AUDIO: English 5.1 DTS-HD MA
SUBTITLES: English SDH
1997 / Color
138 MINUTES
Rated: PG-13
REGION FREE
Limited Edition of 3,000 Units
Special Features: Isolated Score Track / Original Theatrical Trailer

Enjoy the extensive Julie Kirgo liner notes and film art packaged with the Blu-ray disc.

“Funny, painful, beautiful, and basically truthful—a triumph for everyone involved.” —Jonathan Rosenbaum, Chicago Reader

“Nobody does a better job of backing characters into happiness than Brooks…shows off Brooks’s gift for the right-on zinger and his sweet, rueful way of enjoying his characters’ stubborn tics.” —Janet Maslin, The New York Times

Writer/director James L. Brooks (Terms of Endearment, Broadcast News) gifts us with the tale of three misfit New Yorkers—foul-tempered obsessive-compulsive novelist Melvin (Jack Nicholson), hard-pressed single mother/waitress Carol (Helen Hunt), and sensitive gay artist Simon (Greg Kinnear)—who form an unlikely triumvirate that is strangely greater than the sum of its parts. Nicholson and Hunt won Oscars™ for their superb performances in the film, also nominated for Best Picture.

Bonus: FREE magnet included with the first 1,000 copies sold exclusively through ScreenArchives.com

This is a great film. I bought it day 1 even though I didn't see it being worthy of $30. Still though, worth it in the end because it probably won't see any more Blu-ray releases after this.

Not really familiar with this company, but I see they have a bunch of limited releases. Anyone with more familiarity with them?

Do you know if it's only limited or numbered too ?

Yes... all Twilight Time releases are limited to a run of 3000.

Not really familiar with this company, but I see they have a bunch of limited releases. Anyone with more familiarity with them?

Twilight Time's films are only available at Screen Archives. Most are $29.99 each plus shipping, so they're definitely not very cheap. That said, they have a nice, varied selection of films to choose from and they're the only ones producing them at this time. 2013 is supposed to be a good year for Twilight Time with one of their major releases being Christine.