Warner Wave 3 vote concluded (Also see separate movie threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Update 1/27/2011

The Steelbooks that received the highest percentage of votes were as follows. We'll have to wait for the pre-orders to go up for Wave 3 or an official announcement for confirmation.

TROY - DIRECTOR'S CUT
11%

FULL METAL JACKET
14%

THE LAST SAMURAI
11%

TRUE ROMANCE
8%

BLADE RUNNER
18%

ROAD WARRIOR
4%

BATMAN
30%

DIRTY HARRY
3%

Saw this while browsing Facebook on my phone:

Voting ends 1/26 11:59 PST

http://www.facebook.com/FutureShop

Titles are as follows and you have to click on the title at their Facebook page to vote.

1. TROY - DIRECTOR'S CUT
2. FULL METAL JACKET
3. THE LAST SAMURAI
4. TRUE ROMANCE
5. BLADE RUNNER
6. ROAD WARRIOR
7. BATMAN
8. DIRTY HARRY

Last edited:
But I really wanted to see Heat and Goodfellas made into Steelbooks.
Guess Blade Runner and Full Metal Jacket will have to do.

I'm not sure why they left the other titles at the wayside from the 1st vote and unfortunately no one at FS has been responsive as they were in the past, so who knows.

Last edited:
So I guess Wave 2 from the fall isn't going to happen.

I voted Blade Runner.

Last Saumarai is bad ass! But Full Metal and Dirty Harry woudl be good too.

I'll vote, but since none of the last Warner Steelbooks we voted for materialized, I'll believe it when I see it. I am personally tired of the recycles titles.

Well technically only one of those titles has been done before ... I'd like to see Road Warrior ... my eyes skipped over that last time.

WOW... i feel stupid...
I accidentally voted for Troy. I thought it said TRON... I think i need a nap. :p

I honestly think we are going to see a change coming in the near future with BD steelbooks.

When I go to any of the FutureShops around me, the shelves are loaded with these catalog title steelbooks and I think FS is making an attempt to try to gauge what the public wants so that they can do those and actually sell out.

Honestly, when was the last time a steelbook sold out a FutureShop within hours of opening. Last time I saw it was over a year ago with the Disney's before they were announced down South, I have not seen it since.

Times are changing my friends ;)

Cheers
CrashKelly

Last edited:
Hey Wreck-yeah, in this case when I say "recycled" I mean that there are barely any New Release Steelbooks from the studios any more. I am all for catalog titles, but sometimes I wonder what they are thinking. I myself have a LONG list of "wish list" catalog titles (I posted here last year somewhere), but since the last wave of Warner Steels mostly had recycled art, it seems they are just re-chewing and re-chewing old titles and making the release state a little "stale". More importantly though-the aspect that's most upsetting to myself and others, is FS seems to have cut off its main purchase base for Steelbooks-the community itself. Since FS always was at the fore front with unique art and features in their Steels, this play just seems a little boring. At least if they were to release older titles, the art could be different. Oh well...

Last edited:
some of those titles could benefit from a kickass Steel with some newly arranged artwork!!

a Re-hash of familiar cover art defeats alot of the purpose of double dipping IMO.

Yeah, and I've not seen the actual art for these, so unfortunately I too am only assuming (not always good, either) they'll be covers I've seen before. My picks from this list would definitely include True Romance. But it's not a title many will vote for (at least not according to the results thus far).

Ha! Nah, I already have editions of some of the other movies, and True Romance is one of my favorites. I hope they do decide to release some from the previous list though. I would have LOVED Heat:)

Buffalo, the first time we voted, no announcement was made regarding what Steelbooks would be released (we picked from Heat, Batman Begins, etc etc).

How a new poll appeared. So if you're interested in these, you'll need to vote for your favorites (see OP). We're not sure what happened to the others...

DB

Status
Not open for further replies.