Avengers: Infinity War (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: September 3, 2018
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £24.99 (3D+2D)
Notes: Title on spine. Debossing around Thanos, the gauntlet and the Infinity stones w/ spot gloss.

03.jpg

11743005-1714593696194796.jpg
02.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I

I always tend to order 2 incase of damage for marvel steels and although one was dispatched this morning the other (earlier order) is showing processing cancellation. I will not be impressed of they have cancelled the 2nd order:(
I may have two copies aeven thought I cancelled the second copy week s back....i’ve Been charged twice :(

If I do have a second copy am happy to let another’s HDN take it for cost price&postafe (it’s the 3D version)

But we’ll see if Zavvi double shipped or just double charged as a copy just landed.
Major let down on artwork IMO so will Ben looking to swap ot out for a niceness premium at some point

I ordered the 3D version as my main TV at the time was 3D. I've gone 4K in the last week, so I'll have to make do with the regular Blu-ray version. I didn't want to order both, and 3D was my preferred choice then. I wish they would do what HMV do and include the 3D and 4K discs in the same steelbook
That's not a good idea 4K/3D/2D in one steelbook with Disney/Marvel IMO

Price would be lot higher and put off a lot of non 4K customers purchasing and cause a release to not sell well.
Most consumers are still purchasing DVD/Blu-ray

Separate steelbooks work best for 3D/2D and 4K/2D releases and unit sales have shown this ,as in both sell out

Print run of the steelbook most is for 3D/2D with smaller amount of the print run going towards the 4K/2D option

Disney dealer prices are higher than likes of Warner/Sony etc
A 4K/3D/2D steelbook from Disney price would be a problem for both retailers and consumers

The uptake of 4K UHD needs to increase and prices drop for all in one 4K/3D/2D steelbooks to sell well

HMV only sold out Blade Runner 2049 4K/3D/2D steelbook with price been £29.99.
If that had of been a Disney release price would have been £36 to £40

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
Of course the very best idea would be fully loaded steelbooks (where available) for £29.99 max. + another 'economy edition' w/ just the regular Blu-ray for about 10 quid less . . . if only as an aid to those collectors wanting both formats and who are at present 'forced' (for some titles) to buy two of the same steelbook and spend £50 for the privilege in order to get their hands on both the 3D and the 4K discs.

• Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
Pacific Rim uprising and Spider-man home coming steel books were 4k,3d,2d. Spider-man was a bargain at £25. Pacific Rim uprising is £30.

Jurassic World fallen Kingdom is the same.
HMV Blade Runner 2049 4K/3D/2D that cost £29.99 is only steelbook that has sold out with HMV
The rest of their steelbook costing £29.99 have not sold out

Disney dealer prices are higher than Warner/Sony/FOX etc to retailers
You would be looking retail price of around £38 for a New Release 4K/3D/2D steelbook with disney
The 4K/2D steelbook itself cost £32.99

If HMV was selling this as 4K/3D/2D Steelbook price would be around the same £38 you would not get at the moment with any UK retailer a new release Disney 4K/3D/2D steelbook costing £29.99 or less
A back catalog release yes would be possible to be less than £29.99

Disney UK though not done all in one 4K/3D/2D steelbooks yet for good reasons

HMV not done Disney 4K/2D or 3D/2D Steelbooks yet
HMV only done 4K UHD Marvel releases from Fox and Sony

It's best option for retailer and customers Disney/Marvel 4K/2D and 3D/2D steelbooks are separate

There you go.....

And inside....

And title on the spine....

And all 19.....
:cool:Given that all the disc from the US have an art,:thanks: was thinking why this UK does not,(n) so i conclude that, the one decided to but an art or not must be saying that the 2D dics is of no importance, sooo..... in your face:shipped::shipped:

Great steel.

Watched for the first time, spent the first half an hour confused and lost. Does this film continue straight on from age of Ultron? I feel like I missed an entire film somewhere in between. I only watched the other avenger films.

It seems as though you need to watch all the other marvel films to fully comprehend this film

Great steel.

Watched for the first time, spent the first half an hour confused and lost. Does this film continue straight on from age of Ultron? I feel like I missed an entire film somewhere in between. I only watched the other avenger films.

It seems as though you need to watch all the other marvel films to fully comprehend this film

You definitely need to watch the other films after Age Of Ultron. The story continues in Captain America: Civil War, Thor Ragnarok and Black Panther. But definitely Captain America: Civil War.

• Thanks
Reactions: hoppusdelonge
Great steel.

At the very minimum I'd say you need to have also seen the 2 Guardians movies, Civil War and Thor Ragnarok for it to start making sense.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: levi
Disagree.
If they want people to be tempted to upgrade, bundle copies in the way they didn dvd/blu-ray double packs initially, allowing us to choose, either dvd or both.

When they make you choose between formats, especially when multi-for at sets have and can be done - blade runner, Jurassic world 2, Deadpool 2, homecoming, Kingsman etc, many of which I believe had digital copies too, are easily the best way to coerce people into upgrading as they may have a small collection of discs ready to go when they decide to upgrade, and NOT at the cost of losing or having to choose what prior formats to lose.
People still buy DVD so making consumers have to choose one or the other, is a bad and dick move IMO.

Steels are creeping up to £30 being the average as is, so why not give us the muli-format packages? Because greed.

In the long run, it would serve them better, as I know having the 3D/2D packs influenced me in upgrading to 3D TV.

Reactions: StifflersDad
Yes, £30 + is scandalous for regular steelbooks that aren't 'fully loaded'.
Take INFINITY WARS as an example - same people paying 25 quid for the 3D + 2D on the one hand and 33 quid for the 4K + 2D on the other . . . some 60 quid for 2 steelbooks that should've been in one steelbook containing 3 discs and costing £30.
The only way to describe the practice is 'price gouging'.

You definitely need to watch the other films after Age Of Ultron. The story continues in Captain America: Civil War, Thor Ragnarok and Black Panther. But definitely Captain America: Civil War.
I actively avoided watching civil war because I hate Captain America. I haven't seen Thor Ragnarok either ha.

I saw the first guardian of the galaxy, black panther, the first 2 Thor films, the first Captain America and the first two avengers films.

I haven't seen Spiderman homecoming.

I think the whole marvel universe is confusing and almost inpenetrable to a casual viewer

I actively avoided watching civil war because I hate Captain America. I haven't seen Thor Ragnarok either ha.

I saw the first guardian of the galaxy, black panther, the first 2 Thor films, the first Captain America and the first two avengers films.

I think the whole marvel universe is confusing and almost inpenetrable to a casual viewer

It's not if you watch them as they come out. I hadn't seen Black Panther, but he was in Civil War so that helped. Infinity War is, afterall, essentially chapter 19 in one long franchise. Anyone who jumps onboard now should still enjoy the ride, but might be a bit lost by character relationships and motivations.

• Thanks
Reactions: Andycadle84

Think it’s a case of having to watch all the films and not just dipping in and out casually. Its akin to TV series like Game of Thrones or anything along those lines. You wouldn’t jump straight from the first season to the last without watching any of the episodes in between- you have to be invested in the whole story along the way.

Last edited:
Received my 2D/3D steelbook yesterday. As much as I enjoy the steelbook, it slightly annoys me that the film doesn’t carry on from the first two Avengers films (WWA) with the Avengers ‘A’ on the front.

Eagerly awaiting the BluFans release- the nearer it gets to the end of this month the more anxious I’m going to get about the group buy!

Reactions: levi
Yes, £30 + is scandalous for regular steelbooks that aren't 'fully loaded'.
Take INFINITY WARS as an example - same people paying 25 quid for the 3D + 2D on the one hand and 33 quid for the 4K + 2D on the other . . . some 60 quid for 2 steelbooks that should've been in one steelbook containing 3 discs and costing £30.
The only way to describe the practice is 'price gouging'.
Completely agree. However, as these always sell out, I’d daresay this practise will remain going forward...