Over 10 hours of bonus content
"Final Cut" feature on Blu-ray and DVD
Three additional feature versions on one disc, seamlessly branched
All new bonus content disc featuring the existing EC from the UCE plus
Photo Gallery with 1,000+ new images
"Dangerous Days" documentary
The Work Print feature version
Over 6 featurettes and more

In the fall, Warner Home Entertainment is expected to bring the 30th Anniversary Edition of Blade Runner to Blu-ray. Director Ridley Scott's iconic reimagining of the Philip K. Dick novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep stars Harrison Ford (The Complete Indiana Jones Collection) as Rick Deckard, a disenchanted Blade Runner who hunts replicants - genetically engineered organic robots - in Los Angeles, circa 2019.

As the science-fiction-thriller begins, Deckard receives the assignment to kill four rogue replicants who have returned to Earth after organizing a bloody off-world rebellion. Deckard's search takes him from the bowels of Los Angeles' synthetic community to Dr. Eldon Tyrell (Joe Turkel, The Shining), the creator of the replicants; however, the weary Blade Runner finds his resolve tested by both his romantic feelings towards Tyrell's android secretary Rachel (Sean Young, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective) as well as the savagery of head replicant fugitive Roy Batty (Rutger Hauer, Hobo with a Shotgun).

Written by Hampton Fancher (The Minus Man) and David Webb Peoples (Unforgiven), the film co-stars Edward James Olmos (Battlestar Galactica), M. Emmet Walsh (Blood Simple), Daryl Hannah (Kill Bill), James Hong (Big Trouble in Little China), William Sanderson (Deadwood), Brion James (The Player), and Joanna Cassidy (Ghosts of Mars).

In addition, Blade Runner collected Oscar nominations at the 1983 Academy Awards Ceremony for:
Best Art Direction-Set Decoration: Lawrence G. Paull, David L. Snyder, and Linda DeScenna
Best Visual Effects: Douglas Trumbull, Richard Yuricich, and David Dryer
Warner's four-disc Blu-ray/DVD/UltraViolet Digital Copy combo pack offers five versions of the picture: the rare workprint version, the 1982 domestic and international theatrical cuts, the 1993 director's cut, and the 2007 Final Cut, which contains additional revisions not present in any of the previous versions. Further technical specifications are unknown, though the Blu-ray does contain a number of bonus supplements, such as:
All-new bonus content disc featuring the existing extra content from the Ultimate Collector's Edition
Photo gallery with 1,000+ new images
Feature-length Dangerous Days documentary
Over six behind-the-scenes featurettes
The discs come packaged in a collectible 72-page digibook with "never-before-seen Ridley [Scott] sketches, poster art, and photos from the set" alongside a concept spinner car and action Lenticular hologram.

The 30th Anniversary Edition of Blade Runner streets on October 2nd.
pre order here

(copied most of this thread from Buffalo MX's thread in the general Blu-Ray section)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is cool. I already have the DVD Briefcase version and was tempted to order SB but I like this very much. Hopefully, there will be a digipack. I think the Japanese has a similar version with toy out as well on blu ray some years back or maybe it was DVD. I'm sure someone can confirm this.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

And here it is

http://www.itcamefromjapan.com/Blade-Runner-Collectors-Box-with-Blu-Ray-and-Spinner-Car-Medicom_p_27.html

It was originally said to be a digibook, then the product picture changed at Amazon to this package with what looks to be a model car inside. Hopefully full specs will be revealed soon

The toy is killing it for me if i'm honest.

I've got the UK DVD tin so i'm tempted to do a custom jobbie on ot

I don't think it's a toy in the conventional sense. BR wasn't exactly a kids film was it so why do you lot call it a toy? Just movie memorabilia I guess. A celebration of what is in my opinion the best SF movie I've ever seen. If you don't like the model then don't order it.

We say toy as it'll be a cheap model ;)

And I want this for the actual movie, not the crappy toy :D If this was available separately without the toy then I would order that but that doesn't seem an option at the moment

Doesn't matter, I'll just put the toy and outer box in the loft and keep the actual movie on the shelf

Correct cooey , I will do the same, the box and added toy car will just never be bothered with really , just want the digibook,, love the movie, one of the first I ever saw at the cinema on its first release.

So it's not a digibook after all? Hmmmm not sure I want this as much now. I don't want that crappy model that's for sure