*Was to be gloss, but studio decided not to release it that way

The Alien series:
Alien || Aliens || Alien 3 || Alien: Resurrection

aliens.jpg

aliensflat.jpg

aliensinside.jpg

aliensback.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit odd that FOX decided to go with number 2 before the original. Or are we to expect an announcement of #1 soon as well? Ultimately it's inevitable that we'll get all four of the Alien films, but you'd think they would at least have the decency to release them in order...

A bit pointless though if you ask me, and it's clear that these studios view SteelBooks as a cash-cow - We already have the Alien Anthology SteelBook, plus I'm guessing most people already own these films at least once / twice / three times on Blu-Ray. I would have preferred a DigiBook - You know, just for a change...

An excellent opportunity to use the glow-in-th-dark finish that has been rumoured for so long, although we should probably consider ourselves lucky that FOX bothered to make this gloss instead of matt, let alone wish for anything more premium than that. It's not as if the SteelBook medium is a premium product anymore! :rolleyes:

Also, an excellent chance to use this:

:alien:

Last edited:
Now they need to announce the Star Wars films in separate Steelbooks with poster art and glossy finishes. :scat:

I've had more chips from matte finished steels. I don't see how a glossy coat makes them more prone to chips (maybe scratches)... Logically you'd think that extra coat/layer would add to the protection.

That's my experience too. Matte chips, gloss scratches.

A bit odd that FOX decided to go with number 2 before the original. Or are we to expect an announcement of #1 soon as well? Ultimately it's inevitable that we'll get all four of the Alien films, but you'd think they would at least have the decency to release them in order...

nah mate, its jus zavvi plyin games :movie:

..they'll stagger announcements 4 the other movies like usual....:movie:

also... i bet they only went with gloss as a last minute thing to give this a fightin chance of sellin well ...not like everyone was cryin in the feedback thread 4 another repackaged alien release, hmm? :movie:

Now they need to announce the Star Wars films in separate Steelbooks with poster art and glossy finishes. :scat:

For as many times as Ive bought the Star Wars films Id still buy them again..and again...and again...

...As for the Alien series, as much as I like them, Im happy with my 'quadrilogy' (hate the title) dvd set for the films and the extras, and the 4 film Bluray steelbook for the films on Blu. How many releases has the Alien series had in the past year or two? its getting ridiculous

Having said that, its a nice enough looking steel...

As a side note, I first saw this Steelbook prototype at Amazon JP. The picture was very small so at first I thought it's an old DVD steelbook. But now this is out of the bag, it's likely Amazon JP will sell them too in the future.

sold out already?

no, I'm just joking. I'm definitely pre-ordering this one....and than eventually cancelling when it doesn't sell out.:p