Whiplash (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Apr 1, 2013
London
Release: June 1st, 2015
Purchase: Whiplash
Price: £20.99
Notes: Gloss with debossed title
Artwork as selected by Damien Chazelle from the Empire Online competition.

FRONT.JPG

BACK.JPG
steel1.jpg
steel2.jpg
steel3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so glad that thanks to a friend of mine I managed to order for £11.99 with 15% Mystery discount. :) I just hope the price never goes down under £10 or something. Still not despatched as well...

Great film and a beautiful steelbook to boot,I had my pre-order with Zavvi way back when and then when the winner of the comp was announced and I saw the God awful looking winner,I like may others cancelled,I went ahead and ordered the amaray from the States and then what do they do?scrap the other steel and go with the one we have now.
I was tempted to double dip and I maybe should have when the price dropped but for now they can keep it and I'll just have to stick with my plastic.

Sold out again for now

I just don't get zavvis pricing strategys
This was £12.99 the other day and was for over a week and with a code even cheaper and then it goes back to £15.99 (about 3 days ago) and people start buying again! And then it sells out
Hmmm Weird

It will be back

Sold out again for now

I just don't get zavvis pricing strategys
This was £12.99 the other day and was for over a week and with a code even cheaper and then it goes back to £15.99 (about 3 days ago) and people start buying again! And then it sells out
Hmmm Weird

It will be back

The price allegedly has nothing to do with it being "sold out" or not. There is just a button they click to have the order button tun into a sold out button and they hit it occasionally to imply that it is actually rare. Then it comes back in stock and people fall for it and buy it. I remember "The Road" being sold out for months, then it came back for as low as 8,09€ and also as part as 3for20€ for months.... same with They Live.... Now it is Whiplash, but I can only repeat myself - this is the perfect steelbook and should be owned by anybody no matter at what price.

The price allegedly has nothing to do with it being "sold out" or not. There is just a button they click to have the order button tun into a sold out button and they hit it occasionally to imply that it is actually rare. Then it comes back in stock and people fall for it and buy it. I remember "The Road" being sold out for months, then it came back for as low as 8,09€ and also as part as 3for20€ for months.... same with They Live.... Now it is Whiplash, but I can only repeat myself - this is the perfect steelbook and should be owned by anybody no matter at what price.

Lol no matter what price? People do a have a limit

Of course price has nothing to do with it being sold out but in the past I have seen listings go to sold out only to come back at a different price but most the time they just change it (like you say a button to go to sold out) also like the huge crazy influx in Disney prices since the £7.99 / £8.99 the other week - they didn't go out of stock for them to change price either so it's not all the time

But they do like to play around with certain items like this and a few others.
Like i said previously a few pages back not many pages have been taken up since it was released. Plus FA and other places had it. Add to that kimchi WEA there is no way these sold out and like someone put on here the other day about their suppliers (I know it's a pretty generic reply they often say) but once they get more stock from their "suppliers" they will put it back on. My guess is it's out of stock because they don't literally have it in warehouse.
They will though

Mine arrived today. Wasn't expecting it so soon! I think this is my fasted Zavvi Order. It's not bend or anything it's in Mint Condition EXEPT for one little scratch on the cover bottom. But don't bother me so everything good. And for 14,92€ I can't complain!

image.jpeg

Reactions: PHD and Flloydo