WandaVision (Discless SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive MCP-004) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 27, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on July 27, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $87.98 (Box Set) - $36.99 (Full Slip) - $37.99 (Double Lenti)

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 800 Sets, Numbered 1-800. Spot Matte, Spot glossy, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1250 copies, Numbered 1-1250. Spot Matte, Spot glossy, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1250 copies, Numbered 1-1250. 1 x 3D Lenticular, 1 x Flip Lenticular , Spot Matte, Spot glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Folder, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.

Wandervision_OverallPackshot_OC_2000x.jpgWandervision_OverallPackshot_FS_5000x.jpgWandervision_OverallPackshot_DLS_5000x.jpg

Last edited:
I think that this is actually a pretty easy question to answer. Manta is in business to make money. They serve a very niche audience, and if they are going to survive then they need to make strategic decisions about releasing titles that will sell. WandaVision is very popular, so it was a logical trial run title to see if discless releases will sell (and possibly at a higher profit margin since they don't have to supply discs). Since it sold out, their decision seems like it was it was a good one from a business perspective.

@samdavies is basically on point: Premium retailers like Manta Lab don't sell movies, per se; they sell original packaging and extras (collectibles, really) and generally provide the discs along with their products. But they don't really need the titles to exist on disc to do that, even if it might not seem to make sense from some collectors' perspectives.

Where are my: Mank, Stranger Things, Mindhunter, Rings of Power, Andor, etc. etc.

Sandman on blu-ray is a miracle.
If you mean Monk, then it's out on DVD, and KinoLorber is starting to release seasons on Blu-ray.

Everything else I just download, screw them.

My point was, there's nothing wtf about this release. Manta can't give you a disc if there isn't a disc. At least they've given a steelbook, and that's all that's within their power. A steelbook there was obviously demand for, or it'd still be in stock lol

I'm not getting into a D+ BS debate. I don't like it. I've never liked it. I do understand it though, and it just is what it is tbh.
I understand your point as well. Glad that there are people out there who are into this particular release. Hell, I adore Scarlet Witch, but sorta got what I wanted by supporting MoM stuff.

It's just that, yeah, collectors of movies, like people on this forum, well we want our movies to be inside the pretty shells amirite?

But again I'm glad for people who got the steelbook and are happy to have something other than hot toys, funkos of the show etc.

How much do the discless steelbooks usually sell for then?
Do you mean what do manta charge for them? Prices are in the OP. Plus $20 UK shipping (for a single slip). The Batman slips were $2 more than the 2 Marvel ones. TBC moving forward.

If you're talking about resellers, bear in mind they've only sold 3 CP releases as of yet, and only Batman has been released. So there's not much to go on.. just check ebay, there's plenty lol

This has got to be one of the most stupid and pointless releases ever. Why create something when there will never be discs to go in it. Suckers gonna buy them though

Most pointless ever? I think the point is obvious. These things are made to be sold for profit. It sold out. Profit made.

I think they made their point.

Yes, fools will buy anything. Not a great point to make

Even if you do feel that the "point" this release is making is that fools will buy anything, and that it's "not a great point" to make", you have proven that your statement regarding this release being "pointless" is incorrect.

Feeling bitter, hurt or threatened enough by this release, for whatever reason, to call fellow HDN members who like or want something that doesn't appeal to you, "suckers" and "fools", is not a good point to make.

Last edited:
He's right though. But at least I can admit I'm a sucker.
I mean, it was only $50. If you're a sucker, then you're a really low-stakes sucker.

If you really want to make his point, then send me all of your money and I'll invest it for you. I'll make you a fortune.

Here's my address:
J.G. Cramp
666 Ponzi Scheme Way
Off the Grid, USA

All In Win GIF by Barstool Sports

• Haha
Reactions: hatredhorror