Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Megathread

splax23

Premium Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
The D
Yeah you read that right. All you BF:BC fanatics get ready.:) According to IGN.com it will be release sometime in the 2010 calender year. Now all you have to do is wait.

custom_1233846471352_bad2.JPG

Electronic Arts, while on its Q3 2009 financial earnings conference call, today announced that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will release sometime in the 2010 calendar year.

The original Battlefield: Bad Company released in mid-2008 to solid reviews and was the first game to use DICE's Frostbite engine.

New Rush Mode Video:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wugLHkcE2NE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wugLHkcE2NE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

Attachments

• 111111111111bf.jpg
    111111111111bf.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 3,151
Last edited by a moderator:
BFBC2 to look even better!

from the twitter account of DICE rendering architect Johan Andersson:

.@Hotcooler The 'high' texture detail level isn't implemented in #BFBC PC beta. Is in the final release so will be a bit sharper

:scat:

The North American console versions of DICE's Battlefield: Bad Company 2 are saddled with an unusual multiplayer restriction: for the first month following the game's release, only those who preordered the game from GameStop will have access to the game's "Squad Rush" multiplayer mode.

The mode is an objective-based battle between two teams of four players each. Those with preorder-based access will also be able to invite their friends to play with them throughout the 30-day exclusivity period.

PC copies of Bad Company 2, which share a March 2 release date with the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, have no such multiplayer restrictions, nor do any of the European SKUs launching three days later.

Retailer-specific and preorder-specific bonuses are becoming increasingly common in game publishing. Even digital distribution outlets like Steam and Impulse frequently attach exclusive in-game items to copies of particular games purchased through their storefronts.

Separately, non-EA development sources who requested anonymity have told Gamasutra that in the case of certain heavy-hitter retail outlets like GameStop, it is becoming more difficult to secure distribution contracts without offering some kind of exclusive attachment.

Still, such attachments usually come in the form of added content. The case of Bad Company 2, which confers access to standard game content on a timed basis rather than adding new content above and beyond the base game, is much less common.

In addition to the Squad Rush access, GameStop preorder customers on any platform will receive multiplayer access to the AKS-74 assault rifle.

gamasutra.com/view/news/27086/Battlefield_Bad_Company_2_Restricts_Initial_Squad_Rush_Access_To_GameStop_Preorderers.php

Just spent about an hour with the demo and I thought it was great. Between this and Bioshock 2 I should be happy for a long time. The game did address my biggest issue with the original Bad Company which was the super sensitivity on the run button. You had to hold that right joystick down with all your might and if you let up the slightest bit you would stop sprinting. That always frustrated me, but BFBC2 makes it nice and smooth. Probably a day one purchase for me. (Depending on how entertained Bioshocks multiplayer is keeping me.)

Its the left to run :)

that parachuting down was epic. We really need to get a squad going, it makes it 10x more better since then we can talk, cordinate **** and spawn on each other and lets not forget ... wreck on fools!

Its the left to run :)

that parachuting down was epic. We really need to get a squad going, it makes it 10x more better since then we can talk, cordinate **** and spawn on each other and lets not forget ... wreck on fools!

haha, yea the left stick. That's what I get for trying to think late at night.:emb:

I played it last night, one round. I'm very happy with it but there are stil a couple of things that bother me. No prone and can't strafe while sprinting. All in all tho it's gonna be awesome. got me 6 tags in the match i was in and finished with 2.03 k/d ratio. Giddy-up! I love the motion when you give someone the knife. it's like you are actually hitting something instead of the knife just breezing thru the opponent. It stops and feels like you actually hit something HARD. haha. Controller reacts as well.

I played it last night, one round. I'm very happy with it but there are stil a couple of things that bother me. No prone and can't strafe while sprinting. All in all tho it's gonna be awesome. got me 6 tags in the match i was in and finished with 2.03 k/d ratio. Giddy-up! I love the motion when you give someone the knife. it's like you are actually hitting something instead of the knife just breezing thru the opponent. It stops and feels like you actually hit something HARD. haha. Controller reacts as well.

Yeah nice slice and dice.

we gotta meet up and play some demo action. i played by myself and there was only like 2 other guys on my team. not very fun, but i think that game will be fun once it gets rolling fully