Anime Anime: News, Purchases and Discussions

Grendel

Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
dark corner of your closet
1558292085515.png

Good Afternoon Folks:
@Wreck and @IRON MAN have given me permission to create a thread they will 'Sticky' within this sub-forum, so that we may discuss and announce, any anime materiel that may be deemed of interest.
As the title suggests, we'd love to hear about;
- your recent purchases (including great sales others would be interested in)
- any news on pre-orders or titles going OOP forthcoming, and
- of course your views and points of interest wrt titles old, new and hoped for!

Pictures are of course welcome, as are links to titles available for sale. All within the bounds of existing forum rules, of course.
*note: Trades and sales would not be appropriate here, as there is already a very healthy Trade Forum for all subjects.

I know there are some very knowledgeable anime fans at HDN and we very much look forward to seeing your posts!
(also, spread the word please).

As I am not a Moderator, please feel free to contact @IRON MAN with any issues you may have regarding this thread.

Thanks for stopping by!

Grendel

Last edited by a moderator:
And a few for me; :)

- Clannad + After Story: Sentai, amaray, (I may still get the Steel and send this to my Girls)
- Konosuba: S-2, CE, AtA ed. (one of the funniest Isekai out there, LOVE this incredible series!)
- Release The Spyce: Sentai, CE. (Cute Girls with swords vs spies. Spies don't stand a chance!)
- Vatican Miracle Examiner: Sentai, amaray. (Priests travel world and battle demons. Very cool)
- Monster Musume (Girls): S-1, Sentai, PET Slipped Steel [gorgeous!] (Guy gets a harem of Monster girls, all jealous of each other, very cute)
- Beyond The Boundary: Sentai, Slipped Steel [huge amount of extras] (cute girls vs monsters, goes bad for monsters) {I have the amarays coming for my Girls}
- Hakuoki: Films 1 & 2, Sentai, amarays. Medieval Samurai wars. (I need to track down the OVAs)

1618945269950.png

Good Afternoon my Anime loving friends! :)

I thought I'd take a hot moment and post a pic of my recent box of treasures from AllTheAnime [AtA] (UK);
Listing:
- Violet Evergarden: Series, AtA spec ed Box ( I have the Funi spec ed)
- Miss Hokusai: Film, AtA spec ed Wood Box
- Planetes: Series, AtA spec ed Box
- Re:Zero: Series, S-1, AtA spec ed Box (I have the Funi stnd rel)

1619901321210.jpeg

:cigar:

(I'm still awaiting my 3rd box from Sentai, which has been trapped in Canada Custons for 2+ weeks now, Hope to see it soon!)

Hi Folks; :)

Very happy to relate that my 3rd box from Sentai finally showed.
Amazingly, there was no Customs Bill attached.
Thank-goodness for small blessings, as this was a pricey box.

First Listing:

- Joshiraku
- Hamatora (S-1 & 2)
- Classicaloid
- Unlimited Psychic Squad
- Beyond The Boundary (Series and Films) [for my Girls, I have the all inclusive Steel]
- Time Bokan: Royal Festival

1620589466595.png

:happy:

2nd Listing:

- Mr Tonegawa: Middle Management Blues (
gotta get Kaiji now, heh)
- Mysteria Friends: (CE)
I'll send the stnd amaray to my Girls now
- Venus Wars: (CE) gorgeous!
- Magical Girl Raising Project:
(I have not watched yet but I've heard it gets pretty dark)
- Ajin: (OVAs)
- Moribito: (
very happy to get this release!)
- The Big O: (
happy to finally jump on this)
- Rozen Maiden; Zuruckspulen (2013)

1620589540879.png

I looked over their "Mother's Day" sale taking place over this week-end and my wallet is sighing in relief as no titles leap out at me.
Mind the respite didn't last long, as I just paid visit to Zavvi....:naughty:

A very sad day in the Manga and hence, the Anime industry; :sorry:

1621529029746.png

My collection of the Berserk Deluxe eds and the incredible Animes they produced, have always have a place of pride in my library, quite more so now.
Rest, with knowledge your profound work will last through the ages, Kentaro Miura. Thank-you so much. :thanks:

• Friendly
Reactions: DudleyMan and Sampy
Does anyone know if The Guyver series is available on Blu-ray? used to own the whole collection years back on VHS and would love to be able to get them back :D

Does anyone know if The Guyver series is available on Blu-ray? used to own the whole collection years back on VHS and would love to be able to get them back :D
Here is link to it (they do ship internationally as well.):

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Robles and Grendel
Wow!!! That is gorgeous @EvilMokey91 :woot:

I'll be the first to admit, one of the attracting features I find in Anime is the jaw-droppingly sexy gals many shows provide (and I don't mean the Hentai knock-offs, heh).
KlK's show artwork isn't the sexiest but renditions like the one above most certainly are!
I do hope this has been provided a place of prominence in your display area my friend.
TYVM for sharing! :thanks:

Reactions: EvilMokey91
It's been a bit of a stretch since I provided some new pics I think, so;

- Violet Evergarden (series); AtA spec ed
- Violet Evergarden (Film); AtA spec ed ( I have the Funi NA amaray as well)
- Violet Evergarden (series); Funi (NA) spec ed
- Spirited Away; Steel
- Vamp D (series); Steel (for my Girls, I already have it. That art is frameable level beautiful) [ I bought Amano's artbook of collected works a while back for that reason]
- Hyoukai (series); S-1 & 2 amaray (sent the full pkg ed to my Girls)
- Perfect Blue (film); (NA) Steel. ( I like the blue one released in France with the lovely border also)

1633026673738.jpeg

Wow!!! That is gorgeous @EvilMokey91 :woot:

I'll be the first to admit, one of the attracting features I find in Anime is the jaw-droppingly sexy gals many shows provide (and I don't mean the Hentai knock-offs, heh).
KlK's show artwork isn't the sexiest but renditions like the one above most certainly are!
I do hope this has been provided a place of prominence in your display area my friend.
TYVM for sharing! :thanks:
What @Grendel said:whistle:

Reactions: EvilMokey91