Hi-Def Audio Blu-ray Audio - Own any?

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Not a whole lot out but wish there was so there was more artists I was interested in ...

Yes. Have got the following:

Porcupine Tree - Anesthetize (it has video too but this is reference quality 24bit hi-res audio in both stereo and 5.1)
Steven Wilson - Grace For Drowning
Rush - Moving Pictures
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Really wish there was more. Apparently Rush's 2112 is coming in December, which I am chomping at the bit to hear!

Got many titles on SACD and DVD-A too. I'm a big fan of all the available HD audio formats. :)

got 2 custom made ones

Jaws OST and Earthquake OST (with added sound effects track taken from the original NBC TV / radio broadcast)

both were mastered using the quadaphonic Japanese LP's

I have a few:

• 2L - Flute Mystery
  • 2L - Nordic Sound
  • 2L - TrondheimSolistene Divertimenti
  • AIX - Pachelbel Canon Acoustica
  • AIX - Records HD Music Sampler
  • AIX - Records Sampler IV
  • Bach - Brandenburg Concertos 1-6
  • Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Damn The Torpedoes
  • Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - MOJO

Not a whole lot out that interest me but I might try to source that pink floyd then. I didnt see it on amazon.

Not a whole lot out that interest me but I might try to source that pink floyd then. I didnt see it on amazon.

The Floyd BD-Audio is only available in the expensive 'Immersion' box set. Only way I got hold of it was because at the time of release some people were selling off bits of the set they didn't need/want so I managed to grab just the disc.

It's the exact same mix/master as the SACD, so if you can play those it's best to pick that up and save yourself a lot of money (unless you want all the junk from the boxset). The only upside to the BD-Audio version is that it includes the infamous quad Parson's mix from the 70's.

They did the same thing with Wish You Were Here but I didn't manage to get a copy for that so picked up the SACD, which is just stunning! (and again it's the exact same mix/master)

I will probably just buy Damn the Torpedoes and see how I like it. Im not a tom fan tho,but not necessarily a hater either. Just wanna hear some good blu-ray audio. :) - If there was like James Brown or something that would be bad ass.

REM - Automatic
Talking Heads - Little Creatures
The Beatles - Love

Got some SACD and a lot of multi-channel downloads.

Picked up the 5.1 release of 'Rush - 2112' recently. Absolutely awesome, crisp sound and the comic strip with lyrics that plays along in sync with the music is a nice touch too.

Not the most adventurous surround mix but damn it sounds huge. Also has hi-res 24/96 stereo too.

I've got Pink Floyd's 'Dark Side of the Moon' and 'Wish You Were Here'. I see that The Rolling Stones' 'Grrr' is out as well, so might get that too.

Hoping to start recording my own vinyl in hi-res digital at some point this year too.

Reactions: Wreck
I have a few:

• 2L - Flute Mystery
  • 2L - Nordic Sound
  • 2L - TrondheimSolistene Divertimenti
  • AIX - Pachelbel Canon Acoustica
  • AIX - Records HD Music Sampler
  • AIX - Records Sampler IV
  • Bach - Brandenburg Concertos 1-6
  • Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Damn The Torpedoes
  • Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - MOJO

Recent additions:
  • The Rolling Stones - GRRR!
  • Rush - 2112

I have a few ;)

Some of these are nothing short of pure musical bliss. Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds, John Mayer, Dire Straits, Crossroads & The Last Waltz are my personal favorites of the bunch. I love what Blu-ray has done to music, by giving people the option to bring the concert into their homes.

Dire Straits - Alchemy
The Big 4 - Metallica / Slayer / Megadeth / Anthrax Live From Sofia, Bulgaria
Big Easy Express - Old Crow Medicine Show / Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros / Mumford & Sons
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band: London Calling: Live In Hyde Park
Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds: Live at Radio City
David Gilmour: Remember That Night
Eddie Vedder: Water on the Road
Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010
Gimme Shelter (The Rolling Stones)
It Might Get Loud
Jimi Hendrix: Live at Woodstock
John Mayer: Where the Light Is
The Last Waltz
Mumford & Sons: The Road to Red Rocks
U2: 360° at the Rose Bowl