Weekend (#622) (Criterion Collection)[USA]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Buy here

Release date August 21,2012
weekend.jpg

After a drunken house party with his straight mates, Russell heads out to a gay club. Just before closing time he picks up Glen but what's expected to be just a one-night stand becomes something else, something special.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weekend (Criterion Collection) [USA]

Pre-order: N/A
Release date: 13. Nov

- New, restored high-definition digital transfer, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray edition
- New video essay by film critic Kent Jones
- Archival interviews with actors Mireille Darc and Jean Yanne and assistant director Claude Miller
-Excerpt from a French television program on director Jean-Luc Godard, featuring on-set footage of Weekend shot by filmmaker Philippe Garrel
- Trailers
- PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by critic and novelist Gary Indiana

635_BD_box_348x490.jpg

Reactions: dirtyoak
i bought this bluray criterion edition. i saw the movie initially on netflix earlier this year and was happy to know that it was getting a release on bluray, let alone a criterion release. i purchased it and am very pleased with the whole package. i love the bluray casing, dual slip cover, the booklet has great snapshots of the characters that were taken only for promotional marketing stuff. as much as i loved the bluray transfer, the original trailer, video essay and some other side bonus features, i kind of wish it had more. sure it comes with 2 short films from the director, but i feel like the bonus features like the behind the scenes could of been longer or had more from the actors. but i'm very pleased overall.

Reactions: Horhay