Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Original Series 1978-1980 Blu-ray Boxset [GERMANY]

Oct 31, 2010
Release Date- 9th December 2013
Price- $69.99 Euro
Purchase Link- Amazon.de

An Amazon.de Exclusive.

Extras

- Various original trailer
- audio commentary
- featurettes
- Super8 version
- documentation memories of Battlestar Galactica
- documentation Galacticon
- cut scenes
- photo gallery with rare promotional material

attachment.php

Attachments

• 91yiD6gMOoL__SL1500_.jpg
    91yiD6gMOoL__SL1500_.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Might pick this up and put it in the Cylon dvd head, I hope the transfer is excellent.

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

Ah so this also includes Galactica, the series after Battlestar Galactica went off the air. A definite pick up now.

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

Bah....good for Germany but think i'll wait for an English release :E

Never seen the original series...desperate to :D

You might think it's a little dated, but I think you will enjoy it overall. Too bad it only lasted 1 season.

I've only seen the original TV series: Starbuck, Apollo, Cylons, Baltar, "By your command" and him turning around in his high chair. '78-'80 = 1 season? I went to wikipedia and laughed at the attempt to restart it in 1980. I think this show had a pretty blonde in it (further reseach at imdb: Laurette Spang as Cassiopeia). Or I may be remembering Logan's Run, the movie with Jenny Agutter (also in American Werewolf in London) or the TV series. Oh that 70's TV fare.

I've never had any respect for ABC TV when a rival network had the first successful reality-show, and ABC devoted 1/2 their prime time line-up to it the next year, only to do a mea culpa the year after that. Reading about Galactica 1980 confirms the same ****-ups were on the payroll and rising up through the ranks back then.

I've never seen the original series. Loved the newer BG! It's one of my favorite tv series. All I know from the original is that the main guy who played William Adama, played by Lorne Greene, also played Ben Cartwright in Bonanza and Richard Hatch who played Tom Zarek in the new series played Captain Apollo in the 1978 series. I've always been interested to see what the original was like.

Last edited:
Any one got this yet, does this have the 1980s series and the pilot? It looks like Royal Mail has lost mine in the post.

From the Blu-Ray.com forums-

============================

1 - Definitely Region B locked
2 - English DTS-HD MA 5.1 for BSG / English DTS-HD MA 2.0 for Galactica 1980
3 - Saga of a Star World is the tv version (2hr 19min) but in 4:3
4 - Deleted scenes present but with non-removable German subtitles

Its been a while since I watched the DVD's but I would say yes, they aren't restored prints so still have the odd speck and dirt but it has a nice layer of grain and plenty of detail.
====================

Sounds good to me :)