Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 26, 2024
Purchase links: Walmart - Amazon
Price: $26.98

71jqXL1+BpL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Not complaining, but it's unlike sony to randomly release a film without it coinciding with an anniversary. 2 years early for 25th!

There is no 4K releases in any country and no plans for a 4K release
I honestly wish that was the case with most titles, instead of fake, cash-grabs that either look as good on BD, or would if they released a new remaster on it, or are actually worse, color-ruined, like Training Day.
I don't want to buy everything a third time, or more like fifth, usually having a couple on each of the previous two formats already.

Hmmm. There were reports that the US theatrical re-release on Valentines day was a 4K restoration, and IMDB have a 2024 4K DI listed in the specs. Both will have come from somewhere...

Hmmm. There were reports that the US theatrical re-release on Valentines day was a 4K restoration, and IMDB have a 2024 4K DI listed in the specs. Both will have come from somewhere...
That info was incorrect

Cinema re-release was remastered at the native 2K, not 4K
The video interview I posted is about getting re-release in Cinemas on Valentines day
Interview was posted February 14 2024.
Jeunet also explains in the video why they couldn't remaster the film at 4K

Watch the video.

Reactions: samdavies
That info was incorrect

The video interview I posted is about getting re-release in Cinemas on Valentines day

Watch the video
I didn't understand what the director was saying. Some guy didn't pay something someone for something some 23 years ago so now there can't be a 4K scan? And he'd kill him, but he's dead already? What?
:facepalm:

That info was incorrect

Jeunet also explains in the video why they couldn't remaster the film at 4K

Watch the video.
I didn't really wana watch him babber on for 15mins in a heavy french accent tbh, so the paulnotes version works for me :rofl:

Is it the assumption that this blu-ray is the new 2K remaster?

I wouldn't have said it's native resolution was 2K either, given it was shot on super 35. Unless it was given a 2K DI back in 2001 (unusual for the time), he doesn't have original negatives etc...

Wonder if anyone knows.
Are we likely to get this design in the UK/EU? (I know we already had a release a while ago)
Is it Sony or Studio Canal?

It's Amélie not Amelie.

Paul, yes, you've been nitpicking with my posts. This is how director named the movie.

Amazon $31.99

:whistle::naughty:
Amélie is the French for Amelie

As this is a English language speaking web forum title is English
If you not noticed threads for the previous UK/Korea releases used Amelie

Walmart and Amazon US use English