• Total voters

FanOfGaming

Steelbook, POP & Statue Collector
Premium Supporter
Jan 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Quarterfinal Matchups:

Eastern Conference:
New York Rangers (1) vs Ottawa Senators (8)
Boston Bruins (2) vs Washington Capitals (7)
Florida Panthers (3) vs New Jersey Devils (6)
Pittsburgh Penguins (4) vs Philadelphia Flyers (5)

Western Conference:
Vancouver Canucks (1) vs Los Angeles Kings (8)
St Louis Blues (2) vs San Jose Sharks (7)
Phoenix Coyotes (3) vs Chicago Blackhawks (6)
Nashville Predators (4) vs Detroit Red Wings (5)

My picks:
New York Rangers/Boston Bruins/New Jersey Devils/Pittsburgh Penguins
Vancouver Canucks/St Louis Blues/Phoenix Coyotes/Detroit Red Wings

What are your picks? Also, vote in the poll with your pick to win the Stanley Cup!

Last edited:
Interesting that Washington finally broke through when people finally wrote them off. All 12 "experts" on ESPN picked the Bruins to win the series (although 10 of 12 also picked the Penguins, so they're not doing well anywhere. Only 1 picked the Senators and 3 picked Florida, making it possible they totally wiffed on the entire Conference)

I added the 1 vote for Phoenix to win the Stanley Cup. My heart got broken a few night ago, when a team out of the Arizona desert eliminated the Blackhawks - still trying to figure that one out. For whatever reason, Phoenix looked so much more disciplined than the Blackhawks on the ice. So now that the Blackhawks are out, they might as well go out to the best team in the league. (Plus, my manager's cousin dates Taylor Pyatt, so I guess there is that.)

I added the 1 vote for Phoenix to win the Stanley Cup. My heart got broken a few night ago, when a team out of the Arizona desert eliminated the Blackhawks - still trying to figure that one out. For whatever reason, Phoenix looked so much more disciplined than the Blackhawks on the ice. So now that the Blackhawks are out, they might as well go out to the best team in the league. (Plus, my manager's cousin dates Taylor Pyatt, so I guess there is that.)

There were some vicious hits in that series!

There were some vicious hits in that series!

There was a go number of hits in this series. Hossa, literally got knocked out by Torres. The rest of the series was filled with retaliation. But there were some good flops in here to (see Mike Smith). But darn it, if he didn't play lights out the entire series. It was as if if fortified the net somehow.

Attachments

• shaw_smith_hit.jpg
    shaw_smith_hit.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 101
NJ WON FoG! Congrats. Lucky goal though... Florida was coming on strong in the 3rd and the O/T periods.

To the 2nd round we go.

:D :oohyeah:

I actually mostly lost my voice today, had to go to work and could barely talk to customers :joy:

Apparently roughly 84 minutes of yelling at the TV and erupting with joy at the end isn't good for your throat :rolleyes:

yupp, Smith stole them another win, thing is if he keeps doing that they might get to the conference finals

My picks:
Philadelphia :)()/Washington/St Louis/Nashville

I dunno about Philly... goaltending is way to inconsistent and IMO weak. Right from the get go I thought the Bryzgalov signing was a bad move. We got to see plenty of him when he played out west and I never thought he was all that great let alone giving him that huge contract. They are a really good team though otherwise. Imagine Pronger was in the lineup... they would be scary good at that point. If they could get Pronger back and actually have a good consistent goalie in net Im sure they could actually would win a cup. They only fell slightly short to Chicago a few years ago although this is a different team without Carter and Richards.

Time shall tell. This year we are in new waters with the usual suspects not being in the 2nd round with the exception of a few. Who knows who's going to the finals. I mean who predicted no Vancouver, Detroit, Chicago or San Jose in the 2nd round in the west. No one.

Very surprised Predators and Blues are both down 2-0

Big win tonight for NJ!

The East is looking a lot tighter then the West at this point

Great effort by the Devils that series, even I didn't expect them to handle Philly (and in 5 games at that :oohyeah:)

Who would have thought Los Angeles, Phoenix and New Jersey would be 3 of the top 4 teams in the league (and Washington too if they can come back EEK!)

That's what's great about sports

Great effort by the Devils that series, even I didn't expect them to handle Philly (and in 5 games at that :oohyeah:)

Who would have thought Los Angeles, Phoenix and New Jersey would be 3 of the top 4 teams in the league (and Washington too if they can come back EEK!)

That's what's great about sports

tell me about it. Im rooting for the Devil from the East now even though whoever wins the Ranger/Caps series will be TOUGH to beat. Phoenix from the west over the kings hopefully. Now that would be a completely unexpected and unpredictable cup final, lol, Phoenix vs. New Jersey that is.

Reactions: FanOfGaming
As someone who's from Maryland (an area of extreme suckitude in the sports world), it would be great to see Washington actually succeed in something for once. Too bad the Caps have blown a few opportunities against the Rangers and probably won't take the series. But outside Washington, I'd probably root for L.A. the most of the remaining teams. Big fan of Kopitar/Doughty.

I think the caps can pull it off. They have a great team and holtby is Definitly doing his part to keep them in it. I'd like to see them in the final. As far as winning the cup that could be rather difficult with smith and quick in net for the west.
The west looks to be battle of the goalies with how those guys are playing.

It's down to a best-of-3 in the East after the Devils win game 4 :oohyeah:

In the West, LA still has a stranglehold on the series despite the Coyotes winning game 4

Who are you guys picking as the final 2?

LA vs. NYC is my pick... Although I want it to be PHX. vs. NJ.

Rangers just seem to have puck luck with them when they really need it as proven in those last two series'. This one being similar to those last two its hard to think Rangers won't win again even though I would much rather see NJ win. I would be absolutely delighted if NJ won. I could live with a NJ vs. LA final

IN all honestly though this is all just talk... talk in this years playoff's hasn't done anything for anyone, lol. You never know what will happen this year. PHX might come back and win the cup, lol. This is quite possibly one of the weirdest playoff's I have ever seen. Although I loved Tort's and DeBoer get into with it each other. Now you know the last 3 games are going to be deadly! Series took too long to heat up IMO. I thought the NJ/NYC rivalry was like the EDM/CAL rivalry... they hate each other! I was expecting more along the lines of PHI/PIT stuff but its been civil until that last game. I can't wait to see game 5 now.

Felt bad for the Coyotes after that game, would have liked to see them come back in the series

did you see that knee on knee crap from Brown... no call and bam series over. I thought that was complete BS garbage no call. Then ref's were whacked in that game. It should have been a 5 minute major and a game misconduct. Plus there should be a suspension review from Shanny for that. I mean a couple guys got 5 game suspensions in the season for that exact knee on knee's. And the guy that got hit was injured so there is that.

Just for that BS crap I hope whatever team comes out of the East destroys the Kings and Brown.