• Tron (FNAC France)

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Scarface(Worldwide)

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • Fast Five 5(Netherlands)

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Pulp Fiction(UK)

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • 'Reel Heroes' Steelbook Collection (Media Markt)

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Jurassic Park Trilogy (Media Markt)

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • X-Men First Class (France)

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Captain America (Worldwide)

Votes: 29 15.9%
  • ***** Slap

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Transformers 3

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Planet of the Apes France

Votes: 9 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA

Voting ends 1/16/2012

***Nominations now complete (there's a 25 max choices limit in the poll***

Thank you all for suggesting Steelbooks for the voting list for 2011!

Hi Everyone,

Urbeen's comment in the Lion King thread gave me the idea to start our own yearly voting poll at hidefninja.com. We've had 'Favorite Steelbooks of xxxx year', but hopefully this annual thread will give everyone a chance to jump in on all Steels released, in any given year, and pick their 'Best of the Best'.

I'll add some "hot" choices that have been mentioned this year to get us started, and keep any slots, for which we don't have titles yet, 'open'.

1) Chime in with your 'nominations'-I'll add them if they get multiple nods-25 slots for nominations are available.

2) You can then vote for multiple Movie Steelbooks-(See Video Game Steelbook area for VG poll)

3) In submitting nominations, please choose your 'overall favorites' of any Movie Steelbook released(regardless of size, paint finish, etc etc) in 2011.

4) You can check results anytime, buy looking at 'poll results'; final results posted before the end of the year.

5) Feel free to use our 'Upcoming Steelbook Releases' thread for a 'recap'

6) Voting will continue through 1/15/2012 to allow any Steelbooks released by 12/31/2011 to arrive, and be considered.

Have fun! :scat:

DB

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't understand the Thor voting have to say, it's in the lead. Captain America only a few votes. SP releases all the way for me this year.

So where is the 'worst steelbook this year' vote? That could be fun ...

How about this for best set?

THOR-05.jpg

Very interesting poll. You can vote for more than one, so I voted for the following:
SDCC Sucker Punch, because the artwork was gorgeous, and unlike any other release or any other version of Sucker Punch.
Futureshop Harry Potter Series - once again unlike any other Harry Potter releases, and they look great as a set.
Matrix (Canada) - It's just a beautiful Steelbook. As far as I know, artwork is unique to that release, and the coloring just makes it a stunning steel.
I'm surprised that Thor is ranking up there tied for #1. It's definitely a great looking design, but it's a shame that EVERY country had the exact same Steelbook for the movie.

Last edited:
I couldn't decide between Captain America and Transformers 3, so I went for both. :D

In order to get my vote for steelbook of the year, the steelobook had to meet these three criteria:
1) It must be G2---This rules out Sucker Punch (USA) even though it has some of the best art of the year for a steelbook
2) It must be a "slim" sized steelbook (not a Jumbo)---This rules out Jurassic Park (Germany) although mine is slimmed down:scat:
3) It must have inside art---This didnt eliminate any of my top favorites:)

My all time favorite for this year was Fast & Furious 5 (Germany) but it didnt make the poll so I chose the next best which was The Matrix (Canada) for its very unique art.

Faster
Sucker Punch Germany
Green Hornet
X-Men France
Captain America
Thor
ROTPOTA France
Fast 5 NL

These are my favorites this year. Its not even fair of me to pick a favorite of them as they are all so awesome.

So official standing is Thor, Sucker Punch Comic Con, and then Lion King.

Thor won.

This is more than just a fun thread, as there will be places we will recognize the winner.

Hi guys-this poll is still open, and ends January 16,2012. If you have not voted yet, feel free to do so. As mentioned before, if you need to change your vote, because you didn't realize you could vote for more than 1 choice, the first time you voted, please PM me. I
l'll need to know what you originally voted for, and what you need to change your vote to. Thanks! :scat:

as with any of the legitimate award presentations such as the Oscars,Grammys,Emmys,etc.,there should be an official "members of the academy" that should in the end, make the official choices for declaring the winners in specific categories.its definitely nice to have a poll for members here to participate and give their opinion in the subject matter,but as noted above with the other awards,its not really the most popular that ends up winning in the end.i think that's how it should be.the Official Staff(moderators) in here are more than competent,knowledgeable,skilled and format informed enough to make the final decisions and should be the "official members" of our steelbook academy ;) their decisions will not please everybody but will definitely be more than respected enough and everyone in the end will be able to live the winners announced.even with the current polling,we already have people not being happy with the steelbooks on top of the list.
maybe the top 5 in the poll should be the final nominees or something.that way no one for sure will know who the eventual winner will be;which would make it more exciting in the end.what about add a few more categories.i think its still early enough and plenty of time to get everyone here to vote a few more times.we have dedicated members here that stay in touch that it would be no problem at all i think to get some voting done.as far as expanding the categories,what about G1 steelbook of the year,G2 steelbook of the year,Video game steelbook of the year,catalog title steelbook of the year.then finally an overall steelbook of the year :scat:
just my 2 cents :movie:

Last edited:
Reactions: spice1dank
Great poll but this is going to make the winning steelbook have its price go through the roof on eBay.

Nevertheless it would be great to have a poll for the best 2009 and 2010 steelbooks, although the thread's title doesn't really allow for that to happen.

thor --amazing looking steelbook! hope all the marvel superheroes gets a steel treatment like this..

Status
Not open for further replies.