Release date: June 2nd, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Zavvi.com

10938593-1395838085-915949.jpg

10938593-1395838085-915944.jpg

10938593-1395838085-915873.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all about perspective. It could also be the Spitfire that is upside down. Either way, I love these war films. I'll probably pick them all up. My dad would love them too.

In which case the spitfire in the background that's undamaged and appears to be climbing, is nosediving into the ground.

The composition of the cover is ridiculous. Why the hell is London upside down? Was it such a struggle to get the spine the right way round that they screwed up the front? And the font just looks wrong with no horizontal lines in the 'A's :(

There's always one that has to find fault...

It's a fantastic Film
Day one purchase for me
I have the DVD special Edition

I was going to buy the Blu-ray a few years ago but put off By lack of extras
But I have them on the 2 disc DVD

Now that I collect Steelbooks I have to have this
If you not seen this film your missing out on a fantastic film
Lot of effort went into making this film it's been praised for this and is great entertaining film
The dogfights are amazing

Reactions: pdbluray
This is one of my all time favourite movies and normally would have been a must have but the artwork is absolutely appalling ! :angry:
Its Photoshop at it's worst, done by some ham fisted chimp with no understanding of flight dynamics.
The perfect art for me would be the original promotional art like this minus the bylines.

Battle_of_britain_Ryko10747.jpg

Simply & effectively gets the point of the film across.
The only problem would be the use of the Swastika in EU countries but I'm sure that could be gotten around somehow.

Reactions: SlyFondle
This is one of my all time favourite movies and normally would have been a must have but the artwork is absolutely appalling ! :angry:
Its Photoshop at it's worst, done by some ham fisted chimp with no understanding of flight dynamics.
The perfect art for me would be the original promotional art like this minus the bylines.

Battle_of_britain_Ryko10747.jpg

Simply & effectively gets the point of the film across.
The only problem would be the use of the Swastika in EU countries but I'm sure that could be gotten around somehow.
That Soundtrack I actually have it its very good if your into Film Music
It includes Ron Goodwin Score and Sir William Walton Score
Ron Goodwin Music is mostly what you hear in the Film as he was hired to re do the film score

The Steelbook Artwork is ok but yes they could have use lot better
Use of a Swastika is banned in some countries and is the Reason you see
Inglorious Bastards Steelbook with the Swastika removed outside of the UK

I'm Surprised they have not released a remastered Blu-ray of Battle of Britain with new extras

They Could of used the previous Blu-ray Artwork without the film credits on it
91aA7xWyirL._SL1500_.jpg

They could have just used this with embossed detail it would have looked great
article-1293468-07162E8F000005DC-249_468x308.jpg

image-2-for-news-pictures-of-the-week-13th-19th-september-gallery-473520044.jpg

Last edited:
It's a fantastic Film
Day one purchase for me
I have the DVD special Edition

I was going to buy the Blu-ray a few years ago but put off By lack of extras
But I have them on the 2 disc DVD

Now that I collect Steelbooks I have to have this
If you not seen this film your missing out on a fantastic film
Lot of effort went into making this film it's been praised for this and is great entertaining film
The dogfights are amazing

Unless it's a new and fully restored transfer stick with the 2 disc special edition Paul.

It is a great film and no mistake - despite some critics in recent years; but the original blu transfer is sorely lacking. MGM treat their customers like morons sometimes!

Last edited:
reckon this wave be live monday 7th april tie in with monday 2nd june release date on calender at least be exactly 8 weeks to the day!

That Soundtrack I actually have it its very good if your into Film Music
It includes Ron Goodwin Score and Sir William Walton Score
Ron Goodwin Music is mostly what you hear in the Film as he was hired to re do the film score

The Steelbook Artwork is ok but yes they could have use lot better
Use of a Swastika is banned in some countries and is the Reason you see
Inglorious Bastards Steelbook with the Swastika removed outside of the UK

I'm Surprised they have not released a remastered Blu-ray of Battle of Britain with new extras

They Could of used the previous Blu-ray Artwork without the film credits on it
91aA7xWyirL._SL1500_.jpg

They could have just used this with embossed detail it would have looked great
article-1293468-07162E8F000005DC-249_468x308.jpg

image-2-for-news-pictures-of-the-week-13th-19th-september-gallery-473520044.jpg

Agree with you about both the score & the original Blu-ray artwork, it also bucks the misplaced belief by most people that the Spitfire won the battle when it fact the Hurricane was present in greater numbers & shot down more enemy aircraft. Don't get me wrong I love the Spit but credit where it's due.

I like your embossing idea but would'nt use those paticular images as the photo shows a post war two seat trainer version in a spurious paint scheme whilst the embossing image depicts a late war MK XVI, both completly wrong for 1940.

I'll take my warbird anorak off now & put my Steelbook one back on :D