[Winner Chosen] Star Wars Prequel Trilogy Steelbook

schrute farms

Adamantium Ninja
Premium Supporter
Apr 23, 2013
DFW, Texas
I ordered a SW PT Steelbook from Amazon.UK and the one I received was "damaged", so I requested a replacement and they let me keep the defective one. Once again, I figured I could give back to this wonderful HDN community. Please keep in mind that this steel is sealed and unopened, but I would not consider it MINT. It will be free however, and will only cost you actual shipping charges via carrier of your choice.

Winner Chosen! - Congratulations Bobafettish66! Honorable mention to Jaws finatic

What you have to do to be eligible to win:

1. Be a member with more than 30 non-spam posts at the start of the contest
2. Tell me what you would have done to make the Prequel Movies better. Anything from plot/storyline improvements to casting choices. ***Please no Jar-Jar references. Everyone knows he is the worst thing about TPM and AOTC. Be creative!***

Winner will be chosen by me on September 15th.

IMG_3739_zpsba48ff58.jpg~original

IMG_3738_zps98cd540d.jpg~original

Last edited:
Why created a character named Darth Maul a more impressive than Darth Vader to kill him so fast. In ep 3 they compressed to many plots in one chapter, the easy deaths of the Jedi Masters including the so ridiculous death of Mace Windu.

Where to start, lol. I actually still enjoy watching these films, but when thinking 'what could have been...', I do get a little sad.

I would get rid of the majority of CGI. This should have used proper sets (where possible) and puppets/miniatures like the originals.

Thanks very much for this!

Remove the romantic nonsence, especially the 2 of them riding those creatures:(

Remove JJB completly:D

Both of the above are ended with a respectful "please";)

Sorry its a LONG read.

i actually believe the basic premise of the trilogy is okay. even most of the casting is fine, they were just bad in the film. the film had the right ingrediants it just needs a bit of remixing so i believe if these elements where altered it would be far better. I’d also alter elements so they sync up with the original trilogy better.

first and foremost. cgi kept to a minimum. the visual effects used in the original trilogy, gave the star wars universe its heart & soul. they should've gone down the same route. scale ship models, space battles done with models, matte paintings to create out of this world planets (like they did with bespin) costumed creatures rather then cgi. etc. recreate the feel of the original trilogy.

Bring someone in to spruce up the dialogue, one of the reasons the actors failed was because a lot of the dialogue was pants. The love scenes were bad because the dialogue was awful. And so on.

I’d merge elements of the first two films.

so we start off with kenobi and qui gon jinn. But Obi wan is not being trained by qui gon they are both elite jedi at their peak. (that way it don’t contradict the originals, in terms of yoda trained obi wan) And they’re on a mission which results in them needing to protect the queen and which eventually ends up leading them to tatooine, where they meet anakin. but Anakin is in his 20’s at this point. And can already use elements of the force. Which is why he stands out, he’s had no training or guidance but the force is strong with him. (no mediclorine crap :p its just obvious he’s special)

With Anakin older You can blossom the relationship between padme & Anakin from the start. i find the relationship in the prequels to be creepy (due to age haha)

When it comes to the space battle In tpm. When Anakin saves the day its not by fluke, its skill, its on purpose, the good guys are getting their asses handed to them, Anakin saves the day. Shows he’s a badass pilot. Back up what obi wan said in a new hope about Anakin being a great pilot.

Clone troopers would be introduced in the first film. when kenobi and qui gon find themselves hiding in naboos underwater civilisation its not gungans they meet its kaminoans. like in aotc they're cloning an army. But they’re not clones of jango fett, they’re clones of boba fett. You can establish why he’s such a bad ass in this film, like there can be a big battle at the end of the first film. And boba battles mace windu (like jingo did in aotc) but windu doesn’t kill boba fett. Fett holds his own against windu. Showing fett is so badass he can hold his own against one of the greatest jedis.

Interms of trooper origins, instead of sipha dias it was count dooku who commissioned the army. qui gon & obi wan discover this when they meet the kaminoans. dooku then tricks yoda and the jedi council into thinking it was to help the republic. (siting he senses a great disturbance in the force and the jedi must be prepared for whats coming) In reality it was all a palpatine plot. But that’s revealed later. The clone army help the good guys win the battle at the end of the first film. think of a mix of the battle of genosia (end of aotc) and the battle between the gungans and the droid armies at the end of tpm. Instead of gungans the droids are battling a very small civilians army with sprinklings of jedi's (& winning) then windu & yoda arrive with the clone army to turn the tide.

Qui gon jinn doesn’t die in the fight with darth maul. Just gravely injured, forcing obi wan to finish the fight alone. i feel qui gons death should've been more significant. yodas speech to windu, about there always being 2 sith, master & apprentice is enough of a cliff hanger to end the first film.

Then the Revenge of the sith story would then stretch across the last 2 films in the trilogy.

Anakin isn’t a whiny ***** who turns to the darkside after being manipulated by the emperor. He’s power hungry, after training he sees he’s more powerful then the other jedi, and wants more power, palpatine takes advantage. Also its during this time he learns of the death of his mother, adding anger to the mix. Then padme wont side with him, when his darker side is revealed adding the feeling of betrayal & hatred. Which push him over the edge.

Anakin and obi wan fight is the same, except at the start. Anakin turns his lightsaber on, its blue, then he does something to turn it red. Would make their fight far clearer…visually I mean

By the end of the second film, Anakin has fully become darth vader costume and all.

But he doesn’t cry nooooooo. He’s just super pissed off. And it happens like in the trailer, so instead of “can you hear me lord vader.” It’s the ominous. “lord vader…riiiise”

Third film is a few months later, and its about a last desperate push by the remaining jedi to prevent the empire taking over the galaxy. it’d be about vader’s revenge, vader hunting down and destroying the jedi. Not him killing bloody younglings.

Padme doesn’t die during child birth.

In the third film the clone troopers look like storm troopers. The empire is beginning to look like the empire we know. So we see tie fighters, star destroyers etc

Its revealed in the third film that dooku was in league with palpatine. Order 66 happens, That’s when the tide truly turns, like in rots they obliterate their jedi masters etc. after order 66 is initiated, palpatine murders count dooku, he was just manipulating him, once he’d gotten what he wanted he had no need for dooku.

Out of guilt for what has transpired, obi wan cant fight vader. So instead qui gon confronts vader & obi wan goes after the emperor. vader kills qui gon. Emperor owns obi wan in a fight, would of died if it wasn’t for yoda saving his ass (like he saves Anakin in aotc) this is when we first see yoda fight, (so no dooku fight in the second film.) eventually they’re forced to retreat, when vader arrives on the scene.

Just like in revenge of the sith, Yoda and obi wan decide they must go into hiding and decide the twins must be split, to ensure vader never finds both. That way there’s always hope.

Though reluctant, Padme agrees & suggests they send luke to tatooine to be with anakin’s relatives. Obi wan goes to watch over luke. padme raises leia on alderan knowing living in naboo would be foolish. she also adopts the surname organa to protect her & leia's identity. until she dies, this would be off screen when leia is young so what leia says in rotj makes sense. then the organa's raise leia into adulthood)

And they go into hiding cue ending from revenge of the sith.

Fyi, even if I haven’t mentioned it, most of the content from the prequels would still be in there. Eg anakins mum dying, darth maul battling qui gon alone in the desert,anakin winning his freedom,grevious, the war with the mysterious (& now mute) droid army (& minus the political bs) windu confronting palpatine & Anakin helping palpatine etc (though that would happen in the 2nd film :p)

would also need a new name for the second film. as i'd have named the 1st film attack of the clones (due to the above mentioned changes i'd make) and the 3rd revenge of the sith (as mentioned above vader and palpatine get their revenge over the jedi.) all i know is the second film would probably have one of these words in it, dark side,empire,darkness.

Last edited:
Thanks for the giveaway

I would have rounded the story out more in episode I to include more action and fleshed Anakin out more.Also I would have made Darth Maul a key figure in the overall 3 episodes,example he would have been involved in the final fight and just for the hell of it a relative to one of the main characters for shock and lasting appeal.

Thanks for the giveaway man!!!

Christ, where to start. Ok, I'm all about the original trilogy as I grew up with the classics. There are some good moments overall (Maul, Jango, episode 3 was quite dark) but I think the reasons they annoy so many fans and myself all boil down to a few key factors.

1. Less CGI. Time has moved on and Lucas got extremely carried away with the CGI. Naturally this was to compensate for the lack of the technology readily available to him when he coined the originals. There's no greater evidence for this than in the way he keeps on tinkering with our beloved originals, he is almost embarrassed about the old effects and always wants to improve upon them. For me one of the biggest ways in which these movies could be improved would be to seriously tone down the CGI. It's all too in your face. In Episode IV we only see and hear that classic lightsaber hum a handful of times and that's what makes it great. Luke handling the weapon for the first time, the cantina dismemberment, the classic Obi Wan / Vader showdown, all short scenes. Much like in horror movies the less we see of the demon / beast / alien the more terrifying it actually is. When you take something like Attack of The Clones and you see a hundred lightsabers whirling around in an arena for ten minutes it just looks plain childish, also there's far too many epileptic spaceships spinning around and lasers going off everywhere. Sometimes less is indeed more. Simply put the prequels need more movie magic / adventure and less CGI!

2. Less political jargon. Like someone said above, there is way too much political input overall. Now I know this is the one area that breaks it up from the non stop action and would make it I guess less childish but it's still very long winded and boring, Lucas' dialogue doesn't really help matters either. I realise we need to be informed of how this saga all began but when you hear the words chancellor, trade federation and council a million times over it just gets annoying. They would definitely be improved if there was a lot less of this.

3. More emphasis on the natural progression of the stormtrooper outfits and vehicles. With regards this area, I thought that was cool the way everything slotted into place. For me a big plus where they got it right was during Episode 3 when we saw the trooper armour had changed shape and the various vehicles started to lose that glossy, pointy, shiny look and had become quite square and industrial looking to coincide with the look of the originals. In my opinion we should have seen more of this. A great showcase for this is during order 66 the jedi execution

[YT]?v=09n0qd_n4c0[/YT]

4. MORE DARTH MAUL! Hands down the best part of Episode 1 and possibly the entire prequel trilogy, for me anyway, is the climatic battle with himself. He is just a damn good character and Lucas could have made the movies a lot darker if he hadn't killed him off so soon. I'll never forget the first time seeing that battle with the double ended saber (goosebumps)

Overall I think the movies do get treated very unfairly. We all know where the flaws lie, but if you can block them out they are enjoyable pieces of entertainment in the end. What I find hilarious to this day is, even the Star Wars fans that hated the prequels just had to go out and buy that recent box set with 8 discs...

Never underestimate the bottomless pockets of a Star Wars nerd :D

I actually haven't seen the prequels. That's why I'm entering. If I had to change something, it would be less Lucas. I understand that the movie he had the least involvement in, Return of the Jedi, is the best; and the worst is the one he was most involved in, one of the prequels. From the previews I've seen, the prequels look pretty stuffy. They probably needed more adventure. They needed some lively storytelling and the others I have thanked in the thread really have good ideas on how the storylines could have been made better. They had decades to plan the 3 prequels so they should have had something better than what's been panned by the Star Wars community.

I would of changed Ewan McGregor for Sam rockwell and let him do his thing.
At least one of his crazy dance routines in every film including the use of lightsabers.

On a serious note: I would of swapped hayden christensen for anyone except him or Paul walker

*No politics - You only have 2 hours of footage to show which costs hundreds of millions of dollars to make...make the 2 hours matter
*Different actor for adult Anakin
*Obi-Wan forgets he's a Jedi and can run fast when Maul kicks him down to the lower level
*Neither Obi-Wan nor Qui-Gon are smart enough to be able to dictate the fight location with Maul
*Take 2 other Jedi to take down a Sith Lord who's been able to hide in front of even Yoda without anyone knowing he's Sith.
*How is it possible that no one on the Jedi Council could figure out Palpatine was Sidious
*There were only 2 Sith in the whole galaxy apparently.....why not send every single Jedi that's alive to take care of them and end them for good? But I'm sure all the other Jedi had more important political things to take care of....including the entire Jedi Council.
*Obi-Wan shouldn't have trained Anakin. He's supposed to become the most powerful Jedi ever and instead of Yoda training him, they let the Apprentice Obi-Wan do it?
*Yoda knew Anakin had anger inside him but did nothing about it.
*How does Obi-Wan lose to Dooku? Dooku is powerful and everything but he's hundreds of years old.
*More focus on Obi-Wan instead of Qui-Gon as Obi-Wan would be the one to play a major role in the trilogy
*Padme Lives and is the reason Anakin still has good in him
*Jango had so many ways he could have killed Mace Windu. He can fly and he has a ranged weapon...why do you have to be face to face to kill someone?
*Anakin is supposed to be all powerful but ends up being all stupid and decides he can just jump over Obi-Wan when he had the high ground
*Obi-Wan lectures Anakin about how much he loves him like a brother but still leaves him to die a slow and painful death instead of putting him out of his misery and thus not allowing Anakin the chance to survive and become the undoing of the entire Jedi Order.
*Obi-Wan didn't train Luke from birth

........Chrome ship

I would have placed more of an emphasis on the storytelling with added focus on character development and worked with the actors to bring out better performances, rather than non-stop CGI, attempted comedic moments, and other areas in which Lucas put more effort into thinking about the technology side of things.

I would've recast for certain characters - especially both actors for Anakin (Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christensen), who were both really annoying. Somehow, in the original trilogy Mark Hamill never was annoying, just not that interesting (Han Solo was the clear underdog). Great casting as far as Natalie Portman, Liam Neeson, Samuel L Jackson and Ewan McGregor go. Ian McDiarmid was in the prequels too much though - I would have liked him to be shadier and the surprise to be more of a revelation than just being predictable. I wouldn't have changed Boba Fett, nor revealed his conception, as it removed the element of mystery around the character - it was cool to have two Maori actors in the films, but a shame they were used to play on an important character (to me anyway). Also had an impact on the Stormtroopers as many of them were revealed to be clones of Jango Fett (stupid writing).

They should have gotten rid of the 2 actors they chose to play Anakin and gotten a less bratty & abrasive person...
In Episode I he couldn't act worth anything and in Episodes II & III he was whiny, annoying and self centered.. I don't care if they were building up for him to be Darth Vader; they didn't have to make you want to plug your ears when Anakin appeared on screen because he reminds us all of that one horrible "whiny coaches son, teachers pet, etc" from our past at school.. lol. Just my opinion.

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Great give-away Schrute Farms! :thumbs: Thanks for it! Damn I hope I win! :scat:

I actually enjoy the Star Wars Prequels :emb: LOL! I've seen all 3 of them in the theaters! But I was (still am!) disappointed with the Jar Jar Binks character! :angry: I just wish Mr. Lucas had thrown his character into the pit of carkoon! Or the cutting floor! :hilarious:

Mines quite simple they should have used less CGI and more real tangible things like puppets and story wise less relationship crap between Padme and Anakin, this IMO slows the story and is pretty pointles! Maybe they could have just thrown in a hot sex scene with Padme ;) for the the conception of Luke and Leia! Also they should have got anyone but Hayden Christensen to play Anakin!

Thanks for the giveaway mate :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4