College Football 2010-11 Season Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobius387

beer snob
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
All future college football talks to here!

Buckeyes will dominate this year :scat::scat:

Also: New B10 conference divisions announced. about as good as they could slice it while pleasing everyone

Division X
OSU
PSU
Wisconsin
Indiana
Illinois
Purdue

Division O
Northwestern
Michigan
Iowa
MSU
Minny
Nebraska

I'll be on the road tomorrow night driving out for some college football this weekend. Saturday can't come soon enough. I guess I'll listen to espn radio while I'm driving though.

Two things I'm hoping for this season.

1: Utah has a respectable season so they don't go into the pac-10 looking like a joke.
2: Boise St. loses at least one game. I will be so angry if they play for the National Championship. With their schedule they don't deserve the opportunity.

They are playing my boys in their first game! Everyone watch as VT takes down Boise St. in primetime on monday night *crosses fingers*

Boise is returning all but two or three people. Their QB is supposedly a stud too, even though he didnt do that much last season :confused: Even with that though, I think it's completely ridiculous to rank a team like them at #3, if they don't lose to Tech then They will easily go undefeated. It's just plain stupid for a team like them to go to the championship when they only play one big game all season.

If at the end, the BCS does the right thing and leaves them out of the national championship, then we'll gets 10x more whiners and Obama will rear his ugly head in the matter again..... maybe I should just not watch anything this season:ugh:

If we lose on monday night then I hope ohio st goes undeafeated so they can pick a 1-loss team to play over boise in the championship!

Two things I'm hoping for this season.

1: Utah has a respectable season so they don't go into the pac-10 looking like a joke.
2: Boise St. loses at least one game. I will be so angry if they play for the National Championship. With their schedule they don't deserve the opportunity.

Boise State beat a wayyyyyy overrated Tech team.....I suggest you take my point of view on the situation. Root for Boise state to go undefeated and make it to the National Championship....Then pray to god that they get rolled by 40+ points by a team from one of the big time conferences. This would be just another slap in the face of the BCS.

New Polls

Pete DiPrimio of The Fort Wayne News-Sentinel in Indiana was the lone voter to keep Boise State No. 1 this week.

"I still think Virginia Tech is a good team and will make a bowl," DiPrimio said in an e-mail Sunday. "Alabama and Ohio State haven't been tested on the road like that."

I hope this guy was drunk when he wrote that email, because obviously he hasn't realized that Boise St has not been challenged on the road yet and THEY WONT ALL YEAR. While OSU and Bama have to play road games against Iowa, Wisky, Michigan and Arky, LSU, SC, BSU's toughest road game is against Nevada.

I don't know how anyone can vote this team even in the top 5. If they run the table they don't belong within 500 miles of the NC game. Their toughest two opponents, Oregon St and Vtech, will finish mid pack of the P10 and ACC at best. AND THEY GET BOTH OF THEM AT HOME.

I can't wait until the computers rank this team like 15 since they will have a SOS of about 110

I hope this guy was drunk when he wrote that email, because obviously he hasn't realized that Boise St has not been challenged on the road yet and THEY WONT ALL YEAR. While OSU and Bama have to play road games against Iowa, Wisky, Michigan and Arky, LSU, SC, BSU's toughest road game is against Nevada.

I don't know how anyone can vote this team even in the top 5. If they run the table they don't belong within 500 miles of the NC game. Their toughest two opponents, Oregon St and Vtech, will finish mid pack of the P10 and ACC at best. AND THEY GET BOTH OF THEM AT HOME.

I can't wait until the computers rank this team like 15 since they will have a SOS of about 110

No need to worry, Boise will glide through the season until Dec 4th. when they will lose to Utah State. :hilarious:

But really, I have high hopes for Utah State this year. :emb:

We're still going to win the ACC!!!!! :angry: You're right though, we were certainly overrated... We can't be ranked that high when we had lost so many on defense. We've got a lot of young guys out there. Biggest argument against Boise is that we very nearly beat them, and we are certainly not NC material.

Biggest competition in the ACC will likely be Miami and we always get up for that game. It's near the end of the season too, it'll be a big one :D

Who saw the Spartans "Little Giants" play against Notre Dame on Saturday? I think everyone was surprised by that one. But in the end it was one of the best finishes I've seen. Then right after the game Coach D had a heart attack. Crazy!! But it put the Spartans in the top 25!!.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I admit, I have no knowledge of College ball but I do want to learn. I am seriously looking into starting to watch this stuff but there are sooooooo many teams and conferences I have no idea what I'm looking at. first thing first...I need a team to root for. I travel to Florida quite a bit so it's only natural that I will root for one of their teams. I'd like to know, is there a team that plays in Orlando??? that would be my first choice. I guess Southern Florida plays at Raymond James so if I can't find a team in Orlando I will go with them.

OK, I admit, I have no knowledge of College ball but I do want to learn. I am seriously looking into starting to watch this stuff but there are sooooooo many teams and conferences I have no idea what I'm looking at. first thing first...I need a team to root for. I travel to Florida quite a bit so it's only natural that I will root for one of their teams. I'd like to know, is there a team that plays in Orlando??? that would be my first choice. I guess Southern Florida plays at Raymond James so if I can't find a team in Orlando I will go with them.

UCF is based out of Orlando, they are a D-1 School in the Conference USA. Kansas State beat them this weekend 17-13!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I've always been a fan of Michigan and Missouri State. I've also become a fan of University of Missouri or Mizzou to most. It was one of those things where you move somewhere and there is so much hype about the team that they all like, so it rubbed off on me after some time. Plus, I can't stand KU so I might as well like their rivals. :hilarious:

UCF Knights correct???? I was just checking them out. looks like they were the last of the florida teams I had to look at, haha.

Yep, UCF Knights, very good defense and the True Freshman QB is a stud in the making, next bishop if coached well.

You should definitely give college football a shot. Has a different feel to it than the NFL. Over the years I've found myself being interested in a few teams around the country.

-Utah
-Utah State
-Oregon
-Notre Dame
-Michigan
-Miami

I think you should try out Miami, see how it feels.

Status
Not open for further replies.