[CLOSED]GB (surfury) play.com Exclusives Fox Wave (Braveheart, Alien, Predator, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfury

AlienGreyhoundSteel
Premium Supporter
Mar 18, 2011
Back home in Cornwall, UK
STEELBOOKS ARE SCHEDULED TO BE SHIPPED on MONDAY, June 25th, 2012. Make that Wednesday June 27 for those not yet invoiced. Sorreeee

PLEASE CONTACT apsmith21 with concerns or questions.

SORRY BUT DUE TO DEMAND THIS IS NOW CLOSED TO NEW BUYERS, PLEASE GO HERE INSTEAD, STILL OPEN TO LISTED BUYERS

I am doing a Group Buy on ALL the new titles in the new wave at play.com, as per the news provided exclusively to Hidefninja.com. Release date is to be June 4th. Retail prices are £9.99 each, except for Alien which is £19.99. :oohyeah:

The first 2 Steelbooks will be charged at £2.50 per Steelbook, subsequent Steelbooks will be charged at £1.50 per Steelbook. There will be a maximum surcharge per Group Buy of £12. I want to keep members interested in buying this way but the amount of work, external purchases, etc will vary depending on amount bought, remember I am an avid collector like the rest of you and want to do this for the least cost to you.
A substantial amount of time & effort goes into these Group Buys and whilst tips are always encouraged and very much appreciated, they are not mandatory :rolleyes:. A good portion from the surcharges above will be donated back to the site to assist. The amount of donation has been approved.

All shipping/postage costs will be on top. If we can combine shipping wherever possible we will. Any member whose total Steelbooks' retail cost is over £50 will need extra insurance however this will also require Signed For service to be included for our mutual protection. This can be waived if we both agree, but all risk will be born by the Buyer.

Needless to say if you join the Group Buy, you commit to buy, if you're not sure then don't join.

Guys & gals, and this is important (and I don't like laying down the law) but PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT THIS WAVE. If you do (unless urgent, private, of course) I WILL DROP YOU TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST. :tear:

Please refer to the individual release threads for full details. The links to the respective titles are listed below. As usual for a play.com Group Buy this will NOT be for those who can deal direct with play, i.e. UK & mainland Europe. Multiples available but due to demand this will be initially limited to 2 copies per title. :cool:

A-Team
Alien Anthology
Braveheart
Fight Club
Man on Fire
Predator
Taken
Wolverine

SORRY BUT DUE TO DEMAND THIS IS NOW CLOSED TO NEW BUYERS, PLEASE GO HERE INSTEAD, STILL OPEN (last time I looked) TO LISTED BUYERS
I have a spreadsheet below which I will update regularly, please check you are on it and that all your details are correct.
Fox Wave New a Crop.jpg

Some of you will note that your position in the "order" may have changed, don't worry it hasn't, honest, also there are colours by your name: these are purely administrative.
Remember it is your responsibility to check it's correct.

Attachments

• MB Para 1 US Crop.jpg
    MB Para 1 US Crop.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 216
Last edited by a moderator:
^^We take member concerns very seriously around here, and I hope you agree that trading moderators & mods in general are very responsive to concerns and issues.

Not trying to toot our own horn here, as things can always happen, but this is one of the safest forums to buy or sell - at least that I've been part of. It's not only moderator efforts, but the efforts of members and group buy hosts as well.

So with that being said, things sometimes pop up for everyone, and we can only work toward a common goal of keeping everyone informed about what is happening with the group buy and when the steelbooks might be mailed.

Thanks again for everyone's patience, and rest assured everyone will get their items.

As an update - I've spoken with Dave and the goal is that everything will be packaged up by the end of this week - so Sunday - at the latest - in preparation for shipment on Monday - June 25th, 2012.

Please direct ANY AND ALL CONCERNS TO ME - pm me here - the more time Dave can spend packing, the quicker everyone will get their items.

So if you have questions, I'll assist where I can and relay when I can't.

In addition, if you haven't paid for shipping yet - make sure you have an available balance in your account or be ready to send payment quickly when asked. If you have any shipping preferences or requests (tracking, insurance, etc), wait until you receive the notification from Dave that he has packaged up your items and knows the total weight of your package.

Thank you everyone.

intl_shipping.jpg

Last edited:
Lol. I said I felt like I was bein scammed, not that he was a scammer. I've been scammed two times before and didnt get my money back and can never be to sure anymore. I said no disrespect as I didn't intend to disrespect him just a little concerned. I've never bought from him before and don't know him so I can't be too sure. Sorry if I upset anyone. And like I've said before hope his personal issues aren't too serious. Just have to look at for yourself as well.

I understand how you meant it, and its ok ... but just the word scam in the sentence will get people bonkers because Dave has over 150 positive feedbacks here. We all know him pretty well here too. Its all good. Even if he had shipped on day 1 , you probably still wouldnt have them yet ... you'd probably getting them as early as late this week at best. So you'll have a 2 week delay so to speak on catalog titles ... I hope by now you've seen most these movies. :D

There has been let's say an embarrassment of Steels at house surfury. However to give you guys some explanation which you fully deserve, my mother in law had a near fatal fall and we first cut short our holiday/vacation. Long distances are all relative any way but as I don't drive my wife drove us home (took 2 and half hours) and had a 20 min rest break then drove 4 and half hours (London to Cornwall). We arrived back home a week later and within another week we were on the road to Cornwall. Certain other events happened as well but let's say I'm not the only one in the house who wants to get these boxes all sorted and done, as well as you.

I can only offer my heartfelt apologies for the delays incurred. I promise this will never happen again (who was it that said never say never again ?) Thank you guys and gals for sticking with me and for the staff who've had to take the flak.

There has been let's say an embarrassment of Steels at house surfury. However to give you guys some explanation which you fully deserve, my mother in law had a near fatal fall and we first cut short our holiday/vacation. Long distances are all relative any way but as I don't drive my wife drove us home (took 2 and half hours) and had a 20 min rest break then drove 4 and half hours (London to Cornwall). We arrived back home a week later and within another week we were on the road to Cornwall. Certain other events happened as well but let's say I'm not the only one in the house who wants to get these boxes all sorted and done, as well as you.

I can only offer my heartfelt apologies for the delays incurred. I promise this will never happen again (who was it that said never say never again ?) Thank you guys and gals for sticking with me and for the staff who've had to take the flak.

I'm pretty sure Sean Connery's wife said "Never Say Never Again" which titled the Bond film! lol

I can only speak for myself Dave, but I truly appreciate all the time and effort you put into these Group Buys! When it comes to personal/family matters you can't always control the events that may come. Ive dealt with you before and I'll deal with you again. You are a standup guy, and an asset to the community. Thanks again for all you've done and continue to do my friend!

Thank You Dave for all your hard work, time, and trouble to help so many people out.

I am so sorry to hear about the impossible personal difficulties you and your family have had to deal with. I hope and pray that things work out and all will be fine.

I greatly appreciate EVERYTHING and ALL you have done for me and others.

We owe you so much for your help.

You are a very special, caring, person.

God Bless and Take Care My Friend...

Dave, you take care of family first, that what's important. Don't worry yourself over those pesky steelbooks. They'll still be there when you have time to get back to them and we'll all still be here, so there's no rush. I know my steelbooks are in good hands with you. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family bro. I hope she's OK.

Dave,

Sorry to hear about your current situation. I hope your MIL gets well. Family comes first.

Just wanted to let you know that I received both Fight Club and Chronicle steelbooks. Thanks.
Thanks. If you can pop some feedback up it would be appreciated and reciprocated. :)

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Thanks to all for the kind messages, feel a bit of a heel now. I would like to say a special thanks however to apsmith21 (Andy) and Wreck for their support at this time.

Hey Dave....Since everyone else is waiting, you can go ahead and ship mine.:hilarious:
:hilarious:Just kidding....IT'S A JOKE PEOPLE!:hilarious:

Take care of your priorities mate.....I've been there myself.
Take all the time you need. Hope it all turns out well.
Thoughts & Prayers.

Reactions: surfury
What everyone else said, not bothered by the wait at all. There are priorities in life and family always comes first. I hope for your sake Dave that you have a very patient and understanding wife and that she hasn't put you in the dog-house for clogging up the house with boxes of steels!

Shipping money is ready to go whenever invoice is sent :)

Hey Dave....Since everyone else is waiting, you can go ahead and ship mine.:hilarious:
:hilarious:Just kidding....IT'S A JOKE PEOPLE!:hilarious:

Take care of your priorities mate.....I've been there myself.
Take all the time you need. Hope it all turns out well.
Thoughts & Prayers.

Fair enough that's one to the back of the queue makes my life easier. :hilarious:

Just j/king ..... As and when, and thanks for the words.

A PROGRESS UPDATE RE PACKING and DISPATCHING etc

Just to let folks know that whilst it might seem an odd way of doing it I am working through the smaller orders first. Also as UPS collect from my door I can do the paperwork on Sunday to arrange pickup for the large parcels (unless you're in Canada or have requested they go via Royal Mail).

I've been meaning to ask about the status for sometime now, but just saw your message on the other page. I have to agree with others' sentiments and ask you to do take your time and take care of the more important matters first. :)

Waiting more is fine by me if it means you get less stress, as long as we also get our Steelbooks in the end safe and sound... and without customs charges hopefully. :p

Reactions: surfury
Status
Not open for further replies.