USA
Release date: November 30th, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

1.jpg

Art TBC
antman.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree with this. Some will like it, some won't. I find it quite amusing that because you hold such a strong view that the rest will follow this universal belief that it has to be bad.

It could be better but it could also be worse, I'm looking forward to seeing it in hand before making a decision.
I'm not looking for anyone to "follow my view". I am simply calling a spade a spade. It is a terrible design.
Hell, over half of the cover's real-estate is plain, blank metal steelbook.

I'm not looking for anyone to "follow my view". I am simply calling a spade a spade. It is a terrible design.
Hell, over half of the cover's real-estate is plain, blank metal steelbook.
Fully agree with @C.C. 95... That is one ugly, boring, underwhelming Steelbook :facepalm::facepalm: Such pitiful use of any so called "artwork" (if you can even call it that). :vomit::vomit::vomit::yuck::yuck::yuck:

Was happy to have secured a copy on pre-order but now in doubt if this truly is the finalised artwork... :bag:

Reactions: Flloydo and C.C. 95
Once Zavvi announces it (and they will) I would save your time venting your anger on here and post it on their Facebook status where they'll actually see it....not to mention other people will aswell which least then has a chance to start off a "Domino Effect", you speak out, another person speaks out, another person sees both your posts and they speak out....and so on and on.

Sure...nothing can be done, this thing is coming like a freight train whether we like it or not but maybe, just maybe Zavvi might start to do an alternative version of it later on like they have with Avengers, Captain America, Iron Man etc. I'm sure we'd all kill for a good looking Guardians Steelbook and hopefully a better Ant Man one.

Something good might come out of it who knows but I think it's better to direct your well written opinions on the horrible steelbook to Zavvi directly....someone should post on here as soon as they see Zavvi put it on their Facebook page. They were quite taken aback after they showed off the Guardians Steelbook on their page

Holding off judgement till we get the ahem "Beauty Shot".
Regardless I'm a marvel fanboy so will buy it, I just can't help myself.

I disagree with this. Some will like it, some won't. I find it quite amusing that because you hold such a strong view that the rest will follow this universal belief that it has to be bad.

It could be better but it could also be worse, I'm looking forward to seeing it in hand before making a decision.

Please explain how it could be worse?

I don't know why the hate from everyone. Remember when the original HMV Thor steel came out, it was bland as hell and had a poorly photos hopped backing to it now it's considered a grail.

I for one liked the Guardians Steelbook and considered selling it a few months back, once I picked it up again though I remembered how unique it was and decided to keep.

We're always gonna have the hmv/zavvi/play steels and we're always gonna get the nova and blufans treatments, to be a collector isn't to have the best versions, it's to have them all

Definitely in the minority here, but I really dont mind this. The brushed metal effect could look quite nice. Then again I keep all my Marvel steelbooks sealed, so it is less of an issue for me. Certainly keeping my pre-order.

Just wish they'd do something with that spine, would much prefer to have Ant-Man busting out on the side so it stands out on the shelf.

Last edited:
Can I hook up this to my computer I need a 1TB SSD :LOL::rofl:

I like the design itself but it is wrong for the film as a steelbook in my opinion
The design is cool but looks all wrong for the film itself
It's not what I expected for this film it's not screaming at me it's to do with Ant-Man Film
They could have used lot of films posters artwork or design based on one
Not sure what they were thinking when they designed this

Reactions: dfoles and luke98
Wow, they've outdone themselves this time. What could be better than some heads on the spine, the side view of a hard drive of course! I always pre-order these in case the art turns out ok but it never does these days. Few quid saved I guess.