Purchase link: Standard edition
Price: 24.99 Standard
Group Buy: Drum18 or Biscuitnoir

World Exclusive Art: Yes
Units: 4000 Standard
Finish: Mixed Gloss and Satin

Some of the features of the standard Blu-ray SteelBook:
•Mondo X SteelBook™ series #001
•A loving treatment of the art created by Martin Ansin with extra details by the artist himself
•Disc art created specifically for this SteelBook release. Featuring an exact replica of the watch from the movie with rich colour tones
•The timelines are separated by detailed gloss and satin combined complex metallic layering
•Highly detailed metallic effect
•Each piece has been personally designed by Mondo and SteelBook from the front cover to the discs
•Packaged in a translucent sleeve with Mondo X SteelBook branding

00.jpg

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg

Exclusive HDN Preview Video

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah must admit I only bought Drive for the art as I can't play it. Unless they do some Marvel/DC "Warner" or possibly Star Wars releases I can't see me buying many and won't be buying anymore region locked ones not matter how good the art. Got too many Asian steels on order to start buying discs I can't play, plus I thought looper was pretty rubbish to be honest, certainly not worthy of being 001 regardless of the art quality, but hey thats only my opinion. :ugh::ugh:
In the states, a region free player runs about $120. You must have a similar option. Well worth the investment.

Reactions: psychoscot
Personally, I'm a big fan of Looper and am hoping that this is THE definitive Looper steelbook to have (even if its certainly not the first one). Haven't been disappointed yet by what the packages they've put together for #000 and #002 so here's hoping #001 is another winner

I understand why some people are disappointed though! Still love that FS is doing these Mondo steels and will keep supporting them so hopefully they keep making more and get to some of my dream choices (Avengers! Jurassic Park! ahhh too many to list!)
I hope it's good. I have the other two Mondo artist Loopers. Problem is, I have a love/hate relationship with Mondo. Some is great, and some is absolute piss. It really depends on the film/Mondo artist too. I love the Looper ones I have, but all the Alien art posters they have done are just...bad. So, fingers crossed it is good and different from the other two. Glad it wasn't Alien. Woulda been curious about a Dark Knight though.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
In the states, a region free player runs about $120. You must have a similar option. Well worth the investment.

Thought about it, we'll see what the New Year brings. I have hundreds of blurays and Drive will be the first that is region A lol! It may be worth the investment if I collect some more region A discs unfortunately with the exception of Drive none have appealled to me or are the same or have better versions released elsewhere. Looper certainly isn't it though lol!

Reactions: harry and C.C. 95
Thought about it, we'll see what the New Year brings. I have hundreds of blurays and Drive will be the first that is region A lol! It may be worth the investment if I collect some more region A discs unfortunately with the exception of Drive none have appealled to me or are the same or have better versions released elsewhere. Looper certainly isn't it though lol!
When I got my RF Player I said "eh, don't need the 3D with it..." Now I really do!! I have lots of Region B 3D steels, and swapping discs (EVEN when you get them for cheap) gets tiresome. My point being, you think it won't impact things but it does. I was freakin' nuts to think I would be swapping 'A' discs for 'B's and it would be fine!
It's great because you literally have zero boundaries with your Blu purchases (a GIFT AND a CURSE!!!:LOL:)!
I hope you can get one in the New Year!:thumbs:
p.s. Still have yet to have to buy a region 'C' disc. Don't they roam wild in Mongolia??!!:hilarious:

Reactions: psychoscot
It'd be sick if they did the same art on the steel as they did on the vinyl complete with a die-cut "burlap" slipcover. Will be getting this regardless though. Like @Bluprint I've already decided to collect the entire series as long as they're premium releases.

Reactions: Bluprint
Big fan of Looper but seeing as the Mondo art has been done for the HMV steelbook it's a little disappointing to see it being done again. I would've rather seen 'The Lost Boys' if I'm being honest. However, I am pleased that it's not going to be Alien or The Dark Knight

Reactions: Bluprint and rj531
Has the only mondo print for Looper been Martin Ansin's effort?

o-LOOPER-MONDO-POSTERS-facebook.jpg

If so, I'm will probably give this a miss. The mondo-esque HMV release is good enough for me.

I just watched the move a few days ago and must say, I liked it better in the cinema. So I won't get it, but at least they use a fantastic artwork, and the varian edition just looks awesome.

Too bad that it isn't The Dark Knight, but Looper looks great and it's one of my favourite movies of 2012 so I can't really complain. Still, I wish it had been something else because Looper already has "a few" nice steelbook versions.