Batman Begins (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 53) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 15, 2024
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti A - Double Lenti B (Pre-order on January 19, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $175.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $54.99 (Double Lenti A - Double Lenti B)

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600. Spot Foil, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Full Slip: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. Spot Foil, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Double Lenti A: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. 3D+Flip Lenticuar (Front), 3D Lenticular (Back) Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Double Lenti B: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. 2 x 3D Lenticulars, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

Batman_begins_BOX_packshot_OC_2000x.jpgBatman_begins_packshot_FS_2000x.jpgBB_Batman_beginsA_2000x.jpgBatman_begins_packshot_DLSB_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
@Flloydo regards FA you missed the biggest points, when they started out the had constant manufacturing issues now years later they are still have same dogged manufacturing issues (remaking parts not upto standard)
not a great look so many years down and quailty has never improved from there suppliers all these years later, unless they keep changing suppliers and keep having new supplier quality issues. which i find hard to believe personally.
so how they keep funding that, i tell you about month ago they had 30 pre-orders charged for on there own website and telling people to calm down and wait :hilarious:
im surprised there still going whole business is still going, seems to be running on a pyramid basis money in on new cash pre-orders. with more manufacturing issues still and im sure the bits and pieces manufactures are not doing all the remakes for free, so if that could be the case money has to come from FA.
hence why logic says FA are paying for it. hence nothing is getting completed plus the fact fa are taking on too many releases all the time, personally i havent bothered with them for years because i could see where this was heading and there prices started getting silly for wwa.
bit like some others in europe that we know similar format and excuses as well.
they make there own rods for the backs and time will tell if im correct here but i just vote with my feet and new people will work out the mess down the line :hilarious:
pyramid selling never works not when costs spiralling out of control its doomed for the start.
if people asked for there money back from the 30 pre-orders fa would fold tommorrow and thats simple maths.

FA did start out very well to be fair, good prices to get it all going and slowly over time has just got worse on so many fronts, which is a real shame. you would have thought by now they would have got there suppliers sorted out by now at least quality wise if you believe what people have been told by fa.
anyway cest la vie

@Flloydo regards FA you missed the biggest points, when they started out the had constant manufacturing issues now years later they are still have same dogged manufacturing issues (remaking parts not upto standard)
not a great look so many years down and quailty has never improved from there suppliers all these years later, unless they keep changing suppliers and keep having new supplier quality issues. which i find hard to believe personally.
so how they keep funding that, i tell you about month ago they had 30 pre-orders charged for on there own website and telling people to calm down and wait :hilarious:
im surprised there still going whole business is still going, seems to be running on a pyramid basis money in on new cash pre-orders. with more manufacturing issues still and im sure the bits and pieces manufactures are not doing all the remakes for free, so if that could be the case money has to come from FA.
hence why logic says FA are paying for it. hence nothing is getting completed plus the fact fa are taking on too many releases all the time, personally i havent bothered with them for years because i could see where this was heading and there prices started getting silly for wwa.
they make there own rods for the backs and time will tell if im correct here but i just vote with my feet and new people will work out the mess down the line :hilarious:
pyramid selling never works not when costs spiralling out of control its doomed for the start.
if people asked for there money back from the 30 pre-orders fa would fold tommorrow and thats simple maths.

FA did start out very well to be fair, good prices to get it all going and slowly over time has just got worse on so many fronts, which is a real shame. you would have thought by now they would have got there suppliers sorted out by now at least quality wise if you believe what people have been told by fa.
anyway cest la vie
Animated GIF

anyway cest la vie
tl;dr

Oh, so the transition is batman flying towards you, like the blue bettle lenti. That's much better implementation than blufans SL

Happy with the release. I like the embossing on the Full Slip. The steel seems to be nice, but haven't unwrapped it yet so can't really judge the quality.

IMG_1157.jpeg

IMG_1171.jpeg

IMG_1158.jpeg

IMG_1160.jpeg

IMG_1162.jpeg

IMG_1165.jpeg

IMG_1167.jpeg

IMG_1168.jpeg

IMG_1170.jpeg

Also happy that my Batman / Spider-Man display is now "finished".

IMG_1179.jpeg

Edit: Reuploaded everything because the quality was too low.

Last edited:
Steelbook is so underwhelmed. And front artwork looks weird too. I think both other steelbooks artworks are better at least on this one.