[WINNERS CHOSEN] [Challenge Coin] Most post ratings (thanks & helpful ratings) during ninja week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Hey forum members, now you've got a taste for ninja week, show us what you have!

Q: What's the challenge?
A: The top FIVE in terms of total count of post ratings (thanks & helpful ratings) during ninja week (or their runners up) will receive a "I Survived Ninja Week" Coin.

Q: How can I win a challenge coin for this challenge?
A: Have the most posts during Ninja week! That's the most posts from Feb 23, 2015 until the conclusion of Ninja week - March 1st (end of day, ET USA)

Q: How will I know how many ratings I have thus far?
A: We'll try and update throughout ninja week a "leader list", as time allows.

Q: What about duplicate entries?
A: Only one challenge coin per winner.

FIVE (5) WINNERS GET A COIN. A group of FIVE winners will be picked from all entries.

REMEMBER. You can win ONLY ONE challenge coin, per member, but enter more challenges to increase your chances!

full

full

1) @digitalbabe 1,594
2) @ricster 893 (already won)
3) @Naughtius Maximus 850
4) @Ricker 784
5) @harry 723 *WINNER
6) @bloodsnake007 676 (already won)
7) @tokaman 670 (already won)
8) @charleybusko 656 *WINNER
9) @bonakaze 648 *WINNER
10) @Noodles 590
11) @FanOfGaming 478
12) @herpderp 471
13) @bigdaygt 400 (already won)
14) @apsmith21 384
15) @pmartin252 367
16) @Asopp 356 (already won)
17) @Pud1804 334 *WINNER
18) @MGD 318 (already won)
19) @mnementh 307 (already won)
20) @Ricardo13 294 *WINNER
21) @Towser 276
22) @Cobster 265

Congrats to @Pud1804 @Ricardo13 @bonakaze @charleybusko @harry

Last edited:
So do host threads count ?

Just asking as I have a combined total of 37 thanks and 1 helpful for my 2 threads ?

Still puzzled :)

I'm puzzled as how this works (maybe I'm just tired)

Where are the thanks etc counted from ?

@mnementh

From the ratings at the bottom of the post.

I just gave you a thanks as an example.

Since i'm a bit of a computer geek, how exactly do you evaluate the ratings?
You probably won't check every post of course, but do you check every profile's Rating-counter via SQL-statement or something like that?
Probably a question for @AcIDc0r3 , right?

Since i'm a bit of a computer geek, how exactly do you evaluate the ratings?
You probably won't check every post of course, but do you check every profile's Rating-counter via SQL-statement or something like that?
Probably a question for @AcIDc0r3 , right?

I do a database query on the ratings given per post, as they are tracked by user, and simply do a count

(I develop software for a living.) ;)

So do host threads count ?

Just asking as I have a combined total of 37 thanks and 1 helpful for my 2 threads ?

Still puzzled :)

Hmmmm. It might be that our "thanks" is converted from the basic "likes" behind the scenes and can account for the
discrepancy.

I'll take a peek tomorrow and re-run a variance on the query to see for certain.

I do a database query on the ratings given per post, as they are tracked by user, and simply do a count

(I develop software for a living.) ;)

Thanks for the insight buddy! I always asked myself how exactly something like a forum works behind the scenes! :)
I know it's not everybody's matter, but i'd love to see a few insights at some point! Don't know if this has already happened sometime before, but would it be possible to just get a few glimpses of the administrating tools you guys are working with? :wow:

BTT just a bit, this means that the counts work in total, so for every post on the whole site (well, like you've stated, not in messages or such), right? Think i need to post my whole collection finally then lol..

Thanks for the insight buddy! I always asked myself how exactly something like a forum works behind the scenes! :)
I know it's not everybody's matter, but i'd love to see a few insights at some point! Don't know if this has already happened sometime before, but would it be possible to just get a few glimpses of the administrating tools you guys are working with? :wow:

Ha ha - it's the typical server and database stuff - I don't think it's a secret that this forum runs on Xenforo (created by those guys that started and then left VBulletin). But the rest of it, pretty normal day to day things that wouldn't be hard to find via a google search.

BTT just a bit, this means that the counts work in total, so for every post on the whole site (well, like you've stated, not in messages or such), right? Think i need to post my whole collection finally then lol..

Correct, just the posts. I did not account for, let's say someone rating your media gallery picture, or someone liking a conversation message, this contest is for posts only, just so I can keep myself sane when I run the query. ;)

Was gona say I thought I had a few thanks over the last 2 days but obviously not lol

Good luck to everyone

Hmmmm. It might be that our "thanks" is converted from the basic "likes" behind the scenes and can account for the
discrepancy.

I'll take a peek tomorrow and re-run a variance on the query to see for certain.

Was gona say I thought I had a few thanks over the last 2 days but obviously not lol

Good luck to everyone

@Flloydo

Obviously I'm running to and fro this AM, but as I mentioned to @mnementh I'll be checking into it tomorrow, and will do a recount for day 1, if there is an issue

(See quoted post above for more info please)

@Flloydo

Obviously I'm running to and fro this AM, but as I mentioned to @mnementh I'll be checking into it tomorrow, and will do a recount for day 1, if there is an issue

(See quoted post above for more info please)

Oh yeah I see you post lol no worries mate I prob don't have as many as I think and as some people get on here anyway but one of the other coin comps was make sure you post allot so I have been lol so hopefully I get into that one lol been going turbo with my posts and answers.
Cheers andy

WOW, I am on the board :) cant see me catching the leading 5 though

Ron

There's always potential for the folks in the lead to win coins, and therefore get a chance to the folks below.

I will continue to adjust the number of members (and their count) brought back through the week, as it is a bit of a sliding scale on these.

There's always potential for the folks in the lead to win coins, and therefore get a chance to the folks below.

I will continue to adjust the number of members (and their count) brought back through the week, as it is a bit of a sliding scale on these.

Thank you @apsmith21 , but, what a dilema, do I hope those above me win a coin, thus moving me up the list at the risk others will overtake me, or, win a coin myself first somewhere else on the forum? :) :p decisions decisions :thumbs:

Ron

Thank you @apsmith21 , but, what a dilema, do I hope those above me win a coin, thus moving me up the list at the risk others will overtake me, or, win a coin myself first somewhere else on the forum? :) :p decisions decisions :thumbs:

Ron

I would participate in as many contests as you can, as there will be people that win the daily challenges, and will have to be excluded from the weekly ones.

A couple of them don't have a ton of entries thus far.

Reactions: Scary Hair
Status
Not open for further replies.