Blade Runner: The Final Cut (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (The Film Vault Range) [UK]

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Release date: August 19, 2024
Purchase links: Vice Press - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV (Pre-order from Monday April 15th)
Price: £49.99 (Vice Press Exclusive Poster Edition) - £29.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: Vices Press Exclusive Poster Edition limited to 300 - Hand numbered archival pigment print on 250gm Naturalis Absolute White Matt archival paper.
VaultSteels02.jpg

blade-runner-film-vault-steelbook-poster-matt-ferguson-florey.png

Last edited by a moderator:
In case people didn't notice - Amazon now has a bullsh*t flat rate fee for any foreign orders.
So now- if I order from Amzon.jp, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr- they AUTOMATICALLY charge $14-$16 JUST for the order itself.
This is before any fees on the items themselves.
In this example- the shipping is now more expensive than the item itself.
IMG_3295.jpeg

And this appears to be an Amazon thing, not something that can be attributed to increased fees from shipping companies.
When I reserched ordering a recent steelbook from Germany- Amazon.de was €16.95 for shipping to U.S.
The same order from JPC.de was €3.50 shipping to U.S.

In case people didn't notice - Amazon now has a bullsh*t flat rate fee for any foreign orders.
So now- if I order from Amzon.jp, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr- they AUTOMATICALLY charge $14-$16 JUST for the order itself.
This is before any fees on the items themselves.
In this example- the shipping is now more expensive than the item itself.
View attachment 580698

And this appears to be an Amazon thing, not something that can be attributed to increased fees from shipping companies.
When I reserched ordering a recent steelbook from Germany- Amazon.de was €16.95 for shipping to U.S.
The same order from JPC.de was €3.50 shipping to U.S.
Is this just to the USA? I order from Amazon UK, DE and IT a fair bit (to Ireland) and don't have this, the only additional charge I have is because of Ireland's VAT rate so for a blu-ray/4K it's normally at most a couple of Euros extra. Even from Amazon.com the only extra I have is the added import duty but that'll be charged to me otherwise on arrival if it's not taken at checkout.

It's terrible that you find out your order has been cancelled from a forum rather than the retailer you bought it from. If not for hdn i would not have known.

I ordered Blade runner from Amazon UK on 15th April because it was the only place in the UK that still had stock (i only order from Amazon as a last resort due to their packaging).

Luckily I ordered Jaws from Zavvi and the rest from HMV.

Annoying pre ordering a set then find out you'll have a missing piece. Worse for others who've lost more than one.

Also when did Amazon increase the free shipping orders in U.K. to £35 or over?

Used to be £20 and then £25 not long ago. Terrible

just recently to £35, yeh they just get worse.
Thankfully I don’t use them much. Even less now they’ve put the free shipping barrier up. I refuse to pay for shipping from Amazon inside the U.K.

Same from HMV and zavvi too but their limits are lower so I never see a charge option with HMV and zavvi have the RC. But yeah Amazon are really starting to take the p!ss now tbh

Reactions: C.C. 95
Is this just to the USA? I order from Amazon UK, DE and IT a fair bit (to Ireland) and don't have this, the only additional charge I have is because of Ireland's VAT rate so for a blu-ray/4K it's normally at most a couple of Euros extra. Even from Amazon.com the only extra I have is the added import duty but that'll be charged to me otherwise on arrival if it's not taken at checkout.
Ireland not affected it's still usual shipping prices as before from Amazon UK/USA/France/Germany/Italy etc websites.

Amazon UK
I have prime subscription that also includes access to prime video and get free priority delivery on all my orders with Amazon UK if amazon is the seller or item sold by third party is been fulfilled by amazon.
Prime subscribers not affected the by the £35.00 spend increase as they already get free delivery.

Prime subscription saves me a lot with getting free delivery on all my orders it don't matter if I'm ordering a single cheap item or multiple items.
It just make sure the item I'm purchasing amazon is the seller or third party seller item is been fulfilled by amazon.

It's terrible that you find out your order has been cancelled from a forum rather than the retailer you bought it from. If not for hdn i would not have known.

I ordered Blade runner from Amazon UK on 15th April because it was the only place in the UK that still had stock (i only order from Amazon as a last resort due to their packaging).

Luckily I ordered Jaws from Zavvi and the rest from HMV.

Annoying pre ordering a set then find out you'll have a missing piece. Worse for others who've lost more than one.
Yeah- an email would be nice.
I just started checking orders. Amazon.fr cancelled two of my preorders (that I made months ago) and I had no idea.

Reactions: chunk