A History of Violence (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 10th, 2015
Purchase links: A History of Violence (live)
Price: £15.99

11090759-9744288605811302.JPG

11117375-1004294026893943.JPG

11117375-1354294026868077.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
It just keeps getting worse. I've never seen such a lazy steel (using the same art on the inside as the outside) other than ones with no inside art. And black and white to boot. I'll wait for it to drop below $10.

Reactions: nefilim
I think with a nice gloss finish this will look the business (or at least better than the recent similar 'Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer').
Easily the best 'History of Violence' steelbook out there IMO.

I really like this movie and am considering getting this release. The people at Zavvi couldn't tell me what subtitles/alternative languages would be on it though

Just checked the back of my 2009 U.K. Blu-ray release and unfortunately/ridiculously the only language choice is English and the only subtitle choice is English too.

If you wish to upgrade your 2010 release Italian Blu-ray to the U.K. steelbook and expect Italian audio/subtitles you will be disappointed based on this information.

That doesn't necessarily mean that other audio/subtitle options are not available on the disc in the steelbook if a new disc is available and included but I'm sorry to say I don't have that information.

In my experience your chances are slim at best in getting a meaningful reply from Zavvi or The Hut on items they are selling.

Just checked the back of my 2009 U.K. Blu-ray release and unfortunately/ridiculously the only language choice is English and the only subtitle choice is English too.

If you wish to upgrade your 2010 release Italian Blu-ray to the U.K. steelbook and expect Italian audio/subtitles you will be disappointed based on this information.

That doesn't necessarily mean that other audio/subtitle options are not available on the disc in the steelbook if a new disc is available and included but I'm sorry to say I don't have that information.

In my experience your chances are slim at best in getting a meaningful reply from Zavvi or The Hut on items they are selling.
Thanks for your input, italian is not mandatory for me, rather a nice feature. What I really require is, alongside english as main audio, english subtitles. Those help me a lot understanding dialogues and plot. Additionally I prefer "normal" subtitles, i.e. not the ones for the hearing impaired because they have a lot of lines I don't really need. Anyway if there are normal english subs in this release I will likely buy it

Thanks for your input, italian is not mandatory for me, rather a nice feature. What I really require is, alongside english as main audio, english subtitles. Those help me a lot understanding dialogues and plot. Additionally I prefer "normal" subtitles, i.e. not the ones for the hearing impaired because they have a lot of lines I don't really need. Anyway if there are normal english subs in this release I will likely buy it

I'm sorry to say but it's just ENGLISH SDH according to the back of the Amaray release though I haven't watched it for a while to check if the menu has other options.
I'll check it out over the week-end and get back to you if different options are available.

Reactions: famagosta
what the heck is happening here, Dredd, Hugo and this one, all artworks appeared to be zoomed in and cropped from the mock-up, Dredd seemed to be ok from all 3 but Hugo and this one the title look to tight in the space ... whoever did the quality control should be fired...

Reactions: lolwut