Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 30, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £34.99
Note: 2 films, 4 discs (including 3D versions) - Limited to 4000

11189459-1684337864226639.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure the Korean etc. retailers will try that sooner or later.
Actually Nova basically did do that with the first Avengers. But, I think when they crunched the numbers they figured that one Steelbook per Avenger would ultimately not work in the grand scheme, but 2 Avengers per steelbook would. (6 steelbooks of each character would be a lot of physical stock that could be a potential loser financially in the long run- while 3 is not as risky a move).

I'm surprised they actually went ahead with this, it seems a pretty pointless release and at £35 and 4K print run, will probably hang around for a while, but will sell out as it is Marvel.

I'm now waiting for the Hulk, Thor & Captain America double pack steelbooks.....you know they're thinking about it...;)

Reactions: Steelselecta
If this is successful, then Thor and CA would follow... though they may not do CA since the 3rd one is coming out next year (unless Zavvi hurries quickly to release it)
With a 4K print run, I'm going to guess it'll remain in stock for something mainly due to cost
Things could probably change if it's glossy and embossed along with title on the spine

I'm now waiting for the Hulk, Thor & Captain America double pack steelbooks.....you know they're thinking about it...;)

I think Avengers movies are big enough to take a chance on by doing a double pack.

Captain America and Thor sets seem unlikely with sequels to both coming in the next couple of years. As for Hulk, there's only one movie so a double pack is impossible. The Incredible Hulk isn't a sequel to Hulk, and while TIH is part of the MCU (and can probably be distributed by Disney, with Universal's approval), Hulk is just Universal and I can't see any reason for retroactively making it part of the MCU.

Reminder
Live Sun Nov 1st 18:00 UK time

Be interesting to see how fast this will take to sell out with a print run of 4,000
Considering it's only recently we had Zavvi have separate Avengers and Avengers Age of Ultron steelbooks

I will be pre ordering as for me it's automatic just because it's Marvel and its Avengers
The Discs inside not that relevant as I already have them

I'm curious how many of you will be getting this and ? Why will you be getting to have in your collection or to sell

Reactions: luke98
Reminder
Live Sun Nov 1st 18:00 UK time

Be interesting to see how fast this will take to sell out with a print run of 4,000
Considering it's only recently we had Zavvi have separate Avengers and Avengers Age of Ultron steelbooks

I will be pre ordering as for me it's automatic just because it's Marvel and its Avengers
The Discs inside not that relevant as I already have them

I'm curious how many of you will be getting this and ? Why will you be getting to have in your collection or to sell
I am not sure about pre-ordering yet :ohno: hard decision :dunno: would love to see the back and interior first , :smashed:

I am not sure about pre-ordering yet :ohno: hard decision :dunno: would love to see the back and interior first , :smashed:
I would advise pre ordering and making a decision to cancel or keep closer to release date as by then they might show more of the artwork

I'm not sure though if the release date will stay as it is it might change

Zavvi though might play their usual pretend sold out tricks with this so it will be hard to know for sure if to cancel or keep if you're not 100% at the moment

At worst you could just return if your not happy with it

Must have completely bypassed this thread LOL :rofl::LOL:

Not sure I need any more Avengers Steels but if unsure at "go-live" time, it's inevitable I'll probably place an order knowing I can cancel later if needs be :thumbs:

Nice to see titles on the spine though... Step in the right direction but would be good to see the rest of the artwork too! :watch:

Also interested in seeing the back and inside but I think I'll be skipping this. I've got enough of the 2 on their own anyway.
If it don't sell out and drops to around £15 and the pics are good then I'll consider it

I already have the HMV version of the original and Zavvi's sequel and I'm happy with those.

I don't buy steelbooks 'just 'cause they're Marvel' and have no interest in owning more than one version of a movie as a general rule. I'm not interested in 3D (I always take the 3D disc out and replace it with the DVD) and I also prefer individual steels where possible (especially when a franchise is ongoing).

So no, in answer to Paul's question I won't be buying at any price.

Well I have the Avengers Zavvi lenti, which I like, (stop laughing At the back!) and I have Best Buy age of ultron Vision edition on the way. So that will do me nicely. Wont be getting this double pack, it will sell out at pre order stage as they always do, then Zavvi will allocate the remaining 3999 copies to a zbox bundle only!!:rofl:
No thanks Zavvi

Reactions: BluSteel2012