Hooltra

The French Touch
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
Paris, France
Release date: March 25, 2013
Purchase link: Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
Price: £14.95
Notes: Limited edition of 3000, Includes artwork inside and case is embossed and debossed.

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

rrembossfr-jpg.26642

rremboss-jpg.26641

rrdebossba-jpg.26640

rrdeboss-jpg.26639

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I managed to get an order in yesterday when it first appeared, but as others have pointed out, the zavvi website is a bit of an adventure at times...so keep a look out, it will be back.

As for their service, Ive not had a lot of orders from them, looking at my order history its 8 items, and Ive no complaints about the speed of delivery or packaging of any of them. I am a bit more fussy over my steelbook packaging though so if zavvi are entering the steelbook arena with any real intentions of further exclusives of their own they need to address the packaging situation or they may well soon find themselves with a pile of returned dented steelbooks

Reactions: Ricker
I've just tried to find out what's going on with this and we won't be able to until Monday.

The thickest call centre staff on the planet. They don't listen to your questions and it's like your asking them questions in another language. If you've called them to resolve any problems before, you probably know what I'm talking about. :angry:

Had to speak to a supervisor to find out that they know f**k all and can't find out, as their buying team doesn't work weekends.

We really need a contact for Zavvi as their communication is absolute shite.

WOW! Can't believe it's sold out already ;)

Just another warning shot for those who have never used Zavvi or haven't yet fallen foul of their appalling customer service.

They are easily the worst online UK outfit IMHO. Their practices are unbelievable and yet people will still use them because they are 7p cheaper (on other products - I appreciate this is an exclusive) and then bemoan the fact that they don't receive the item for literally months.

One of their more heinous business models is advertising a product at a particular price to test the water and see if they can get a set number of customers to order the item. They then take that number to the suppliers and see if they can source the item at a price that will then create a certain amount of profit for them per item. If they can: happy days. You get your item (after a few weeks). If they can't: they cancel the order outright because they never had the stock in the first place. I've experienced this on 3 out of the 4 times I've used them and you'll find many UK customers who feel the same way.

All the negative feedback about Zavvi that I've read on here really shocks me. I've ordered from the website on a bi-weekly basis since it started online trading. Both from the UK and here in Australia. It's where I buy all my movies and TV boxsets with the exception of the retailer exclusive steelbooks. Only ever had 1 issue and that was my own fault - ordering too many copies of something and needing to cancel when the orders were already in the warehouse packing. Maybe I've just been lucky but when there's so much of the bad feedback, I feel the need to speak up that it's all been good for me..

Well I managed to get an order in yesterday when it first appeared, but as others have pointed out, the zavvi website is a bit of an adventure at times...so keep a look out, it will be back.

As for their service, Ive not had a lot of orders from them, looking at my order history its 8 items, and Ive no complaints about the speed of delivery or packaging of any of them. I am a bit more fussy over my steelbook packaging though so if zavvi are entering the steelbook arena with any real intentions of further exclusives of their own they need to address the packaging situation or they may well soon find themselves with a pile of returned dented steelbooks

Just wanted to highlight this post for emphasis. It was available for a brief time and you could pre-order it. So it's not merely a placeholder. Those who are saying that are wrong. That said, without any specific inside info, I don't really believe it is sold out and it will come back. The pre-order only seemed up there for a few hours at most. It's quite possible what meedermow stated about a "test run" is correct. I really don't believe any feasible way that it sold out unless one person bought 7000 copies

The only other reason I could think of this being sold out is if it was due to be a play.com exclusive and Zavvi only bought a small amount of stock, in which case it would appear elsewhere soon. Worth keeping an eye on Amazon maybe? It does say Zavvi exclusive but you never know...