Boyz n the Hood (Pop Art) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 21st, 2016
Purchase link: Boyz n the Hood (pre-order Saturday, September 10th at 6PM GMT)
Price: £15.99
Note: Limited to 500 copies.

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These new steels look awesome but it would have been nicer to get films not already released in steelbook form. I mean Zavvi only just did this not that long ago?

Really? The other steelbook wasn't released too long ago... the one I almost ordered just yesterday in fact. Might go for this one instead if the art is decent!

Reactions: Flash
Thing is I really like the pop art steelbooks but I've got straight outta Compton and it kinda matches the first steel of this, hmm depends on art

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Really? The other steelbook wasn't released too long ago... the one I almost ordered just yesterday in fact. Might go for this one instead if the art is decent!

Has the art been released for this?

I haven't got the zavvi one yet and was waiting for the inevitable £7.99 but it's too similar to SOC which is cool in one way but a bit boring in another. So I might actually pick this up if the art wows me

Has the art been released for this?

I haven't got the zavvi one yet and was waiting for the inevitable £7.99 but it's too similar to SOC which is cool in one way but a bit boring in another. So I might actually pick this up if the art wows me
Not yet mate. I was waiting for a price drop on it too... I almost bit yesterday, but my empty wallet reminded me not to.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flash and Flloydo
It looks a lot better than many Pop Art releases but I think I prefer the original Zavvi exclusive.

Hmm not loving that art :(
Maybe just keep waiting for the original zavvi one to be bit cheaper and it will match straight outta Compton

Not bad for a Pop Art kind of cool but I have not got around to buying the other release, not likely I will buy this one.

Good point but as this steel is SO VERY different to the previous after due consideration I can forgive this release ;) :)

Great film . . . Looks like a triple-dip for me:-

26204_large.jpg
148299_large.jpg
Boys-in-the-Hood-steelbook-zavvi.jpg

My favourite of the announced Pop Arts and that title in red, if spot glossed, could make a world of difference against the b&w and graffitied wall.

Even though I like the style of these I feel that the price is "unfortunate" and if they weren't so limited (reportedly) I wouldn't even consider them at more than 10 quid each and would wait for half this price as I've already done for all the others that I've bought in the series.

Speaking about triple-dipping and obsessional collecting how about this:-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-495-Movi...DVD-3D-Criterion-Steelbook-OOP-/262400718440?
Whilst obviously not the world's largest collection of Blu-rays it's certainly a good effort!

Last edited: