Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: May 15, 2017
Purchase link: Assassin's Creed (live)
Price: £24.99

C1_E6y5_NWIAA1bn_A.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Spielberg once said superhero and fantasy films will die down by 2020.
Yes it will happen public end up getting tired of same type format of the reboots
It works well at the start and later ones but later start to fade in interest until something new and fresh gets more popular you might though still get a release that combines mix of both same format with a fresh approach.

Marvel/Disney will though continue until the box office shows slowdown as all they care about is the profit they make on each film as long as they keep making a profit they will continue
I can see though Warner DC Universe reboots not have the same long term success marvel had got with Marvel Universe

80's had a slowdown with superhero and fantasy films but the ones in 2000's did well because they simply did them lot better

Don't mind the art and do want to watch the film at some point but I'm no rush and not at the top of my list.
I have faith this will stick around and drop to half the price so I'll wait it out

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad
Original poster for the front from a design by BLT COMMUNICATIONS with photography by the well-respected and prolific FRANK OCKENFELS although I prefer the double profile shot from the same team for the front of the steel :-

. . . with either of these on the back:-

My son's favourite video game so will definitely be getting this at some point.
............................................................................................................................................................
Film steelbook, whatever the design / finish, will not be in the same league (IMO) as some of the Assassin's Creed game steelbooks out there:-
II
V

Last edited:
Will wait on a slipped version, pass on this. Its Fox so Kimchi and FA are bound to do a much better version "Yes slips and extras = superior version"

Love the games and had high hopes for the film, but recent reviews aren't giving me much hope... obviously I'll see it and judge for myself though. I also have a feeling the current artwork is just temp, so I'm not getting my hopes up for that either.

Just got back from watching this. The trailers looked awesome, because they focus on the scenes in 1492 Spain. Those scenes are amazing and the action is some of the best. The rest of the movie, however, is quite boring and droll and lifeless. I will buy this movie simply for those few action scenes, that's how good they were. But I think I will wait for a price drop. I didn't see it in 3D and I think that 3D would only be useful for those few action scenes.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: neo
I was happy to see many elements from the video games turning into real life, which I think is the main purpose of a video game adaption.
I don't know what people were expecting, but I find it entertaining. And it's much more true to the source than i.e. Resident Evil.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
I would never trust RT (or any other review aggregator websites). Unless every single movie that you loved got excellent ratings, then your type is aligned with the critics. I find less than 50% of the time the "critics" reviews agree with mine. Some of my favorite movies dont have high ratings on it.

Can you blame them? Interest for this franchise is so low. This movie came out at the wrong time for many reasons. First, who decided it would be a good idea to go against Star Wars? Secondly, they've milked the video games to death by turning it to an annual release. Most people would rather just watch it at home (once it hits netflix or something). I think it's safe to say we wont be seeing any sequels. At least not from them. Or may be a direct-to-video release.

^I read somewhere that this is the first of three ASSASSIN'S CREED films and that Michael Fassbender is on board for all three.

The coolest poster for the back of the steelbook - IF the front artwork is confirmed - has got to be this one:-

. . . with Fassbender's stunt double, Damien Walters, captured in the midst of the famous 125 foot "Leap of Faith" freefall which was reported by The Independent newspaper in August of last year as "one of the highest freefalls performed by a stuntman in almost 35 years".

• Thanks
Reactions: harry