[CLOSED]GB (surfury) play.com Exclusives Fox Wave (Braveheart, Alien, Predator, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfury

AlienGreyhoundSteel
Premium Supporter
Mar 18, 2011
Back home in Cornwall, UK
STEELBOOKS ARE SCHEDULED TO BE SHIPPED on MONDAY, June 25th, 2012. Make that Wednesday June 27 for those not yet invoiced. Sorreeee

PLEASE CONTACT apsmith21 with concerns or questions.

SORRY BUT DUE TO DEMAND THIS IS NOW CLOSED TO NEW BUYERS, PLEASE GO HERE INSTEAD, STILL OPEN TO LISTED BUYERS

I am doing a Group Buy on ALL the new titles in the new wave at play.com, as per the news provided exclusively to Hidefninja.com. Release date is to be June 4th. Retail prices are £9.99 each, except for Alien which is £19.99. :oohyeah:

The first 2 Steelbooks will be charged at £2.50 per Steelbook, subsequent Steelbooks will be charged at £1.50 per Steelbook. There will be a maximum surcharge per Group Buy of £12. I want to keep members interested in buying this way but the amount of work, external purchases, etc will vary depending on amount bought, remember I am an avid collector like the rest of you and want to do this for the least cost to you.
A substantial amount of time & effort goes into these Group Buys and whilst tips are always encouraged and very much appreciated, they are not mandatory :rolleyes:. A good portion from the surcharges above will be donated back to the site to assist. The amount of donation has been approved.

All shipping/postage costs will be on top. If we can combine shipping wherever possible we will. Any member whose total Steelbooks' retail cost is over £50 will need extra insurance however this will also require Signed For service to be included for our mutual protection. This can be waived if we both agree, but all risk will be born by the Buyer.

Needless to say if you join the Group Buy, you commit to buy, if you're not sure then don't join.

Guys & gals, and this is important (and I don't like laying down the law) but PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT THIS WAVE. If you do (unless urgent, private, of course) I WILL DROP YOU TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST. :tear:

Please refer to the individual release threads for full details. The links to the respective titles are listed below. As usual for a play.com Group Buy this will NOT be for those who can deal direct with play, i.e. UK & mainland Europe. Multiples available but due to demand this will be initially limited to 2 copies per title. :cool:

A-Team
Alien Anthology
Braveheart
Fight Club
Man on Fire
Predator
Taken
Wolverine

SORRY BUT DUE TO DEMAND THIS IS NOW CLOSED TO NEW BUYERS, PLEASE GO HERE INSTEAD, STILL OPEN (last time I looked) TO LISTED BUYERS
I have a spreadsheet below which I will update regularly, please check you are on it and that all your details are correct.
Fox Wave New a Crop.jpg

Some of you will note that your position in the "order" may have changed, don't worry it hasn't, honest, also there are colours by your name: these are purely administrative.
Remember it is your responsibility to check it's correct.

Attachments

• MB Para 1 US Crop.jpg
    MB Para 1 US Crop.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 216
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Dave, I got a failure notice on my email I sent you yesterday. I don't know why. I sent you a PM instead.

Reactions: surfury
Hey Dave,

shipping payment was just sent.
I also emailed you my address so please verify you received that since it contains my address.
The email was sent from:
Let me know once you've got it my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to those guys I left out an "r" in my email address, replacement PM sent about hour or so ago.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Hey Dave,

shipping payment was just sent.
I also emailed you my address so please verify you received that since it contains my address.
The email was sent from: deleted
Let me know once you've got it my friend.

I have it, thank you. Would suggest you delete email addy from your post :)

Dave,

I just received the big box today from USA.... it looks like it took only 3 days to arrive from UK with Express option...not bad.

Thanks again for your help with these. You guys are lucky to have play.com shipping in these packaging....It's definitely one of the best out there.

Positive feedback is coming to you.

img3160k.jpg

Dave,

I just received the big box today from USA.... it looks like it took only 3 days to arrive from UK with Express option...not bad.

Thanks again for your help with these. You guys are lucky to have play.com shipping in these packaging....It's definitely one of the best out there.

Positive feedback is coming to you.
img3160k.jpg

Glad you liked it and hope it was worth the wait :D Feedback left ..... and nice pic :)

It's my intention to start a thread in a few days time (hopefully in Group Buys if Mods will let me) just to see what feedback is specifically with regard to these new play boxes. I have found that it is cheaper to send them out bundled together rather than finding all sorts of different sizes and shapes of box and want to know whether you liked/didn't like them that way. Please don't comment in this thread unless you feel you have to, as I'd like to get all the responses in one thread, (whichh no doubt will get moved to the Feedback section).

Last edited:
Reactions: Marina Blue
As for packaging, I prefer it the way you sent to me (individual steelbook per box). If one of the box gets dented, then there's a high chance the other ones survives. Even though the shipping might costs more, it's so much more worth it. I rather spend the extra money on shipping to receive a non-dented steelbook. It's not worth it to deal when problem arises because of inadequate packaging - even more time and money are wasted afterward.

I have always want to know, and I hope you are able to provide an answer.

Do you give higher priority for folks who provide you a "nice" tip vs. someone who doesn't tip at all? If a buyer knows he'll get better attention with a bigger tip, then more buyer will rise their tip to group buy host vs. someone who doesn't tip at all.

[/SPOILER]

Glad you liked it and hope it was worth the wait :D Feedback left

It's my intention to start a thread in a few days time (hopefully in Group Buys if Mods will let me) just to see what feedback is specifically with regard to these new play boxes. I have found that it is cheaper to send them out bundled together rather than finding all sorts of different sizes and shapes of box and want to know whether you liked/didn't like them that way. Please don't comment in this thread unless you feel you have to, as I'd like to get all the responses in one thread, (whichh no doubt will get moved to the Feedback section).

Last edited:
To answer last question first, tbh tips don't enter into it and I don't believe should enter into it. Some folks tip when they pay for the Steels, some when they pay for the shipping or some not at all. I found it was easier to send out those with small number of Steels to start as whilst it might not get the numbers shifted so fast it gets more members satisfied. There are times when shifting a couple of larger boxes helps but rarely.

My argument behind sending them back out in the boxes they came are three-fold.
Firstly, everyone gets to see the boxes and can comment on them, as they are new.
Secondly, I wanted to see how they would stand up to the rigours of transatlantic travel.
Thirdly, as you say they may be a touch heavier but not much and if taped together there's no external box, if sent in a large box with to be honest minimal bubblewrap, just enough to cushion them then the couriers are looking at what's called volumetric weight to charge as they don't weigh that. (Volumetric weight of a play box is 307gm, actual weight of a taped up box with Alien Anthology is 298gm, most of the Fox Wave were around 248gm and Uni 100 Wave 1 226gm) If the volumetric weight is higher that's what you get charged at. Postal services usually calculate it differently. :)

Thanks for the information. Good info for future group buy...

To answer last question first, tbh tips don't enter into it and I don't believe should enter into it. Some folks tip when they pay for the Steels, some when they pay for the shipping or some not at all. I found it was easier to send out those with small number of Steels to start as whilst it might not get the numbers shifted so fast it gets more members satisfied. There are times when shifting a couple of larger boxes helps but rarely.

Last edited:
Sorry to those guys I left out an "r" in my email address, replacement PM sent about hour or so ago.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

I have it, thank you. Would suggest you delete email addy from your post :)

Awesome, thanks Dave!
and thanks Che for the post edit.

Got it today Dave! Thanks so much for hosting the GB!! Positive feedback left! :scat:

Perfect condition and honestly between play and amazon packaging I put them both on par with one another.

Just the right fit :hilarious:

picture.php

and the results

picture.php

Wrath obviously came from BB but I am going to post my latest pickups in the recent additions and I have to save those KBs :hilarious:

picture.php

Reactions: surfury and tono06
Jay, beat me to the post.

All bar a couple, for which I'm waiting specific details, have been sent out. :oohyeah: Whilst I wouldn't normally do it, in view of the delays I have sent them and will invoice the members after. Obviously if Steels haven't been paid for then they won't have been sent. There are a couple where I have changed carrier from Royal Mail to UPS as split fees are too excessive but more details are needed unfortunately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.