Release date: August 14th, 2014
Purchase links: Amazon.de

81UVP-Xp23L._SL1500_.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 578
Last edited by a moderator:
If they had embossed it as Slinchafi illustrated, it would have been awesome but this just looks stupid. I mean just look at Moony's picture, I don't know how anyone can think that this is good:

I had a closer look at it just now.

The correct border as illustrated by Slinchafi is still there, albeit somewhat brighter than the rest.

I tried to take a picture but it's quite difficult to capture this.

This actually might be a debossing error.

captain A 2.jpg

Here, I'll illustrate what I'm talking about because I get the feeling some aren't really sure what I'm saying.

This would make sense (red borders showing where the debossing goes):
cap1.jpg

This doesn't make sense:

cap2.jpg
It's actually easy to make a mistake like that. The way these are usually done (not steelbooks per se, but general image-to-layered object application) is by converting an image to fewer colors, then auto-detecting the borders between the colors you pick to be representing the +/- sides, be it a debossing, stitching (on fabric materials) or anything of the sort. This one gives an impression of someone overlooking the fact that the selected borders don't really represent the image.
This point has been made before and I think it's the best one. Looks to me like it's an obvious error and the software program/whatever saw the sunlight as the border. Someone didn't catch it in time/didn't realize it was a problem before production was made. Arguing about it isn't going to do much good now since they are released :D

Reactions: lgans316
Definitely a strange choice to deboss it like that. You can still see the outline of the hanger so it should have followed that. Now if the lines of that were hidden by the sunlight, it might have looked better, even if still a bit iffy. This just looks plain silly like that.

The more I look at it, the uglier it is to me... Either there was no quality controll back then, or the designer had bad taste. It really annoys me alot, since this could have been really good...

Reactions: lgans316
This point has been made before and I think it's the best one. Looks to me like it's an obvious error and the software program/whatever saw the sunlight as the border. Someone didn't catch it in time/didn't realize it was a problem before production was made. Arguing about it isn't going to do much good now since they are released :D

I hope the best buy version will do everything right!

If this IS a printing error then EPIC LOL @ SCANVO/DISNEY QUALITY CONTROL -_____-

..also.... if USA edition is "fixed" then the entire EU run is gonna be worth JUNK, and any retailer with half a brain wld return that junk back to scanvo/disney and demand a refund!

cuz u can be sure as hell ppl here will be returning/cancelling their orders and scrambling for a USA edition like a mutherfucker! :wtf: