A Bittersweet Life (4K + Blu-ray Limited Edition) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

Release date: July 22, 2024
Purchase links: Second Sight - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £39.99

712tnWd-8qL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Special Features

• Dual format edition including both UHD and Blu-ray with main feature and bonus features on both discs
  • A new presentation featuring additional restoration work and UHD Dolby Vision grade by Second Sight Films
  • New scene specific audio commentary with Director Kim Jee-woon and film academic Areum Jeong
  • New audio commentary by Pierce Conran and James Marsh
  • Audio commentary with Director Kim Jee-woon and Actors Kim Young-chul and Lee Byung-hun
  • Audio commentary with Director Kim Jee-woon, Director of Photography Kim Ji-y and Set Designer Yoo Seong-hee
  • Making of A Bittersweet Life with optional commentaries
  • Archive featurettes: Art; Music; Sound; Action; Gun Smith; Special Art; Special Effects; CG; Tell Me Why; A Bittersweet Life in Cannes
  • Deleted and Alternate Scenes with optional commentary
  • Music Videos
  • Teaser, Trailer and TV Spot
Limited Edition Contents

• Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Michael Bolland
  • 120-page book with new essays by Dr Lindsay Hallam, Rich Johnson, Michael Leader, Daniel Martin and Alison Peirse
  • 6 collectors' art cards
Catalogue number: 2NDBR4220

Certificate: 18

Region: UHD Region Free / Blu-ray Region B

Language: Korean

Subtitles: English

Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1

Still expensive for a slip.
You can purchase standard amaray editions if you want cheaper option disc content is the same
As in separate 4K and Blu-ray releases these available to pre order from Second Sight/Amazon UK/Zavvi/HMV

4K UHD Standard Edition
£24.99

Blu-ray Standard Edition
£17.99

Their Limited Editions releases that included both 4K + Blu-ray most have been £39.99 or higher

Reactions: Fmac72
I guess this will have Director's cut only as that seems to be the one that has been released elsewhere.

Shame not to get both versions as I prefer the minor rejigging of scenes of the theatrical cut personally.

Good to finally see the UK get this awesome film released on HD.

Reactions: Jocelin
What a turnaround for this great film, years ago we only had the dvd and German blu ray, since then we got the novamedia slips, then a steelbook full slip now we get 4k. Definitely sticking in an order for this!

Found the tartan dvd in oxfam as a teenager while my dad was hunting for vinyls and I've loved this film ever since, hopefully we get more releases of great overlooked films like this.

What a turnaround for this great film, years ago we only had the dvd and German blu ray, since then we got the novamedia slips, then a steelbook full slip now we get 4k. Definitely sticking in an order for this!

Found the tartan dvd in oxfam as a teenager while my dad was hunting for vinyls and I've loved this film ever since, hopefully we get more releases of great overlooked films like this.
top 5 in my list...

this is also a really nice edition : YESASIA: Image Gallery - A Bittersweet Life (Blu-ray) (Director's Cut) (Coffee Book) (First Press Limited Edition) (Korea Version)