Release date: February 24th, 2015
Purchase link: Big Hero 6
Group Buy: apsmith21
Price: $24.99
Notes: Debossed title, gloss finish, region-free

16943828.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
my target was all sold out yesterday

The first one I went too had them behind the counter because a couple people raided the supply earlier in the day. They said it was resellers. LOL. So I got one and it had some chips on the spine strip. Went to another Target and they had a few. I left one in the display.

Reactions: ricster
The first one I went too had them behind the counter because a couple people raided the supply earlier in the day. They said it was resellers. LOL. So I got one and it had some chips on the spine strip. Went to another Target and they had a few. I left one in the display.
The Liverpool HMV wont have any steelbooks on display if they can help it. They store them all behind the counters when its a brand new release.

Guys and ladies,
save time and effort, go to select FIND IN A STORE and see nearby availability
the DPCI 058-30-0778 is different than the regular amaray so there's very little chance of getting the wrong item
I just did this for a couple of stores and got confirmation
so I will be getting my copies later
I'm looking for one without that annoying pop effect.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Buffalo MX
The Liverpool HMV wont have any steelbooks on display if they can help it. They store them all behind the counters when its a brand new release.

lmbo!! what are you typing about Mr. Liverpool HMV is in the UK, this is Target locations in the US lol. Perhaps you're referring to having steelbooks behind the display which is seldom done @ Target.

lmbo!! what are you typing about Mr. Liverpool HMV is in the UK, this is Target locations in the US lol. Perhaps you're referring to having steelbooks behind the display which is seldom done @ Target.

Yes steels behind the counter. I know where Target is, I wasnt being rude or disrespectful. Just saying that to me its not uncommon to walk into get a steelbook and find that there arent any only to find out that they are hiding them behind the counters.

I assume that the ones behind the counter also will not have the spider tags on them that target sometimes put on them ??

Hi Andy
Does this mean that GB will be at the reduced price?
Thanks for all your hard work.

This isn't typical of what has happened in the past, but Target has sent me refund notices for every order this morning, no matter how long ago it was placed.

So my expectation is that everyone will be charged the $19.99 base price - obviously, other costs factor in as specified in the GB thread.

I will also have to verify the credit makes it to my charge card as well.

Yes steels behind the counter. I know where Target is, I wasnt being rude or disrespectful. Just saying that to me its not uncommon to walk into get a steelbook and find that there arent any only to find out that they are hiding them behind the counters.

I assume that the ones behind the counter also will not have the spider tags on them that target sometimes put on them ??

Usually the spider wrap are for bigger editions (collector sets and digibooks) that don't fit in the plastic alpha cases.

A steelbook is indeed a tight fit in an alpha case, so you have to watch the clerk carefully when they take them out.

Having said that, I did find that two steelbook editions were "hiding" behind a couple rows of amaray cases when I arrived at my local target at 5pm. Someone was trying to be sneaky, methinks. :rolleyes:

Reactions: charleybusko
Usually the spider wrap are for bigger editions (collector sets and digibooks) that don't fit in the plastic alpha cases.

A steelbook is indeed a tight fit in an alpha case, so you have to watch the clerk carefully when they take them out.

Having said that, I did find that two steelbook editions were "hiding" behind a couple rows of amaray cases when I arrived at my local target at 5pm. Someone was trying to be sneaky, methinks. :rolleyes:
Oh, stop. You know you did this yourself earlier in the day and just had to go back and get them...:rofl::rofl:

Being a veteran Target bargain hunter, I always look out behind all rows and have gotten fortunate several times, especially with the same DPCI items. Often times, the steels are the last couple in the stack of amarays.

On first inspection I didn't even see the hidden ones, as they were on the new movie end cap. Only after checking the kids new release section did I circle back around and look closer.

Needed to some replacements for the ones I got with spine slashes. :(

I pre-ordered but no price adjustment given. However, I managed to get the order in during that brief period when the 20% off accessories coupon worked. So, I paid around $20 for mine. I guess they look at the final price and wouldn't be stacking the price match with a coupon code.

Went to Target today before work expecting there to be no SteelBooks in stock especially since it said my local store was out of stock online. And surprise, surprise they still had some copies left (3 in the entertainment section and 2 by the registers). Went ahead and picked up a (single) copy.

16651272505_a4255d6aa5_b.jpg

Having finally watched this I have decided to ban myself from watching any new superhero films for a year. I feel like Marvel are beating me over the head with a cudgel.