Amazon.de Paramount Steelbooks Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
I thought I would post this group buy here in case there is any other interest.

I have over 93 positive feedbacks on high def digest and over 128 positive feedbacks on blu-ray.com

I've hosted many steelbook group buys before.

The following steelbooks have been ordered. According to Paramount in Germany - the ratings logo is a STICKER!

$22.74 for each steelbook + EXACT SHIPPING TO YOU.

No Country for old Men: http://www.amazon.de/Country-Old-limited-Steelbook-Blu-ray/dp/B003UERB6Y

Watchmen: http://www.amazon.de/Watchmen-limited-Steelbook-Edition-Blu-ray/dp/B003UERB8C

Tropic Thunder: http://www.amazon.de/Tropic-Thunder-limited-Steelbook-Blu-ray/dp/B003UERB82

Transformers:http://www.amazon.de/Transformers-limited-Steelbook-Edition-Blu-ray/dp/B003UERB7S

Collateral: http://www.amazon.de/Collateral-limited-Steelbook-Edition-Blu-ray/dp/B003UERB50

Cloverfield: http://www.amazon.de/Cloverfield-limited-Steelbook-Edition-Blu-ray/dp/B003UERB4Q

Event Horizon: http://www.amazon.de/Event-Horizon-limited-Steelbook-Blu-ray/dp/B003UERB6E

(The cost of War of the Worlds is a bit higher, at $25.73 before shipping)

War of the Worlds:http://www.amazon.de/Krieg-Welten-limited-Steelbook-Blu-ray/dp/B003UERB6O

How I determine cost -> exact steelbook cost + any fees (credit card currency fees, etc) + a small amount for me.

Normal rules apply - all members of the group buy assume a similar risk - if a steelbook comes in with a small ding, there's nothing I can do about that. However, I will use a random number generator to "pick" who gets any damaged copy.

There should be NOTHING that is majorly damaged - things usually arrive from amazon.de in fine shape.

If you have a trading score smaller than 5 - payment is required up front WHEN IT SHIPS, unless you have participated in a group buy with me before. I cannot be stuck with unclaimed copies.

STEELBOOK mail costs:
Mailing 1st Class USPS in a box - likely around $3.50 for one copy. Can do $5 Priority Mail (on the east coast) for two. EXACT shipping will be charged and I don't ship media mail for steelbooks. 1st class for 1 - otherwise it's priority mail.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Reserve list for Group buy -> steelbooks released on August 22, 2010.

No Country for old Men
1. bootsy (HDD)
2. GrilledCheez (HDD)
3. kaliraver (HDD)

Watchmen (all copies reserved!)
1. darczap (HDD)
2. BodyHauler (HDD)
3. GrilledCheez (HDD)

Tropic Thunder (all copies reserved!)
1. BodyHauler (HDD)
2. sierra03 (BR)
3. GrilledCheez (HDD)
4. kaliraver (HDD)
5. tsgee (BR)

Transformers
1. toxsic (HDD)
2. darczap (HDD)
3. zero (HDD)
4. robertee (BR)
5. sierra03 (BR)
6. GrilledCheez (HDD)
7. spunkyinc (BR)
8. blue23dragon4 (HDD)
9. bryan
10. kaliraver (HDD)
11. bane (HDD)
12. tsgee(BR)
13. colombianlove41 (HDD)
14. Bullet (BR)
15. Ultimate Hellspawn (HDD)

Collateral
1. bootsy (HDD)
2. BodyHauler (HDD)
3. GrilledCheez (HDD)
4. colombianlove41 (HDD)

Cloverfield (all copies reserved!)
1. darczap (HDD)
2. robertee (BR)
3. GrilledCheez (HDD)
4. bryan

Event Horizon
1. BodyHauler (HDD)
2. GrilledCheez (HDD)

(The cost of War of the Worlds is a bit higher, at $25.73 before shipping)

War of the Worlds (all reserved)
1. darczap (HDD)
2. zero (HDD)
3. pandemonium (HDD)
4. darkdaze73 (HDD)
5. GrilledCheez(HDD)

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Note that I will order more titles if there is additional demand, but cannot get the steelbooks at the 22.74 price - they will have to be requoted - would need at least 14 additional steelbook titles for another order.

Last edited:
Hmm I am tempted for a few of those, but I already have so many Amazon.de orders lol I'll have to think about it. Damn you Paramount! :p

Hmm I am tempted for a few of those, but I already have so many Amazon.de orders lol I'll have to think about it. Damn you Paramount! :p

The price on these really made it easy to order a few. Or more than a few. EEK!

Ive also been told by a person who has seen them printed off the line that they have sticker fsk logos as he said they arent printed on them so he just presumed they'd be sticker. I guess small possibility of plastic sleeve fsk slip cover but I doubt it. I asked about all in general not ALL as in typing out every title so dont hang me if one for some reason is printed.

ps. apsmith is trust worthy folks.

Ive also been told by a person who has seen them printed off the line that they have sticker fsk logos as he said they arent printed on them so he just presumed they'd be sticker. I guess small possibility of plastic sleeve fsk slip cover but I doubt it. I asked about all in general not ALL as in typing out every title so dont hang me if one for some reason is printed.

A german member of bluray-disc.de contacted Paramount representatives who stated exactly what you are saying - each of them will FSK stickers.

I'm hoping that's true, but I've learned to be a bit conservative with these things. :cool:

Yeah and then the gf will make you into a few pieces when you rips you apart :D

Personally speaking of course lol

Unfortunately both of my group buys for Zombieland and Saving Private Ryan arrived on the same day.

My wife was not impressed. :sniper:

A german member of bluray-disc.de contacted Paramount representatives who stated exactly what you are saying - each of them will FSK stickers.

I'm hoping that's true, but I've learned to be a bit conservative with these things. :cool:

Well one of the co-creators of Steelbook told me so I'd say its a safe bet. :D By the way he spoke, his office must not be far from where they are actually getting made as he said he saw them.

Well one of the co-creators of Steelbook told me so I'd say its a safe bet. :D By the way he spoke, his office must not be far from where they are actually getting made as he said he saw them.

Wouldn't that be nice? Oh, it's just my lunch break...let's just stroll over to the steelbook factory and see what's on the line today.... :oohyeah:

Hi All, I can vouch for Andy as well-he's helped me several times with some Steelbooks. He packs them well and is very responsive and honest. Good luck with the group buy & welcome!:)

Hi All, I can vouch for Andy as well-he's helped me several times with some Steelbooks. He packs them well and is very responsive and honest. Good luck with the group buy & welcome!:)

I've dealt with Andy for some time now. He's the best. Can't do enough for you. I'm glad he's here. And thats why this is my only forum. You are all just like him!:oohyeah:

Ok guys, i think i should be getting in on this group buying action!
Few Q's......
As a total noob to group buying whats the benefit instead of getting it from the retailer?
Can they be shipped to the UK?
And how is payment made?
Thanks in advance guys, only been on these forums a few days and i already love the sense of the family community and everyone helping each other.
Herby.

Ok guys, i think i should be getting in on this group buying action!
Few Q's......
As a total noob to group buying whats the benefit instead of getting it from the retailer?
Can they be shipped to the UK?
And how is payment made?
Thanks in advance guys, only been on these forums a few days and i already love the sense of the family community and everyone helping each other.
Herby.

Hi Herby!

I've sent you a PM that should answer most of your questions, and since you are in the UK, it probably won't work very well for you.

Basically folks are just saving on shipping and don't have to deal with the hassle of damaged items (which I rarely get) by ordering themselves.

It mostly benefits folks in the US or Canada that only want a couple of steelbooks.

I usually like to be paid via paypal, but can do amazon gift card - sometimes that works better for some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.