Release date: July 20th, 2015
Purchase link: Boogie Nights
Price: £14.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11107635-5044287588293850.jpg

11107635-1914287588225447.jpg

11107635-4164288826202579.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to finally see the full art on this. I'm sure the price will drop once it goes live, but even if it's the usual £16.99, it still works out much cheaper from Amazon.de with shipping on top (just under £14), so will be passing on Zavvi's.

I can see this, unfortunately, being another 'Swingers'/'Clerks' and dropping to <£9.99 soon after release.

Pretty much "If its a classic movie that I actually like, it'll drop".

Trust me on this. Ive bought tons for big numbers at release - just to see them in the bargain bin within 4 weeks.

Clerks was £8.99 less than 4 weeks from release (which I paid £16.99 for)

#RinseRepeat

So Zavvi's 'exclusives' are just amazon.de's but a few days later. Wonder how often this trend is to carry on at the moment - with the end of Disney and Pixar pretty much now tied up how many are going to be interesting releases that can't be sourced for less elsewhere?

Edit: I realise these are more Warner Bros steelbooks which is fine but wish Zavvi would get off this whole 'Zavvi exclusive' business when clearly they ain't

So Zavvi's 'exclusives' are just amazon.de's but a few days later. Wonder how often this trend is to carry on at the moment - with the end of Disney and Pixar pretty much now tied up how many are going to be interesting releases that can't be sourced for less elsewhere?

Edit: I realise these are more Warner Bros steelbooks which is fine but wish Zavvi would get off this whole 'Zavvi exclusive' business when clearly they ain't
fyi, guys, as usual, "Exclusive" has always referred to being the only retailer in a certain country that has a certain special packaging (Digi, Steelbook etc). Exceptions are World Wide Exclusives, such as Futureshop's recent Steelbook of Interstellar. The studio determines who gets exclusives and different regions govern different marketing decisions.

Awful artwork on this steel, they should have just kept the comic look for the back so it blends better! Why is Zavvi all about making OCD people like myself go crazy!

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Zavvi's synopsis of Boogie Nights on their website, people will get a shock if they think this is about ghosts.

Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook - Limited to 2000 Copies
A young family are visited by ghosts in their home. At first the ghostsappear friendly, moving objects around the house to the amusement of everyone, then they turn nasty and start to terrorise the family before they "kidnap" the youngest daughter.

If you really look at Dirk's placement under the disc-holder rim, it makes sense ;)

Indeed, I did see Mark hiding in the crease, which justifies its placement.

But OCD doesnt care about justification... It cares that its not central.

Can I justify having all cutlery three and two quarter inches from the edge of the table before im allowed to eat? No.

OCD doesnt care that im hungry.