Blufans - SteelBook Retailer Chat Thread

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
BLUFANS DO NOT DELIVER OUTSIDE OF CHINA

bf5y.jpg

With a growing popularity of Blufans Exclusive steelbook collection, I'm thinking it is a good idea to have the thread about Blufans. Please feel free to discuss anything related to Blufans products.

Currently, Blufans only ships their orders within China, not to overseas.

Credit to REDLEMON and thanks to him for doing the list, with updated release date on coming Blufans releases
Blufans Exclusives SteelBooks™ List

And in order for our members better understanding the Blufans Exclusive steelbooks, here is how are they made and how long are they made.
BE STEELBOOK FLOWCHART

STAGE 1: ARTWORKS DESIGN

1) Blufans chooses the photos from studio art library.
2) Concept arts designing. Time: normally about 7 days.
3) Submit the arts to studio headquarters for approval. Time: 7 to 10 days.
4) Once the art is approved, send the artworks to Scanavo (the steelbook maker) for review. Time: wthin 7 days

Total time: 15 to 20 days

STAGE 2: STEELBOOK MANUFACTURING

1) Confirm steelbook finish (Glossy vs Matte) (emboss, deboss, or none )
2) Making a tin proof for BLUFANS to check. Time:10 to 14 days.
3) Making a sample steelbook. The step is optional, but Blufans always request it for ensuring a better quality of its products. There will be an extra cost for doing this. Time: 14 days
4) Steelbooks in Mass Production. Time:45 days
5) Custom Clearence. Time: 7 days
6) Transport the steelbooks to Packing facility. Time: 4 days

Total Time: at least 70 days

STAGE 3: PACKING and SHIPPING

1) Pack all the elements into the steelbook and factory-seal it. Time: 3 to 5 days
2) Shipping. Time: 7 days

Total Time: at least 10 days

As you can see, if everything goes perfectly smooth, you will wait at least 90 days to receive the final product.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Rock boxset is free, excluding p&p of course.

It will be interesting to see how International Blufans VIP membership will work.

On the Blufans forum, one has to be eligible for the Rock boxset to qualify for VIP membership. But, to continue to keep the VIP status, each VIP member has to make a meaningful contribution (posting wise, not monetary) to the forum every month. Otherwise the VIP status will be revoked.

If International Blufans VIP's don't need to do this then what's the point of Blufans VIP members having to do it.

I guess international vips will have to maintain a collection, buy a certain amount of releases a year, and perhaps pay a small fee for the Rock and subsequent bonus releases

Reactions: domalorite
Awesome, i take it we can count multiple versions of the same title as there haven't been 12 have there? i.e Hollow cut and Lenticular.
Would the Star trek tri-pack count as 1 or 3 releases?
I'm hoping so, The Rock was my sick from school go to film, possibly seen it more times than anything else :scat:

Also titles i have seen mentioned such as JFK and Rocky have they already been up for preorder? If so where were they available? Many thanks :dunno:

Awesome, i take it we can count multiple versions of the same title as there haven't been 12 have there? i.e Hollow cut and Lenticular.
Would the Star trek tri-pack count as 1 or 3 releases?
I'm hoping so, The Rock was my sick from school go to film, possibly seen it more times than anything else :scat:

Also titles i have seen mentioned such as JFK and Rocky have they already been up for preorder? If so where were they available? Many thanks :dunno:
Yes, each type of release counts as 1. Oz Lenti slip is 1 and Oz Cutout slip would be another 1. STID Tri-pack would count as 3.

Reactions: Steakman
I have never ordered a blufan title, but, if it only ships within China, how will I be able to order WALL-E (the rumoured mystery title)? :( Will someone be doing a group buy for the mystery title? Fingers crossed!

Hi, just a question since it's my first BF release.
Just answer to Kevin's invoice PM is good ? Or do I need to send him an other PM ?
(For the address, etc...)

Thanks ;)

So what's the situation with this? I've got Up, MU and Frozen from BF (see a trend?) so I'd quite like this.

Does the VIP thing mean I can't get one? Could another VIP get one for me?

SOS here from a confused ninja!

So what's the situation with this? I've got Up, MU and Frozen from BF (see a trend?) so I'd quite like this.

Does the VIP thing mean I can't get one? Could another VIP get one for me?

SOS here from a confused ninja!
No need to worry,Buddy,you can still get a Copy in the GB as before-VIP´s get a spot automatically,stress free:thumbs:

Reactions: dfoles
Who are VIPs (premium supporters on HDN?) ? And on which forums they will get an automatic spot for the releases as far as I know we do not host Blufans here anymore?

Who are VIPs (premium supporters on HDN?) ? And on which forums they will get an automatic spot for the releases as far as I know we do not host Blufans here anymore?

Maybe the VIP list will be published on the Blufans Facebook page...And how the automatic spots work...This will not happen before the end of this month though...That's my reading from the other site....