Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Release date: October 7, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £32.99 £16.54

71bNC1AvxLL._SL1500_.jpg

71MXbZQdWrL._SL1500_ (1).jpg71PeqNQdUUL._SL1500_.jpg91ttD0suXHL._SL1500_.jpg

darkphoenix_small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am waiting for another reseller who will not take my money immediately.
amazon dont take your money immediately and make sure when you buy something. make sure amazon will sell and not 3rd party. so that they will not charge you str8 away. its just £1 and thats all

Reactions: Stuc
amazon dont take your money immediately and make sure when you buy something. make sure amazon will sell and not 3rd party. so that they will not charge you str8 away. its just £1 and thats all
Sorry, I certainly dreamed of the € 53.16 charged by amazon in my bank account for John Wick Parabellum pre-order , the € 1.22 charged by my bank for paying in GBP and the € 52.64 refunded after having canceled (Yes, the exchange rate obviously changed to my disadvantage).
It is a reality, now amazon immediately charge the pre-orders that are not shipped within 5 days (for some anyway). I invite you to browse the topic on John Wick 3 amazon.co.uk exclusive ;)

Last edited:
Sorry, I certainly dreamed of the € 53.16 charged by amazon in my bank account for John Wick Parabellum pre-order , the € 1.22 charged by my bank for paying in GBP and the € 52.64 refunded after having canceled (Yes, the exchange rate obviously changed to my disadvantage).
It is a reality, now amazon immediately charge the pre-orders that are not shipped within 5 days (for some anyway). I invite you to browse the topic on John Wick 3 amazon.co.uk exclusive ;)
i pre ordered The curse of La Llorona, Alita: Battle Angel, Godzilla: King Of Monster and Aladdin. and until now they charge me just 1 pound.

Reactions: Stuc
i pre ordered The curse of La Llorona, Alita: Battle Angel, Godzilla: King Of Monster and Aladdin. and until now they charge me just 1 pound.
Which isn't a charge - it's a 'pre-auth' to check that the card details are valid. It stays on your card account for about 7 days before dropping off, as the actual payment request isn't made. It's what hotels do when you arrive and they ask to scan your card - they'll usually do a 'pre-auth' to the value of the likely cost of your stay (cost of the room plus a few extras e.g. to cover things that you might charge to your room). It then 'reserves' the funds on your card account so that they know you will be able to pay upon departure (also, they can then charge your card if you try to leave without paying!).

BTW, I've currently got two pre-orders in with Amazon, neither of which I have been charged for.

Which isn't a charge - it's a 'pre-auth' to check that the card details are valid. It stays on your card account for about 7 days before dropping off, as the actual payment request isn't made. It's what hotels do when you arrive and they ask to scan your card - they'll usually do a 'pre-auth' to the value of the likely cost of your stay (cost of the room plus a few extras e.g. to cover things that you might charge to your room). It then 'reserves' the funds on your card account so that they know you will be able to pay upon departure (also, they can then charge your card if you try to leave without paying!).

BTW, I've currently got two pre-orders in with Amazon, neither of which I have been charged for.
thats what i said amazon they dont charge you until the item will despatch and thats what i believe

From Amazon.co.uk

About Authorisations

When you place an order, Amazon contacts the issuing bank to confirm the validity of the payment method. Your bank reserves the funds until the transaction processes or the authorisation expires, but this isn't an actual charge.

Some banks call authorisations "pending" or "processing" charges. After an order is placed, Amazon contacts the issuing bank to confirm that the payment method is valid. While most card issuers release authorisations within 3-5 business days, some banks have been known to hold authorisations for up to 7 days. Please contact the issuing bank for more information on their specific policies regarding authorisations.

Note:
  • When you place your first order with us we may contact the credit card's issuing bank to confirm that the payment card is a valid number, and hasn't been reported as lost or stolen. This is communicated via a £1.00 authorisation. Learn more at our About Authorisations for £1.00 Help page
  • It's not uncommon for a request for payment card authorisation to fail once or twice before the card is finally authorised by the issuing bank. We'll send you an e-mail if we experience difficulties in authorising your payment card.

Some customers in UK and some outside UK have had payment taken in full for some pre orders done since May with Amazon UK and some other Amazon Europe websites
It's only a few customers affected so far not everyone

A lot not had payment taken for pre orders this is why you and others not had it happen yet

If amazon select a customer for Payment be taken in full on a pre order it will be 5 working days after order was done

If you not been affected yet keep watch on credit/debit card pending transactions 5 working days (Mon-Fri) after you do a pre order

Hopefully Amazon will stop doing this after the amount of complaints they gotten so far

I also not been affected yet so far but there has been customers who have been

From what I gather it was only meant to be applied to game pre orders and a mix up happened

• Helpful Post
Reactions: K.i.T