What have you seen?

Mar 2, 2012
Sin City
Ok so there is a thread for what you`ve seen last in theater but I thought there needed to be a thread as well to post what we have seen on dvd/tv/etc. etc.
Films, tv shows, football matches: it can all be posted here.
I`ll start

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Tabu - A Story Of The South Seas
Murnau`s last film is the universal story of an impossible love surrounded by local habits and thoughts.
It is a silent film but, other than with most of those silent films, Tabu doesn`t have any title cards to "tell the dialogue". That makes the film special, as does the cast that for the biggest consists of amateurs that are from the island where the story takes place. The images and the music are very good as well.
An excellent farewell from the Master Murnau.

8,0/10

Bad Boys
One of my favorite Bruckheimer films, one of wich I thought on it watching it the last time around (about 2 years ago) that it could do with a blu-ray release and could benefit from it very much.
That blu-ray has arrived a while ago and since about two weeks it is a part of my collection.
And indeed: the film does profit from the blu-ray transfer. The warm, typical Miami-atmosphere that Bay creates feels even warmer in high def and is done justice in a transfer that looks great: very tight and with of course a beautiful orange tint that dominates the picture. The sound is excellent as well.
The film itself still is lovely, Lawrence and Smith make a great couple and I know the sharp dialogues by heart now.
Great film in a great release!

8,5/10

Last watched Blu-ray: National Treasure 2
Last watched TV Show: Grimm (newest episode)
Last watched Sports Event: NHL game (Devils vs Flyers, March 13)

Repo Man
The debut feature from Alex Cox is a bit odd but a fine mix of science-fiction and detective with a fat, humor filled Cold War sauce poured over it.
There are quite a few WTF?!? moments in it, wich might not make it everybody`s cup of tea. But, also thanks to a fine punk soundtrack, I thought it was very enjoyable and watchable and enjoyable.
I am curious to see the tv version that is also featured on the Masters Of Cinema blu-ray to see how they messed up this version.

8,0/10

Last watched Blu-ray: Léon: the professional, In time, and Rio
Last watched TV Show: last walking dead episode
Last watched Sports Event: Red Wings Vs Rangers