Possessor (4K + Blu-ray Limited Edition) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

Space Cadet

[ sexy wolfchild ]
BANNED
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Release date: March 18, 2024
Purchase links: Second Sight - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £39.99 (Second Sight - Amazon - HMV) - £40.99 (Zavvi)

6-UCiWPpkD4x.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Special Features

• Dual format edition including both UHD and Blu-ray with main feature and bonus features on both discs
  • UHD presented in Dolby Vision HDR approved by Director Brandon Cronenberg and Director of Photography Karim Hussain
  • New audio commentary by Brandon Cronenberg, Producer Rob Cotterill, Karim Hussain and Special Effects Artist Dan Martin
  • This Unfamiliar Life: a new interview with Brandon Cronenberg
  • Inside the Machine: a new interview with Karim Hussain
  • Feel the Real: a new interview with Rob Cotterill
  • Disassociating from Mind and Body: Zoë Rose Smith on Possessor
  • Camera Test Footage
  • FX Show and Tell with Dan Martin
  • Archive featurette: A Heightened World - A Look at Possessor
  • Archive featurette: Identity Crisis - Bringing Possessor to Life
  • Archive featurette: The Joy of Practical - The Effects of Possessor
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Short Film: Please Speak Continuously and Describe Your Experiences as They Come to You
  • Trailer
Limited Edition Contents
  • Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Marko Manev
  • 120-page book featuring extensive behind the scenes gallery, script-to-screen comparisons, new essays by Stacey Abbott, Anton Bitel, Jon Towlson and Heather Wixson
  • 6 collectors' art cards

Daaamn, SS are cranking out some gooood shhhhhiieeeeet! :cigar:
I just recently bought this in a German mediabook, if I'd known SS would be releasing it, I'd have waited and saved $25.

Reactions: TheWildEye
same here. Infinity Pool for me is 1/5. This one easily 3/5 if not 4/5. Really cool ideas and great execution.
Yep, the ideas seem more innovative in Possessor; the body horror more effective and subtle. I got a genuine ickiness from this film. A skin crawl. But in a healthy interesting way, not a puke inducing kind of way - if you know what I mean.

Reminded me a lot of 'Mandy' (the film, not the gear :rofl:) and how that made me feel - especially in the trippy sequences.

And I'm NOT a horror guy. I just like innovation in genres.
This definitely pushed that.

Reactions: sinusR2
Yep, the ideas seem more innovative in Possessor; the body horror more effective and subtle. I got a genuine ickiness from this film. A skin crawl. But in a healthy interesting way, not a puke inducing kind of way - if you know what I mean.

Reminded me a lot of 'Mandy' (the film, not the gear :rofl:) and how that made me feel - especially in the trippy sequences.

And I'm NOT a horror guy. I just like innovation in genres.
This definitely pushed that.
Possessor - apart from being a visually cool Sci-Fi movie with some really interesting superficial ideas - also made me think a bit afterwards and I always like that about normal stuff in life... Sure, it was quite indulgent with some of the violence, but I felt it still made sense in the context of the story.
Infinity Pool also had an interesting concept, but I think they made nothing interesting of it and instead doubled down on the indulgent part without much substance - it felt like those chose to try to shock for shock's sake and the story stayed extremely superficial and juvenile IMO - not much to think about there, I felt...

Not bad at all. Might consider it as I missed the German steel

tracked down that steel, and might use it instead of the digipack in this set, because the art ain't doing it for me.