Scarface - 40th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 6, 2023
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on September 29, at 9 AM UK time)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 500

Scarface.jpg

With Zavvi having a SteelBook only edition limited to 500

There will also be a trade wide Collector's Edition that's still to be announced (no details yet) and I expect that will be as usual a UK exclusive

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Just a heads up if you're a purist and want the movie as originally released: the title crawl (background of the immigration wave from Cuba) which opens the film was replaced with machine-generated titles for the European release.

The US 4K had the original theatrical blood red scrawl.

We had the proper opening in the UK too. I just saw the version you mentioned on youtube and it was horrible.

We had the proper opening in the UK too. I just saw the version you mentioned on youtube and it was horrible.

No we didn't. I own the film vault edition and it doesn't have the original opening text crawl, it was replaced with player generated subtitles as was the location markers. Google it and you will see there are various sources explaining this.

No we didn't. I own the film vault edition and it doesn't have the original opening text crawl, it was replaced with player generated subtitles as was the location markers. Google it and you will see there are various sources explaining this.
What did the original look like? Was it white writing scrolling upwards?