Austin Comic con 2013 (Wizard World)

Oct 22, 2011
wizardworld_2272_615138

http://www.wizardworld.com/home-tx.html

Another WW at a end! Make sure you check out blumasters and rosearts pics from the show and the stuff they got.

Current Guest
AUTOGRAPH PRICES
Amy Dumas Autograph — $25.00
BELLA TWINS — Nikki & Brie Bella DUAL Autograph – $50.00
Brie Bella Autograph – $30.00
Bruce Campbell Autograph — $40.00
Chandler Riggs Autograph — $TBD
Erica Durance Autograph — $30.00
Giancarlo Esposito Autograph — $30.00
Ian Ziering Autograph — $30.00
James Hong Autograph — $30.00
James Marsters Autograph — $40.00
Jason David Frank Autograph — $30.00
Jewel Staite Autograph – $40.00
John Cena Autograph — $60.00
Jon Bernthal Autograph — $30.00
Kelly Hu Autograph — $30.00
Laurie Holden Autograph — $40.00
Michael Rooker Autograph — $40.00
Nikki Bella Autograph – $30.00
Norman Reedus Autograph — $40.00
Ralph Macchio Autograph — $35.00 (with Combo Photo Op at Table Only $60.00)
Robert Rodriguez Autograph — $40.00 **ALL PROCEEDS DONATED TO FRANK FRAZETTA MUSEUM**
Sara Underwood Autograph — $20.00; $40.00 for Premium Items
Sarah Wayne Callies Autograph — $30.00
Scott Bakula Autograph — $75.00
Sean Patrick Flanery Autograph — $30.00
Spencer Locke Autograph — $30.00
Stan Lee Autograph (Saturday) — $60.00 8"x10" Photo; $80 Premium Item (Everything Else)
William Shatner Autograph — $75.00

Last edited:
Sarah Wayne Callies has been confirmed to be at Austin. I'm really hoping Scott Wilson or at least one more additional TWD cast member will sign on.

Wow, never new that the autographs are this expensive, and if possible i would like the BELLA TWINS first class international delivery please :D

2 weeks away!

Wow, never new that the autographs are this expensive, and if possible i would like the BELLA TWINS first class international delivery please :D

I've been trying to put together a budget and with the number of signatures I want, it has become quite expensive, especially when you throw in Stan's new price. But on the other hand, I do think $40 for Robert Rodriguez's signature is a bargain.

I think I might just skip getting Stan's signature. I'd love to have him sign my copy of Captain America, which is already signed & inscribed by Joe Johnston, so it'd look really kick ass, but a giant line and $80 for one signature is really expensive.

Reactions: Xavier
Getting pretty close now. Xavier has told me that in his experience Friday's are a bit slower than the rest of the weekend. Both Stan Lee & Laurie Holden are signing on Friday, so I'm really hoping that their lines will be a bit shorter than usual.

Reactions: Xavier
Getting pretty close now. Xavier has told me that in his experience Friday's are a bit slower than the rest of the weekend. Both Stan Lee & Laurie Holden are signing on Friday, so I'm really hoping that their lines will be a bit shorter than usual.

I wish you the Best bud and hope you have a blast! I saw the will be showing the doctor who special and im VERY jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Austin is big but im still betting the Friday night will be slower. I still cant believe all the people I got to see. The things with sat and sunday are They are out with kids and sundays is usually kids day so they get in free.

ALSO be prepared to be around people complaining how people should cover up and dress more modest :hilarious::D

WW for me has been one of those highlights of my life. and im looking at trying to hit 3-4 next year :hilarious:

Wow, Day 1 was pretty fun. I didn't think I'd be able to get Stan's signature, but I was in and out of his line in less than 45 minutes. Was pretty odd being in the presence of royalty. And he did speak to me, which was cool.

Met Michael Rooker and got a pic snapped with him, but than accidentally deleted it off my camera when I went to take pics of today's haul. :(

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

and than I traded my Walking Dead comics for this print....
picture.php

....and a commissioned piece. I chose The Running Man. We'll see what he, Eroll See, does with it come Sunday. :)

All in all it was a super expensive day, but I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Lots of awesome people to see, lots of artists with some cool work.

Kelly Hu & Spencer Locke look amazingly hot in person.

Last edited:
Day 2 is in the books and it was even better. Was able to get signatures from Sarah Callies, Chandler Riggs, Robert Rodriguez, and also Bruce, plus my photo op with him. Checked out the Frank Frazetta museum, which was p amazing. Than met roseart, which was cool.

But the best part of the show for me had to be the panels. Decided on a whim to check out the Bakula/Shatner panel. Shatner was kind of a dick in some of his responses, but Bakula seemed like a genuinely good guy. Than I sat in on the Robert Rodriguez panel which was really cool. The absolute highlight of the day came with the Bruce Campbell "Q&A". It wasn't so much of a Q&A than it was Bruce absolutely tearing into people. He even insulted me. It was so hilarious.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Bakula & Shatner....
picture.php

Harry Knowles & Robert Rodriguez (I had a pic of Harry & I, but must've accidentally deleted it)....
picture.php

Bruce Campbell ripping into someone...
picture.php

the Cosplay Contest waiting room....
picture.php

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Bruce Campbell signature...
picture.php

Robert Rodriguez, who was so impressed with the edition I brought for him to sign he signed it twice. He had never seen one before today....
picture.php

Day 2 is in the books and it was even better. Was able to get signatures from Sarah Callies, Chandler Riggs, Robert Rodriguez, and also Bruce, plus my photo op with him. Checked out the Frank Frazetta museum, which was p amazing. Than met roseart, which was cool.

But the best part of the show for me had to be the panels. Decided on a whim to check out the Bakula/Shatner panel. Shatner was kind of a dick in some of his responses, but Bakula seemed like a genuinely good guy. Than I sat in on the Robert Rodriguez panel which was really cool. The absolute highlight of the day came with the Bruce Campbell "Q&A". It wasn't so much of a Q&A than it was Bruce absolutely tearing into people. He even insulted me. It was so hilarious.
---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------
Bakula & Shatner....
picture.php

Harry Knowles & Robert Rodriguez (I had a pic of Harry & I, but must've accidentally deleted it)....
picture.php

Bruce Campbell ripping into someone...
picture.php

the Cosplay Contest waiting room....
picture.php

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Bruce Campbell signature...
picture.php

Robert Rodriguez, who was so impressed with the edition I brought for him to sign he signed it twice. He had never seen one before today....
picture.php

Im pretty jealous right now! You got some nice stuff !!!!!!That .... so when you planning your next WW convention :naughty::D:hilarious:

The Frazetta museum was pretty neat im betting its the same set up from chicago. And 2 signatures EEK! thats just AWESOME!

Reactions: blumaster
yeah, I'm already planning my next WW Con, St. Louis in April. I'd love to go the New Orleans Con, but that's just too far.

I'm dedicating Sunday to trying to get Norman Reedus' signature. With the way his line was today, I figure there's no way it could be like that tomorrow. I mean, I thought Stan's line was big, Reedus' line stretched like half way across the convention center.

My camera deleted a bunch of pics I took today. I had one where John Cena was "waiting in line" for a photo op with Bruce. Was pretty funny, but now it's just a memory.

@ ocielz, Kelly is soooo, soooo hot in person, but I'm skipping some of the "smaller" actors in favor of TWD & Stan Lee. I didn't expect to be able to get Stan's sig, but when I was able to, I splurged for 2. I figured Kelly Hu, Spencer Locke, & Sara Underwood will be at these Cons for a while. Stan is 90.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocielz

picture.php

Really nice meeting you blumaster. :thumbs:

Funny, this was the first time RR had ever seen the Japanese set and he saw 2 in 1 day. Both from :hidefninja:s!

DSCN4843.JPG

Checkout the shirt I am wearing. :naughty:

DSCN4808.JPG

And, of course another one RR had never seen before:

DSCN4841.JPG

Big thanks to blumaster for trying for the Bruce Campbell auto for me with your VIP access while I was waiting on RR to arrive. :thumbs: I was finally able to get it and even got him to add a quote from the film despite his hackies telling me I couldn't. :p

DSCN4826.JPG

And, who better to sign this awesome print, but Carl. :thumbs:

DSCN4832.JPG

And, a huge shout out to Mr. Rodriguez for what he is doing for the Frank Frazetta estate. He made the museum for the ACC happen and is raising money to hopefully open a permanent FF museum here in Austin. All proceeds from his autographs and prints of some of FF's best work go to this effort. I got to talk to one of Frazetta's daughters for a little while and she is excited and grateful for what he is trying to do for the estate. He is actually holding onto quite a bit of Frazetta's originals and he is the proud owner of the Conan original. EEK!

RR rented a super high-end camera and took pictures of some of the originals and then turned them into prints to help raise some of the funds for the project. The limited edition (100 of each) giclees were $150 each and I had no problem paying that for a good cause and one of the best prints now in my collection. :LOL:

DSCN4834.JPG

DSCN4835.JPG

DSCN4838.JPG

:movie:​

Last edited by a moderator:
Some very nice pick ups :scat::scat::scat:

Did you go all 3 days?
And, some cosplay from ACC yesterday.

View attachment 53359
Excuse me mam, have you seen my son?

View attachment 53360
Daddy? Anyone seen my dad?

View attachment 53362
“RRRAARRWHHGWWR”

View attachment 53363

View attachment 53364
Still trying to decide which one looks better and more thought out? Hmm.

View attachment 53365

PlayStation, here I come! EEK!

:movie:​

You mean Xbox :hilarious: :p:D Ive noticed more and more females dress as a altered Master chief.

Last edited by a moderator:
ACC Swag!
picture.php

excluding Tim Doyle's booth, screenprinted art was a pretty rare sight at the Con. I had to show my support by purchasing this piece, which I thought is pretty cool. "They're Coming To Get You" by Paul Hanley...
picture.php

Neal Adams signed giclee, going on my wall when I get home...
picture.php

Bruce swag...
picture.php

the commission I traded my Walking Dead variant for, "The Running Man" by Eroll See...
picture.php

(and if anyone was wondering, the T-800 came from pencil artist Tracey Watkins; www.sketchingtime.com)

and my Englert "This is my farm.." Night variant signed by Michael Rooker, Laurie Holden, Chandler Riggs, and Sarah Wayne Callies.
picture.php

by the time I arrived to the Con today, staff had cut off Reedus' line. Was pretty sad, but that did give me the opportunity to attend Giancarlo Esposito's Q&A which was great. Giancarlo seems like such a genuine and positive person. Was a real treat to attend his panel.

All in all, my first Con was so much better than expected. I mean, I thought it was going to be fun, don't get me wrong, but I didn't even bother with going to do the extracurricular Austin stuff I was planning on; Mondo Gallery, Poster Cabaret, Franklin BBQ. The celebrities, the artists, the cosplayers, I had an absolute fantastic time.

Last edited:
I'm PS4Life, but if Xbox has the monopoly on this then I will think about reconsidering. :p
ok ok.:p I wonder what she made her halo suit out of since its not a full piece set but altered "female" version. You should have asked to get a pic with her!
ACC Swag!
picture.php

excluding Tim Doyle's booth, screenprinted art was a pretty rare sight at the Con. I had to show my support by purchasing this piece, which I thought is pretty cool. "They're Coming To Get You" by Paul Hanley...
picture.php

Neal Adams signed giclee, going on my wall when I get home...
picture.php

Bruce swag...
picture.php

the commission I traded my Walking Dead variant for, "The Running Man" by Eroll See...
picture.php

(and if anyone was wondering, the T-800 came from pencil artist Tracey Watkins; www.sketchingtime.com)

and my Englert "This is my farm.." Night variant signed by Michael Rooker, Laurie Holden, Chandler Riggs, and Sarah Wayne Callies.
picture.php

by the time I arrived to the Con today, staff had cut off Reedus' line. Was pretty sad, but that did give me the opportunity to attend Giancarlo Esposito's Q&A which was great. Giancarlo seems like such a genuine and positive person. Was a real treat to attend his panel.

All in all, my first Con was so much better than expected. I mean, I thought it was going to be fun, don't get me wrong, but I didn't even bother with going to do the extracurricular Austin stuff I was planning on; Mondo Gallery, Poster Cabaret, Franklin BBQ. The celebrities, the artists, the cosplayers, I had an absolute fantastic time.

Some VERY neat and nice stuff blu!

That stinks you could not see norm he really is almost impossible to see. without some deep$$$$ however if so many fan girls were not CRAZY for him it would run a LOT SMOOTHER. Maybe someday for you tho.

I will say WW knows how to put on a show and they are pretty consistent with it.