What Country (or company) releases the best collectible steel packages?

Nov 30, 2010
I thought it would be fun to start this thread. So which country or companies steels do you like the best? and why? This is not a poll, all opinions are welcomed. It can be any of the steel packages, SB, IP, MB, even (god forbid) star metal packs.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

I'll start things off. The releases I like the best are Future Shop's, specifically their exclusive Disney MB's. These are always of the highest quality, to this date, 100% guaranteeing embossing on all their releases. If you're a fan of embossing, and dislike alot of writing on the back cover, than these releases are for you. They let their art do all the talking. In terms of content and value for your money, they are virtually unbeatable. 3-4 disc releases are a common place, sometimes even 5 discs. The fact that these are Disney products also virtually guarantee their collectibility for all time. Disney has always been, and always will be popular. So saying these are investments are not too far of a stretch. And thats why I like FS Disney release the best!

Reactions: bgmat58
I completely agree with you on the FS releases. I also think Fnac exclusives and amazon Japan exclusives are highly collectible.

I prefer Viva Metal Boxes from the US, Canada, and Asia. Yeah the plastic on the spine is a little bit of an eye sore but I hardly notice any more. I have taken both Steelbooks and VMBs apart and Vivas have by far a more sturdy structural design.

Last edited: