Avengers: Infinity War (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: September 3, 2018
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £24.99 (3D+2D)
Notes: Title on spine. Debossing around Thanos, the gauntlet and the Infinity stones w/ spot gloss.

03.jpg

11743005-1714593696194796.jpg
02.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for getting back to me. From what I have seen and heard in America is does look like none of the versions will be fullscreen or have IMAX:( I have cancelled my 3d copy now.
Am gonna be SO riled if that truely ends up being he case.
3D always retained IMAX ratios, and if we get shafted on this, above all the other dick moves suffered with MCU home editions(missing spear tip and lies with the first Avengers, continuong for at issues forcing some to buy multiple copies for all formats-I had to double dip to get the HMV steels of CA:TFA and Thor with 3D copies as they were BR/DVD only, just like now we don’t get 3D and 4K in the same steels, plus some lazy ass extras on most discs -excluding Iron Man’s glorious 2 disc set etc) am going to be pretty outraged I’ll be hard pressed to not send the bugger back and vote with my wallet.
Problem is, I’ll ruin my MCU collection by missing this one, and what’s one return going to do when people are still clamouring for copies now, regardless of what crap they pull with cropping the image :(
Zavvi, Disney and Marvel don’t and won’t give a **** even if they realised customers are annoyed
Urgh
Been looking forward to this release since I first saw it but now am pretty gutted about it all.

I hope we do get the IMAX ratio on the 3D like we always have but I won’t be holding my breath :(

Going to have to re order the 3D version

Hopefully they give us a time in advance when cancelled versions go up again. Or if someone could tag me too for that little extra help
Best to keep am eye out from thurs through to the end of release week at least, could be anytime

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Am gonna be SO riled if that truely ends up being he case.
3D always retained IMAX ratios, and if we get shafted on this, above all the other dick moves suffered with MCU home editions(missing spear tip and lies with the first Avengers, continuong for at issues forcing some to buy multiple copies for all formats-I had to double dip to get the HMV steels of CA:TFA and Thor with 3D copies as they were BR/DVD only, just like now we don’t get 3D and 4K in the same steels, plus some lazy ass extras on most discs -excluding Iron Man’s glorious 2 disc set etc) am going to be pretty outraged I’ll be hard pressed to not send the bugger back and vote with my wallet.
Problem is, I’ll ruin my MCU collection by missing this one, and what’s one return going to do when people are still clamouring for copies now, regardless of what crap they pull with cropping the image :(
Zavvi, Disney and Marvel don’t and won’t give a **** even if they realised customers are annoyed
Urgh
Been looking forward to this release since I first saw it but now am pretty gutted about it all.

I hope we do get the IMAX ratio on the 3D like we always have but I won’t be holding my breath :(

Best to keep am eye out from thurs through to the end of release week at least, could be anytime
Just seen some reviews of the us 3d blu ray and it's confirmed no IMAX ratio on the 3d version. At least with my 4k version on the way I will get more pixels in the cropped picture but bad move on Disney's / Marvel's part. Also hear the Australian version is the same so can't see us getting anything different.

Am so annoyed, disappointed, outraged, gutted etc
Watched the standard edition once (out 7 ish viewings) at the cinema and it was distracting as hell having the image end in the middle of so many foreheads due to it being cropped. Really jolted me out of the experience(same reason I can no longer watch the cropped version of Titanic-I opt for the split disc/full screen 3d version instead) and it's really a 'what was the point' in bothering to film it in IMAX if it's going to be cropped left right and centre? (Didnt understand why the standard 2d and 3d Cinema screenings weren't the full screen aspect ratio too if am honest. It's not like it wouldn't be possible/fit as most/all screens can cope with the 16:9 ish size images as well as the wider ratios)
If it is meant to be experienced in IMAX then why crop at all? Let everyone get as close to the 'way it's meant to be seen' by at least letting them see the full image.

Anyway, I did stumble across this;

Infinity War IMAX format blu-ray petition

Obviously don't expect this to do much and at best we can hope it may lead to the correct version 'eventually' being released (down the line so making is buy twice) ....

Last edited:
I had to find out that the embossed, from the German & Swiss versions, faded colors, unlike that of BestBuy, where not marked, but has more intense, stronger colors
which looks very nice. The difference is big, I think. I hope that these zavvi hopefully more powerful colors!

I had to find out that the embossed, from the German & Swiss versions, faded colors, unlike that of BestBuy, where not marked, but has more intense, stronger colors
which looks very nice. The difference is big, I think. I hope that these zavvi hopefully more powerful colors!

Even though the background colouring is quite monochrome - differing shades of blue - I wouldn't personally describe it as faded:-
Avengers-Infinity-War-steelbook-fnac-2.jpg

My copy dispatched today . . . hopefully with me on Saturday.

I'd say no restriction imposed on these regarding when they arrive - copies certainly arriving today in Spain for example :-

Also, one thing I didn't notice before - something going on w/ Thanos' irises (spot gloss?)
Dlww9RcX0AAwb3S.jpg:large

DlwZmBaX0AA0Ntq.jpg:large

Last edited:
Even though the background colouring is quite monochrome - differing shades of blue - I wouldn't personally describe it as faded:-
DlwZmBaX0AA0Ntq.jpg:large

My copy dispatched today . . . hopefully to be received on Saturday.

I'd say no restriction imposed on these regarding when they arrive - copies certainly arriving today in Spain for example :-

Also, one thing I didn't notice before - something going on w/ Thanos' irises (spot gloss?)
Dlww9RcX0AAwb3S.jpg:large
Thanks for the pictures. Does look really good. My 4k edition still hasn't been dispatched but zavvi don't normally post them until Thursday anyway. It would be great if people got these early but I can't see people getting them before Monday given the track record of Disney marvel 1st releases.

Reactions: PKAVFC and thewoe
Got a "Dispatched" email from Zavvi and assumed it was for Awesome Mix Volume 2 but much to my surprise it was the 3D version of this steelbook which I had completely forgot about. Guess I will list my BBY 4K on the Bay.

Would love yo have a side by side comparison video between the Best Buy and European version. I love the vivid glossy colors of my BB copy, but thinking of finding the embossed copy if there isn’t that much difference in colors

Would love yo have a side by side comparison video between the Best Buy and European version. I love the vivid glossy colors of my BB copy, but thinking of finding the embossed copy if there isn’t that much difference in colors
Background colour should look the same on both the US and the ROW steelbooks. . . only difference being that Thanos and his gauntlet will look more colourful on the US edition because the whole steelbook is gloss . . . whereas on the ROW steelbook Thanos and his gaunlet - apart from the glossed Infinty stones - are matte.

• Informative
Reactions: TriSteel
Here I have posted you, 2 photos, and while it is Swiss Version + BestBuy
for comparison

Attachments

• Avengers Infinity War BestBuy + CH+Target 171.jpg
    Avengers Infinity War BestBuy + CH+Target 171.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 203
  • Avengers Infinity War BestBuy + CH+Target 088.jpg
    Avengers Infinity War BestBuy + CH+Target 088.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 161
I

I always tend to order 2 incase of damage for marvel steels and although one was dispatched this morning the other (earlier order) is showing processing cancellation. I will not be impressed of they have cancelled the 2nd order:(
Just checked my zavvi account and the a-holes have cancelled my order:mad:

Anyone have a extra 4k steel ordered???