Anime Anime: News, Purchases and Discussions

Grendel

Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
dark corner of your closet
1558292085515.png

Good Afternoon Folks:
@Wreck and @IRON MAN have given me permission to create a thread they will 'Sticky' within this sub-forum, so that we may discuss and announce, any anime materiel that may be deemed of interest.
As the title suggests, we'd love to hear about;
- your recent purchases (including great sales others would be interested in)
- any news on pre-orders or titles going OOP forthcoming, and
- of course your views and points of interest wrt titles old, new and hoped for!

Pictures are of course welcome, as are links to titles available for sale. All within the bounds of existing forum rules, of course.
*note: Trades and sales would not be appropriate here, as there is already a very healthy Trade Forum for all subjects.

I know there are some very knowledgeable anime fans at HDN and we very much look forward to seeing your posts!
(also, spread the word please).

As I am not a Moderator, please feel free to contact @IRON MAN with any issues you may have regarding this thread.

Thanks for stopping by!

Grendel

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Sampy ;
Dang, timing is everything buddy...
Parasyte the Maxim LEs have been on sale frequently at Sentai, RightStuf and even Amazon, to the point where S-1 is now sold out.

However, since you live in Europe anyway, Zavvi has the Blu-ray amarays for a decent price (17 quid ea.) and Amz.uk and A0L are both sold out, so I'd suggest jump on the Zavvi ones quick !

Link;

• Thanks
Reactions: Sampy
Good Morning @AlienKing ; :)

In a way I'm not surprised that the NA version of VE is so high on E-Bay as I think most folk believe that the NA version is the only one with English.
I've also ordered the UK ed (LE), from AtA and after viewing both, I'll send one or t'other to my girls or I dunno, just buy them the amaray and keep both since they don't care too much for collector 'naff, heh. :naughty:

It's certainly not the most action packed anime one could hope for but every damn frame is a painting and I find it just so gorgeous to look at, that Cardboard Saber (Violet) just sorta blends into the scenery, heh.
Similar (to a degree) to Ancient Magus Bride in that respect...
ymmv.

Good Morning @AlienKing ; :)

In a way I'm not surprised that the NA version of VE is so high on E-Bay as I think most folk believe that the NA version is the only one with English.
I've also ordered the UK ed (LE), from AtA and after viewing both, I'll send one or t'other to my girls or I dunno, just buy them the amaray and keep both since they don't care too much for collector 'naff, heh. :naughty:

It's certainly not the most action packed anime one could hope for but every damn frame is a painting and I find it just so gorgeous to look at, that Cardboard Saber (Violet) just sorta blends into the scenery, heh.
Similar (to a degree) to Ancient Magus Bride in that respect...
ymmv.
Good Afternoon :D

I dont think anyone should watch this expecting some action anime. At least i didnt. Liek you said, every frame is damn near close to a painting and just so beautiful to look at even if you dont like the anime.

Reactions: Grendel
I've not watched em either, was a blind buy tbh. Think the only difference is that the hmv version has a poster instead of a booklet, and it is £10 cheaper :thumbs:

Received the Wicked / Demon City LE a couple of days ago. Watched Wicked City, thought it was quite entertaining with some good scenes.

I've damaged the slipbox on multiple places when I tried to take off the paper cover... ☹

I thought, while I'm here, I'd take the opportunity to toss up some pics of some of my new acquisitions. :)

First up, for my beautiful Girls;

- K-On; set
- Bang Dream
- Mysteria Friends; (I'll watch 1st, if I like, I'll get the CE)
- Wakaba Girl
- Komugi R
- Taisho Baseball
- Food Wars; S-2 (I guess S-1 is awaiting restock)
- Princess Principal; (I have the CE and LOVE it!)
- Long Riders

1612398527859.png

Next, a few for my own collection ( though some will end up with my Girls);

- Chihayafuru; S-1, S-2
- Lupin III, The First; Steel
- Psycho Pass; S-2
- Millenium Actress; amaray ( awaiting AoL CE)
- Human Lost; film
- Noir; FINALLY!
- Panty & Stocking [with Garter Belt]; FINALLY!

1612398567510.png

Next: I received the Weathering With You CE from Kimchi today.
I purchased the Blue set that includes the OST on a separate disc.
(note: the outrider disc is a replacement disc, with the Home Video version, as the original pack comes with the Theatrical version)

Also received a gorgeous Poster with it, that I'll be sending to my Girls of course.
I included the AtA 4 disc CE in the pic just for ref;

1612398808505.png

Next:
- Weathering With You; AtA 4-disc spec ed (via Zavvi)
- Konosuba; S-1; AtA spec ed (via AoL)
- BoogiePop and Others; Funi, slipped!
- Vamp Hunter D: Bloodlust; AtA spec ed. (2nd copy, for my Girls)
- Kiznaiver; AtA (amaray, via AoL)

1612398913024.png

Also;
- Demon Slayer; Aniplex CE, S-1, Pts 1 + 2 (via RightStuf)

1612398975506.png

Finally;
Pic 1:
- God Eater; MVM, Pts 1+2
- Granblue Fantasy; MVM, Pts 1+2
- RIN; Funi Esntls
- Gosick; Funi Esntls, full series
- Nobunagun; Funi Esntls
- Hyouka; Funi Esntls

Pic 2:
- Demon Slayer; AtA Spec Ed, S-1, Pt-1
- King of Pigs; Plain Archive spec ed #03 (a long hunt for this).

1612399155523.png

1612399187024.png

It's a bit odd seeing AtA use the same art on their DS S-1,Pt-1 as Funi uses on their S-1,Pt-2. That's not confusing at all....

:happy:

Wonderful pick-ups @DudleyMan ! :thumbs:

I need to take a few new pics myself, heh.
Besides some Blus, I also just received;
- Berserk, Vol-7 (HC, Manga, Dark Horse), and
- Blade Of The Immortal Vol-2 (HC, Manga, Dark Horse)

I'm still awaiting "Hellsing" Vol-3 HC which sadly, is delayed until June '21.

I'll take some pics shortly of these and some new Blus as well.
Thanks very much for sharing! :happy:

Reactions: DudleyMan
Need to know, if anyone can help with info?
'Girls und Panzer: Das Finale' has been available on Amazon Germany website for about 18 months now.
Will this be coming to the UK anytime soon?
TIA :thanks:

Reactions: Grendel
I thought I'd take a moment to upload a pic of my latest treasure haul from the recent Sentai sale.
I ended up placing three orders (heh). this first batch is for my Girls;
Stand-outs include;

- Fruits Basket: S-2 Pt -2 CE
- Beyond The Boundary: Steel
- Land of the Lustrous: amaray
- Non Non Biyori: Full set + Film
- Ef; A Tale of Melodies & Memories: amaray set
- Mitsuboshi Colors: amaray
- many more, heh

1617761418744.jpeg

:happy:

Two more deliveries in the pipe (some, even for me!)

Good Afternoon My Friends; :)
Some of you may already be aware of this news, but I feel it's worth mentioning in our esteemed Anime Thread.

GoodSmile is releasing an extraordinary Figure of one of my most beloved characters;

Ghost in the Shell: Major Motoko Kusanagi​

In addition to direct purchase, it is available for pre-order at both RightStuf and TOM.

Not for the faint of heart at ~$1K Usd, with the exceptional detail put into the tubing, machinery and of course the body itself, I can appreciate this cost far more to make than a standard figure.
It's 1/4 scale and with Motoko kneeling, that puts her at about 11inches (275mm) in height.
So, without further ado;

GoodSmile Link:

Pic:

1618084633143.png

There is an excellent chance I'm jumping on this. :happy:
Cheers!

Pic of the Blu-Ray Box set cover:

1618084891771.png

Need to know, if anyone can help with info?
'Girls und Panzer: Das Finale' has been available on Amazon Germany website for about 18 months now.
Will this be coming to the UK anytime soon?
TIA :thanks:

I've checked both Zavvi and Amz.uk a couple times @Scraggy (as I'm sure you have) but no info so far.
I do hope they do of course. :)
I suppose all we can do is wait it out. :watch:

Funny you 2 should mention Panzer Girls, I've never seen any of them but picked up this edition in the Nova sale, purely just liked the look of it, don't even think there's any english on there, are they worth getting then?
Absolutely loving My Hero Academia, signed up for Funimation purely for AoT S4 (which btw is amazing, so glad they've decided to extend the final season :)), and just burnt through 4 seasons of MHA, OVA's and Movies. Can't wait for Season 5 now!!
Also picked up Demon Slayer S1P1, saw it on Amazon Italy for like €15 so had to grab it, need to find Part 2 now, looking forward to the upcoming dub of the movie :D
20210412_154659.jpg

Funny you 2 should mention Panzer Girls, I've never seen any of them but picked up this edition in the Nova sale, purely just liked the look of it, don't even think there's any english on there, are they worth getting then?
Absolutely loving My Hero Academia, signed up for Funimation purely for AoT S4 (which btw is amazing, so glad they've decided to extend the final season :)), and just burnt through 4 seasons of MHA, OVA's and Movies. Can't wait for Season 5 now!!
Also picked up Demon Slayer S1P1, saw it on Amazon Italy for like €15 so had to grab it, need to find Part 2 now, looking forward to the upcoming dub of the movie :D
Looks awesome.
I've found Anime to be quite polarizing - you can love one title, hate the next, so I don't like to recommend something out of hand.
Series about a girl's school, set on an aircraft carrier, where one elective subject is 'Tankery' (Flower arranging is another option)....
It happens to contain a subject I'm fond of, so that was my 'in' to this.
If you're not sure, check out clips, or episodes online.
That Nova edition is to die for, but for the probable lack of Eng. dub/subs.
Thanks for sharing :thanks:

Looks awesome.
I've found Anime to be quite polarizing - you can love one title, hate the next, so I don't like to recommend something out of hand.
Series about a girl's school, set on an aircraft carrier, where one elective subject is 'Tankery' (Flower arranging is another option)....
It happens to contain a subject I'm fond of, so that was my 'in' to this.
If you're not sure, check out clips, or episodes online.
That Nova edition is to die for, but for the probable lack of Eng. dub/subs.
Thanks for sharing :thanks:

Thanks for the info, will try check out a bit of it before buying if I can then.

Just seen this 2 for £25 offer on Zavvi, quite a bit of Anime in there, some even priced £28.99 for one!
2 for £25

Managed to pick up the last 2 MHA needed till S4P2 drops June :thumbs:
zavvi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Afternoon My Friends: :)

I received my 2nd order from Sentai and it contains some pretty cool editions of some much beloved shows.
The big haul was for my Girls (of course, heh) but I managed to get some lovely eds for myself as well.
I have one more order coming from them, courtesy of the huge Spring sale.
Anyway, here's the 1st batch (for my Sweeties) :emb:

- Strawberry Marshmallow (x2): Sentai, amaray, Series + OVAs, (cute girls doing cute things, all day, every day)
- Violet Evergarden: Funi, amaray, Series + Film (Eternity Doll) (every single frame is a painting, gorgeous) [I have the Funi LE and AtA LE]
- Gugure! Kokkuri-San: Sentai, amaray. (Girl summons a ghost guardian to protect her)
- Gourmet Girl: Sentai, dvd, Series. (Girl gathers some close friends to form a cooking club. Very cute!)
- Celestial Method: Sentai, amaray, Series. (Girl meets an alien from a flying saucer, enlists its aid to battle bad guys)
- Cinderella Nine: Sentai, amaray, Series. (Girls form a school baseball team)
- Grimoire Of Zero: Sentai, amaray, Series. (Cute Witch gets help from a Sentient Tiger battling bad guys. He's more than he seems though)
- Majestic Prince: Sentai, amaray, Series. (High School Kids {Da!) train to pilot giant robots in space to battle bad guys)
- Girlish Number: Sentai, amaray, Series. (Girl wants to become an Anime Voice Actress but needs a better Manager to land gigs. Funny!)
- Gatchaman Crowds/Insight: Sentai, amaray, 2 Series'. (Superpower Kids battle Aliens, heavy drama)
- Fantasista Doll: Sentai, amaray, Series. (Girl summons magic girls from special cards to fight eeevviiill !)
- Nurse Witch Komugi R: Sentai, amaray, Series. (Girl gains magical powers and becomes a Witch, and a Nurse and a friend to many...awhhh!)

1618945160134.png