• Tron (FNAC France)

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Scarface(Worldwide)

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • Fast Five 5(Netherlands)

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Pulp Fiction(UK)

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • 'Reel Heroes' Steelbook Collection (Media Markt)

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Jurassic Park Trilogy (Media Markt)

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • X-Men First Class (France)

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Captain America (Worldwide)

Votes: 29 15.9%
  • ***** Slap

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Transformers 3

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Planet of the Apes France

Votes: 9 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA

Voting ends 1/16/2012

***Nominations now complete (there's a 25 max choices limit in the poll***

Thank you all for suggesting Steelbooks for the voting list for 2011!

Hi Everyone,

Urbeen's comment in the Lion King thread gave me the idea to start our own yearly voting poll at hidefninja.com. We've had 'Favorite Steelbooks of xxxx year', but hopefully this annual thread will give everyone a chance to jump in on all Steels released, in any given year, and pick their 'Best of the Best'.

I'll add some "hot" choices that have been mentioned this year to get us started, and keep any slots, for which we don't have titles yet, 'open'.

1) Chime in with your 'nominations'-I'll add them if they get multiple nods-25 slots for nominations are available.

2) You can then vote for multiple Movie Steelbooks-(See Video Game Steelbook area for VG poll)

3) In submitting nominations, please choose your 'overall favorites' of any Movie Steelbook released(regardless of size, paint finish, etc etc) in 2011.

4) You can check results anytime, buy looking at 'poll results'; final results posted before the end of the year.

5) Feel free to use our 'Upcoming Steelbook Releases' thread for a 'recap'

6) Voting will continue through 1/15/2012 to allow any Steelbooks released by 12/31/2011 to arrive, and be considered.

Have fun! :scat:

DB

Last edited by a moderator:
Voted for the Harry Potters from Future Shop. I still love them to death and the free shelf on top of them is just like a cherry on an already awesome set!

Hey guys-thanks as always for all of the great suggestions. This is the 1st poll we've ever done at this site, and there is always room to add other features for future polls. In the meantime, the poll will remain community driven, as we want the votes to reflect the actual 'pulse' of our members, instead of the 'rule' of a few. In the future, we can certainly consider other 'sub-categories' for 'best art', 'best features, i.e. embossing, etc etc'. Thanks all for your participation in the 2011 vote!

DB

Great poll but this is going to make the winning steelbook have its price go through the roof on eBay.

Well I dunno. The Comic Con Sucker Punch prices are already through the roof, and Thor is a long way from being tough to get hold of, so maybe the result won't shake things up that much?

I personally think that voting would be different if we were to revote. I bet Captain America would garner the most votes. Its pretty awesome. :scat:

My 1st pick would have to be the Thor steelbook. I love the embossing with the red cape in the back and especially the back cover with the hammer. Other picks would have to be Captain America, Rise of the Planet of the Apes (France) and the Futureshop Harry Potter steels.

Folks, as a reminder, this poll closes 1/16/2012. As mentioned a few times, you are free to change your vote until then. Just PM me, and let me know what you originally voted for and what you want to vote for instead. Thanks! DB

TronScreenshots006.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd383/thaltiner/Faster/TronScreenshots031.jpg

TronScreenshots035.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd383/thaltiner/Faster/TronScreenshots021.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

The Rock wins for model of the year. Hard to contest that with the two clean and awesome covers of Fast and Furuious 5 and Faster. :scat:

Sucker Punch SDCC has my vote, but I think that because it's G1, it's lost some of the SIZZLE that it could have gotten if it was a G2.
Thor comes a very close second, awesome movie, and awesome artwork....

Sucker Punch SDCC has my vote, but I think that because it's G1, it's lost some of the SIZZLE that it could have gotten if it was a G2.
Thor comes a very close second, awesome movie, and awesome artwork....

Lost its sizzle? Babydoll is still super hot based on, among other things, this evilbay auction going on right now with 6 days to go - http://www.ebay.com/itm/120838213248

This steelbook's art is beautiful and its design is exquisite right down to the artwork on the discs. Of course it's limited run helps its long term value as well. Sorry I didn't mean to be lobbying here ;)

Thor has everything a winner should be other than being mass production and low price $$$. Even though Thor is nice, it just doesn't give me the "wow" factor when I'm holding it...I guess the artwork is just too simple...black background and cut and paste a body of him and you're done....1 minute job.

It would be nice to have the winner represent in term of high $$$ as well. oh well...you can't win them all.

A lot of people are not voting Sucker Punch just because it's G1. If it was G2, then it would win a landslide over Thor. Another problem is that people vote for what they have in the collection...and not too many bought the Sucker Punch G1.

Congratulation to Thor steelbook LOL....

Last edited:
The only one so nice that I bought in that list for the presentation is The Lion King 2D/3D, in particular the Hong Kong version with extra slipcover to go along will all that debossing.

How come nothing on the Future Shop Disney wave made it on the list??? The poll is seriously flawed.

Poll concluded 1/16/2012. With the most votes, 'Thor' has won 'Steelbook of the Year' for the 2011 release year. See you next year & thanks for voting!

Boooo.....i want a recount....haha lol :violent:
thanks for our 1st annual "Steelbook of the Year" contest.
already looking forward to an outstanding 2012 :oohyeah:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.