Batman Begins (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 53) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 15, 2024
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti A - Double Lenti B (Pre-order on January 19, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $175.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $54.99 (Double Lenti A - Double Lenti B)

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600. Spot Foil, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Full Slip: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. Spot Foil, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Double Lenti A: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. 3D+Flip Lenticuar (Front), 3D Lenticular (Back) Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Double Lenti B: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. 2 x 3D Lenticulars, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

Batman_begins_BOX_packshot_OC_2000x.jpgBatman_begins_packshot_FS_2000x.jpgBB_Batman_beginsA_2000x.jpgBatman_begins_packshot_DLSB_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
This steelbook never looked good, but because of artwork :naughty:. Otherwise it´s just classic Manta steel, full gloss and debossed title, technically it´s beautiful, so I don´t understand what´s the problem here

This steelbook never looked good, but because of artwork :naughty:. Otherwise it´s just classic Manta steel, full gloss and debossed title, technically it´s beautiful, so I don´t understand what´s the problem here
I personally was never a huge fan of the designs but I did think it would look better in hand only because this seems to happen a lot for Manta. A lot of releases when beauty shots are announced I’m underwhelmed but in hand they seem to always look better. But yeah this one kinda broke that tradition for me. Not a great release. The steel and the slips

Massively underwhelmed by the DL A

I’m getting so bored of these 3 layered transitions from them. Just can’t get a good clear image on each transition. But also some of their lentis in general. And the back is pretty boring. The FS on the other hand has come out perfect.

Manta are so inconsistent with their lentis and have been for a while. Doing my head in. Some are quality but others are just so poor. I need 100% quality each time and I don’t understand why they aren’t delivering on this.

Reactions: Hereticz
@Flloydo

You can't get 100% quality each time with lentis. Lentis just have the ability to turn out flawed. They aren't foolproof. Sometimes they turn out great, sometimes they turn out ******. Lentis are just a nice gimmick, that's it.

@Flloydo

You can't get 100% quality each time with lentis. Lentis just have the ability to turn out flawed. They aren't foolproof. Sometimes they turn out great, sometimes they turn out ******. Lentis are just a nice gimmick, that's it.
If DL-A wasn’t a multi layered transition it would be a much better quality. Same with Everything everywhere all at once. Those choices making it transition between too many images are ruining the quality. Or use better suppliers like blufans.

Those are 2 suggestions that will improve. It can be done. Maybe the creative side just isn’t what it used to be. Why the EEAAO DL was okayed is beyond me. This isn’t as bad as that and it’s much clearer but it’s still not great.

Reactions: Hereticz
The "Lenti-lottery" (as I unfunnily refer to it) is what makes me lean towards fullslips a bunch these days.... But that approach isn't foolproof.

Reactions: Flloydo