Over 10 hours of bonus content
"Final Cut" feature on Blu-ray and DVD
Three additional feature versions on one disc, seamlessly branched
All new bonus content disc featuring the existing EC from the UCE plus
Photo Gallery with 1,000+ new images
"Dangerous Days" documentary
The Work Print feature version
Over 6 featurettes and more

In the fall, Warner Home Entertainment is expected to bring the 30th Anniversary Edition of Blade Runner to Blu-ray. Director Ridley Scott's iconic reimagining of the Philip K. Dick novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep stars Harrison Ford (The Complete Indiana Jones Collection) as Rick Deckard, a disenchanted Blade Runner who hunts replicants - genetically engineered organic robots - in Los Angeles, circa 2019.

As the science-fiction-thriller begins, Deckard receives the assignment to kill four rogue replicants who have returned to Earth after organizing a bloody off-world rebellion. Deckard's search takes him from the bowels of Los Angeles' synthetic community to Dr. Eldon Tyrell (Joe Turkel, The Shining), the creator of the replicants; however, the weary Blade Runner finds his resolve tested by both his romantic feelings towards Tyrell's android secretary Rachel (Sean Young, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective) as well as the savagery of head replicant fugitive Roy Batty (Rutger Hauer, Hobo with a Shotgun).

Written by Hampton Fancher (The Minus Man) and David Webb Peoples (Unforgiven), the film co-stars Edward James Olmos (Battlestar Galactica), M. Emmet Walsh (Blood Simple), Daryl Hannah (Kill Bill), James Hong (Big Trouble in Little China), William Sanderson (Deadwood), Brion James (The Player), and Joanna Cassidy (Ghosts of Mars).

In addition, Blade Runner collected Oscar nominations at the 1983 Academy Awards Ceremony for:
Best Art Direction-Set Decoration: Lawrence G. Paull, David L. Snyder, and Linda DeScenna
Best Visual Effects: Douglas Trumbull, Richard Yuricich, and David Dryer
Warner's four-disc Blu-ray/DVD/UltraViolet Digital Copy combo pack offers five versions of the picture: the rare workprint version, the 1982 domestic and international theatrical cuts, the 1993 director's cut, and the 2007 Final Cut, which contains additional revisions not present in any of the previous versions. Further technical specifications are unknown, though the Blu-ray does contain a number of bonus supplements, such as:
All-new bonus content disc featuring the existing extra content from the Ultimate Collector's Edition
Photo gallery with 1,000+ new images
Feature-length Dangerous Days documentary
Over six behind-the-scenes featurettes
The discs come packaged in a collectible 72-page digibook with "never-before-seen Ridley [Scott] sketches, poster art, and photos from the set" alongside a concept spinner car and action Lenticular hologram.

The 30th Anniversary Edition of Blade Runner streets on October 2nd.
pre order here

(copied most of this thread from Buffalo MX's thread in the general Blu-Ray section)

Last edited by a moderator:
All the content from the previous 5 disc release and more in digibook packaging?! I've pre-ordered!!

this is getting ridiculous. how many dvd/bluray issues of this are there going to be? i love this movie, but i think enough is enough as far as this goes. the 5 disc release cost me 20 odd bucks when 1st released, i'm not going to cough up more than double that for this release. resist!!

I've got the 2 disc UK BD & the DVD 5 disc tin set.
I'll order this when there's a price drop, Bound to be one a few months after release.

I still have the HD-DVD briefcase and the 5 disc DVD tin so I will actually have to see pictures of this first before I order it.

Just cannot visualize it.

I'm excited to get another exclusive for Blade Runner...

I have the DVD Tin UK and Steelbook Canada. I never got the 5 Disk bluray, so for me this release is :oohyeah:

It looks like this has discs 1 and 3 from the 5 disc set (the Final Cut and the disc with the other 3 cuts) and has the content from discs 2, 4, (the DVDs), and 5 (the Workprint), along with new content onto a new blu ray. The DVD seems to just be another copy of the Final Cut and a digital copy.

I'll need to know what this new content is, and that they haven't compressed the old content to death, before I buy it.

Hate to say it, but there's really no proof yet that this is a Digibook. The first mention of digibook is from a recent Blu-ray.com news article, but I believe that's merely an assumption based on Amazon's listing for this.

Think about it though. How many digibooks do you know have 72 pages and 4 discs? That would be a hugee Digibook. Certainly not the standard ones we see now. The closest in terms of discs are the CLone Wars ones with 3 discs, but that is super thick and has no where near 72 pages.

I really think the 72 page book included is just that, a book. I'd love to be wrong about that, and I guess we'll have to wait till Warner releases more details and pictures.