Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
51nNPD%2BoXJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This is a group buy for the TRUE GRIT & Universum steelbooks from GERMANY. Release date of June 30th, 2011 & July 8th, 2011.

h68w-1g.jpg

h68w-1d.jpg

h68w-1e.jpg

h68w-1f.jpg

h68w-1h.jpg

h68w-1i.jpg

h68w-1j.jpg

h68w-1k.jpg

h68w-1l.jpg

h68w-1m.jpg

h68w-1n.jpg

h68w-1o.jpg

ALL PURCHASES ARE DONE THROUGH REFERRAL LINKS TO SUPPORT THIS SITE.

Paramount has distributed REGION FREE blu-ray discs in Germany before (see Transformers, Collateral, Event Horizon, ETC).

RATINGS LOGO SHOULD BE A STICKER.

$35.83 for True Grit SHIPPED TO US members INCLUDING PAYPAL FEES (add $1 for Canada)
(that is with 04/15/11 exchange - it might drop a bit before release)

$26.04 EACH Universum title BEFORE SHIPPING TO US members INCLUDING PAYPAL FEES (Canada ask for quote)

WILL COMBINE SHIPPING ON MULTIPLE PURCHASES VIA USPS PRIORITY MAIL.

How I determine cost -> exact steelbook cost + any fees (credit card currency fees, etc) + a small amount for me.

Normal rules apply - all members of the group buy assume a similar risk - if a steelbook comes in with a small ding, there's nothing I can do about that. However, I will use a random number generator to "pick" who gets any damaged copy.

There should be NOTHING that is majorly damaged - things usually arrive from amazon.de in fine shape.

If you have a trading score smaller than 5 - payment is required up front, unless you have participated in a group buy with me before. I cannot be stuck with unclaimed copies.

STEELBOOK mail costs:
Mailing 1st Class USPS in a box - likely around $3.50 for one copy. Can do $5 Priority Mail (on the east coast) for two. EXACT shipping will be charged and I don't ship media mail for steelbooks. 1st class for 1 - otherwise it's priority mail.

Last edited:
Just an update since it's been a bit since I've posted anything here.

No change in the status of the package.

It's been confirmed that a certain someone that a few of us are familiar with that hosted a "few group buys" on another forum is having a similar issue. ;)

So we're not alone.

I also heard from a member here who had a similar problem with a package a while ago from amazon.de.

He said it showed in the tracking about a week after it was supposed to be delivered. I'm going to give it a couple more days and if it doesn't show up in the US by then, I'll be contacting amazon.de for a replacement shipment.

If you have any questions, please PM me and sorry in advance for any problems.

I had this problem with my Underworld Trilogy order ... 2 weeks after it was "supposed to arrive" I contacted them and told them even tho it still acted like it was shipped in the tracking system they just sent me another. I only received that one, so my guess was it got sent back or something

I think I'm one that's got the egg / face - 3 different reps and not a one understood or cared about what the heck I was saying. :angry:

Andy this issue (Amazon not able to "understand" your problem) is not only Amazon.de as i have experienced myself. I had alot of problems from Amazon.com as well as Amazon.co.jp , the only Amazon that works "to my satisfaction" ist amazon.ca , even amazon.de does sometimes ignore my "situations"...

I just hope everything goes well....

hmmm...is that guy you talked about , THAT guy? Just curious....

Take care
John

Andy this issue (Amazon not able to "understand" your problem) is not only Amazon.de as i have experienced myself. I had alot of problems from Amazon.com as well as Amazon.co.jp , the only Amazon that works "to my satisfaction" ist amazon.ca , even amazon.de does sometimes ignore my "situations"...

I just hope everything goes well....

hmmm...is that guy you talked about , THAT guy? Just curious....

Take care
John

Thanks for the kind words John - and yes, it is THAT guy. ;)

No kidding. I've been in contact with amazon.de about this order - I'm trying to get it resent.

In their most recent response they expressed their confusion about the order - as the original one contained True Grit - but the system split that from this package.

So it was part of the original order, and not bothering to really look at it, the rep told me that they couldn't be resent since they did not have any more True Grit copies.

TG wasn't in this package amazon... :squint:

SIGH. :rolleyes:

The replacement order has been shipped. Arrival should be by the end of the week - I'm hoping to get them mailed out to members by Saturday AM at the latest. :scat:

Group buy has arrived. I'm packaging steelbooks as we speak! :scat:

105_3705.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.