Close Encounters of the Third Kind (30th Anniversary Ultimate Edition) [USA]

Feb 3, 2011

Attachments

• 51syEMVSt0L._SY300_.jpg
    51syEMVSt0L._SY300_.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 133
Last edited by a moderator:
I decided on going with this Digipack instead of the new steelbook coming out. Quite pleased with my decision. This is a top notch edition and leaves me wanting nothing more.

In searching the HDN Digipack section, I didn't find this USA version, so I took 13 pics to capture the full pack, and thought I was going to be posting a brand new thread with original pics. Then, I did one last Google search, and found this thread outside the Digipack section. :ugh:

Since I already had all the pics ready, I will post them here inside a spoiler. :thumbs:

FRONT COVER (CLICK SPOILER BELOW FOR 12 MORE PICS!)

CloseEncountersDigipack1_zps06914b62.jpg

12 ADDITIONAL PICS

BACK COVER WITH INFO SHEET ATTACHED

CloseEncountersDigipack2_zps835a9be0.jpg

ACTUAL BACK COVER

CloseEncountersDigipack3_zps3092ff70.jpg

SPINE

CloseEncountersDigipack4_zpsd3754e40.jpg

OPEN EDGE

CloseEncountersDigipack5_zps7c6901c1.jpg

DIGIPACK INSERT AND BOOKLET

CloseEncountersDigipack6_zps5aea0a5b.jpg

BACK OF DIGIPACK INSERT AND BOOKLET

CloseEncountersDigipack7_zps53a1284a.jpg

FULL BACKSIDE OF DIGIPACK INSERT

CloseEncountersDigipack8_zps514b8c0f.jpg

DIGIPACK OPEN WITH DISCS

CloseEncountersDigipack9_zps8803d961.jpg

DIGIPACK OPEN - DISCS REMOVED

CloseEncountersDigipack10_zpsc71f0ce3.jpg

FEATURE COMPARISON POSTER

CloseEncountersDigipack11_zps0041b471.jpg

OTHER SIDE OF POSTER

CloseEncountersDigipack12_zpsb9b10022.jpg

THE WHOLE KIT AND CABOODLE

CloseEncountersDigipack13_zps4df369b5.jpg

I decided on going with this Digipack instead of the new steelbook coming out. Quite pleased with my decision. This is a top notch edition and leaves me wanting nothing more.

I did the same when I saw how many extras were on the 'missing' second disk in the steel, I think this set (I got the UK version which is the same apart from the UK ratings logos on the front) is far better than the steel because of its contents, I dont regret cancelling the steel in favour of this one :thumbs:

My steel is on its way before learning of this. I must say this slipcase/digibook edition is superb. I may double dip on the same release.

Apologies for bringing up this thread, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how 'limited' or rare this edition was. A quick search on eBay (UK anyway) produced no results for this particular version. Not that I would ever plan to part with my copy, as it's just amazing... but i'm just curious as I can't even see it for sale on Amazon UK or places like that..can anyone advise?