Would you like to see UK Grindhouse Steelbooks?

Would you like to see Grindhouse Steelbooks?

• Planet Terror and Death Proof in boxset (1 Steelbook case, not jumbo)-about 20 GBP

Votes: 82 40.0%
  • Death Proof only-about 15 GBP only

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • Planet Terror only-about 15 GBP only

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Planet Terror and Death Proof as separate Steelbooks 15 GBP each

Votes: 82 40.0%
  • None

Votes: 30 14.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hello Grindhouse fans!

Please share your feedback in the thread or poll.

Thanks all!

poll.jpg

Last edited:
The German one is about as perfect a Steelbook as you can get for this film, except it doesn't play in the US. Give me the Grindhouse Double-Feature or nothing (This is meant to be a single movie). And by that I mean just as I experienced it in the theater; An overall 70s feel, Planet Terror, some fake trailers, and then Death Proof, all in one long cut. I think Death Proof should have been first originally, but I'll take it just as they gave it to me.

The German one is about as perfect a Steelbook as you can get for this film, except it doesn't play in the US. Give me the Grindhouse Double-Feature or nothing (This is meant to be a single movie). And by that I mean just as I experienced it in the theater; An overall 70s feel, Planet Terror, some fake trailers, and then Death Proof, all in one long cut. I think Death Proof should have been first originally, but I'll take it just as they gave it to me.

But wasn't the whole grindhouse double feature cut? I prefer the uncut versions of both films and imo the actual german steelbook looks horrible. Basically all the art and poster art for both film are much better than that art just my opinion

By the way the whole reason I bought the blu Ray was for those reasons too but as much as I enjoyed the full experience I remember being annoyed they cut scenes out so I just stick to watching the DVD's each time.

Reactions: GeekSexy
Already got the double bill disc, so only interested in separate steels of the full version of each film. "Especially Death Proof"

But wasn't the whole grindhouse double feature cut? I prefer the uncut versions of both films and imo the actual german steelbook looks horrible. Basically all the art and poster art for both film are much better than that art just my opinion

No they weren't cut. The versions on the double feature are the versions intended by both directors to be the final cut. Due to that double bill flopping quicker than John Holmes after a coke binge they then placed back in much of the deleted scenes and stuff that was left out for time constraints which became the separate releases.

No they weren't cut. The versions on the double feature are the versions intended by both directors to be the final cut. Due to that double bill flopping quicker than John Holmes after a coke binge they then placed back in much of the deleted scenes and stuff that was left out for time constraints which became the separate releases.

Oh yeah i remember now. I remember originally getting the ump because it didn't do too well in the U.S. and me and my mates moaning that we wouldn't see it that way. But like you mention with the added stuff, I prefer the single releases. Last time me and my mates watched them was on dvd and I rememebr putting in the blu Ray to see the trailers and then back to dvd but my mates aren't a massive fan of deathproof so we had to watch that first so planet terror can go on last because "more happens" (their words) I love death proof tho, big kurt fan and he was epic in it. Allthough I equally love planet terror. I'm putting on death proof now to go to sleep to lol been a good year or so since I've seen it and all this talk is making me thirsty :)
I probably won't even make it to kurt! :(

Lol john Holmes, You also reminded me of wonderland- been a long long long (get it) time since I've seen that

Reactions: psychoscot
I'd prefer separate steelbooks for the extended versions, because there's already the German version for the doublebill version with the shorter cuts, whilst there's no Planet Terror Steelbook, and the German Death Proof steelbooks aren't that great.

Then again, why not all 3?

Oh yeah i remember now. I remember originally getting the ump because it didn't do too well in the U.S. and me and my mates moaning that we wouldn't see it that way. But like you mention with the added stuff, I prefer the single releases. Last time me and my mates watched them was on dvd and I rememebr putting in the blu Ray to see the trailers and then back to dvd but my mates aren't a massive fan of deathproof so we had to watch that first so planet terror can go on last because "more happens" (their words) I love death proof tho, big kurt fan and he was epic in it. Allthough I equally love planet terror. I'm putting on death proof now to go to sleep to lol been a good year or so since I've seen it and all this talk is making me thirsty :)
I probably won't even make it to kurt! :(

Lol john Holmes, You also reminded me of wonderland- been a long long long (get it) time since I've seen that

lol yeah same with me, I saw Death Proof at the cinema and LOVED it, then watched the double feature with Planet Terror on blu ray. I prefer Death Proof over PT.

Yeah I get it, took me loooooooooooong time! :naughty::naughty::naughty: :rofl:

Reactions: lolwut and Flloydo
I first saw Death Proof at the Edinburgh film festival years ago. It had a Q&A with Zoe Bell afterwards which was quite interesting, though most of the questions were about Tarantino which felt a bit awkward after a while!

Already got the German steelbook of both, the UK slip of both, and Planet Terror and Grindhouse UK separate amarays. I suppose I'd quadruple dip if a UK steel for both had awesome art!

Last edited:
Oh yeah.. Huge Grindhouse nut here. Must have watched them together back to back with the missus about 12 times. I never understood the harsh criticism, I see way past their flaws and enjoy every last minute of both movies.

Voted for the the boxset option. I already own the lovely German steel, PT & DP amarays (for the extended cuts and scratch proof version of PT) and the 6 disc Japanese boxset, but would easily purchase a UK steel. Hell, I'd even buy a Grindhouse steel and still grab them as separates.

Reactions: lolwut
Voted for "Death Proof only", because I just want to add it to my Tarantino collection, but I wouldn't mind a boxset either. :)

i miss the "3-disc limited edition" option with both the "grindhouse" double feature and the two standalone features as extra discs. ;)

i voted for the "separate steelbooks" option, because i already have the german "grindhouse" steel and the "death proof" steel with blue banner,
so i only miss a proper "planet terror" steelbook for my collection. :)

I wouldn't buy them as I'm not a fan of the movies but because im not a total dick-wad I voted yes because I know there's a lot of grind house fans out there that would love Steelbooks of these and their existence would not effect my life whatsoever.

Reactions: Ranavalone